Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    omg yes I LOVE reading all these and

(Original post by Tootles)
    And through having once been a member of the George Formby Society, and making a name for myself there and at various big music events in my area, I was almost famous at one time, myself. It feels strange being recognized as a singer/musician when I'm stacking bookshelves in a shop...
    omg did you like the feeling or were you startled and a bit creeped out?

(Original post by z33)
    omg did you like the feeling or were you startled and a bit creeped out?
    It was strange, but not unpleasant. Especially when I told him the reasons why I don't perform in public much any more - he said he understood, but I should reconsider going on stage again.

ReputationRep:
    It was strange, but not unpleasant. Especially when I told him the reasons why I don't perform in public much any more - he said he understood, but I should reconsider going on stage again.
    hell yeah raise the roof! mind sharing some of your work?

(Original post by z33)
    hell yeah raise the roof! mind sharing some of your work?
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MarkAndHisUke

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI9lwqMmtq4

my favourite awh you should definitely start doing covers and original songs! I'd say audition for those talent shows but they're ****e and the people who win rarely get enough recognition and will always be known as "that guy from the x factor" but DAYM your skills! that was awesome haha!

(Original post by z33)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI9lwqMmtq4

my favourite awh you should definitely start doing covers and original songs! I'd say audition for those talent shows but they're ****e and the people who win rarely get enough recognition and will always be known as "that guy from the x factor" but DAYM your skills! that was awesome haha!
    Mostly the stuff that I've played has been covers of George Formby stuff, with the odd bit of classical (Overture to Guillaume Tell, Orpheus in the Underworld, In the Hall of the Mountain King, that kind of thing). I do write a little, but that's more rock-ish (for example, this WIP demo of a concept I've been working on on-and-off over the last couple of years), and as it's multi-instrumental, it's kind of hard to take on stage :lol:

I've done the talent shows, and can honestly say they're not worth it. The local shows are all fixed, and X-Factor was a joke.

But thank you I've been half-toying with the idea of doing more performing at some point.

ReputationRep:
    Mostly the stuff that I've played has been covers of George Formby stuff, with the odd bit of classical (Overture to Guillaume Tell, Orpheus in the Underworld, In the Hall of the Mountain King, that kind of thing). I do write a little, but that's more rock-ish (for example, this WIP demo of a concept I've been working on on-and-off over the last couple of years), and as it's multi-instrumental, it's kind of hard to take on stage :lol:

I've done the talent shows, and can honestly say they're not worth it. The local shows are all fixed, and X-Factor was a joke.

But thank you I've been half-toying with the idea of doing more performing at some point.
    I love the more rockish stuff! Yes you need to find yourself a band and raise the roof! I love the train noises that were in the background. Awh Lullaby for an Insomniac was so deep... with some production that song would be AWESOME it almost sounds creepy haha

ooohh A Day in the Strife! I loVE IT yes! Yes you definitely need to work on this and make it happen! Screw the talent shows, do the YouTube videos! Proper professional YouTube videos, clear quality and you'll be good to go!

Your work is so so good! It's different from anything else I've listened to but I love it! I'm more of a rock/ alternative person myself so if you bring in the electric guitars and drums obviously I will be blown away haha but it still sounds so cute and raw just as it is! Definitely do go back to performing!

ReputationRep:
    Used to play football with Liam Payne from One Direction before he got famous if that counts?

(Original post by z33)
    I love the more rockish stuff! Yes you need to find yourself a band and raise the roof! I love the train noises that were in the background. Awh Lullaby for an Insomniac was so deep... with some production that song would be AWESOME it almost sounds creepy haha

ooohh A Day in the Strife! I loVE IT yes! Yes you definitely need to work on this and make it happen! Screw the talent shows, do the YouTube videos! Proper professional YouTube videos, clear quality and you'll be good to go!

Your work is so so good! It's different from anything else I've listened to but I love it! I'm more of a rock/ alternative person myself so if you bring in the electric guitars and drums obviously I will be blown away haha but it still sounds so cute and raw just as it is! Definitely do go back to performing!
    Well, thank you :blush:

It's based on some of my own experiences, as I imagine you'd already figured out. Actually I've got most of it written and various pieces of demos recorded (about 45 minutes I think), but I do need to rerecord it all and produce it properly - Audacity can work wonders but what I can do is limited by the fact that all recording was done using my laptop's internal mic :dong: But as I said, I have to play/learn all the instruments myself, which can be challenging, especially with the drums (bah, no room, use the keyboard instead :rolleyes:), and I have no friends to help me out, haha.

Lullaby for an Insomniac was fun to do - that one really is all true. I used the same music (slowed down) for a suidice note kind of song at the end of the whole piece.

ReputationRep:
    Well, thank you :blush:

It's based on some of my own experiences, as I imagine you'd already figured out. Actually I've got most of it written and various pieces of demos recorded (about 45 minutes I think), but I do need to rerecord it all and produce it properly - Audacity can work wonders but what I can do is limited by the fact that all recording was done using my laptop's internal mic :dong: But as I said, I have to play/learn all the instruments myself, which can be challenging, especially with the drums (bah, no room, use the keyboard instead :rolleyes:), and I have no friends to help me out, haha.

Lullaby for an Insomniac was fun to do - that one really is all true. I used the same music (slowed down) for a suidice note kind of song at the end of the whole piece.
    Yeah it does sound sincere and 'from the heart'! Yeah do it properly! Idk save up and get a mic and stuff... do you know anyone into music or filming with all the equipment? Hey you don't have to learn to play anything! Look at Ed Sheeran, it's just him and his guitar... nothing else (although in studio versions of his songs he might have some other instrumentals involved).

Maybe you could go out and find musicians willing to work with you? You'd probably find someone if you look in the right places... maybe those little bands just starting out and playing at tiny venues, maybe you could go up to them and ask them to hook you up.

Yeah Lullaby for an Insomniac is really good! I think it could have a cool creepy music video to accompany it too! Awesome stuff man!

ReputationRep:
    Met Olly Murs at Thorpe Park

Saw Proudlock from Made in Chelsea when I was near Kensington High street back in August

ReputationRep:
    I've seen Ian McKellen in school; he comes over every now and then.

(Original post by z33)
    Yeah it does sound sincere and 'from the heart'! Yeah do it properly! Idk save up and get a mic and stuff... do you know anyone into music or filming with all the equipment? Hey you don't have to learn to play anything! Look at Ed Sheeran, it's just him and his guitar... nothing else (although in studio versions of his songs he might have some other instrumentals involved).

Maybe you could go out and find musicians willing to work with you? You'd probably find someone if you look in the right places... maybe those little bands just starting out and playing at tiny venues, maybe you could go up to them and ask them to hook you up.

Yeah Lullaby for an Insomniac is really good! I think it could have a cool creepy music video to accompany it too! Awesome stuff man!
    Hmm, I actually like the idea of playing all the instruments - it's a challenge, and I like challenges (and learning instruments) - and doing all the mixing/production myself. I don't really know anyone else who does the kind of thing I'd need, to be honest, just a very small group of friends who are more into weird **** and DJing.

All it means if I have to try a little harder it's not all I do though, I'm also a writer (one has to keep busy :sly:), haha.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I actually like the idea of playing all the instruments - it's a challenge, and I like challenges (and learning instruments) - and doing all the mixing/production myself. I don't really know anyone else who does the kind of thing I'd need, to be honest, just a very small group of friends who are more into weird **** and DJing.

All it means if I have to try a little harder it's not all I do though, I'm also a writer (one has to keep busy :sly:), haha.
    Yeah well you seem up for the challenge! Go ahead write them books and sing them songs I do still think YouTube would be the best medium to go through.

Good luck

(Original post by z33)
    Yeah well you seem up for the challenge! Go ahead write them books and sing them songs I do still think YouTube would be the best medium to go through.

Good luck
    Thanks

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.