Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I registered for March! Sick to my stomach that I haven't started revising though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyra1987)
    Trying desperately to build motivation to start studying for march. Really hope it will be easier after my experience last September. The wait to hear back from Exeter is killing me. But I think the hope that I just might get an offer is stopping me studying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lyra, I hope you get an offer! Would you be able to get your money back if you did get an offer though

ReputationRep:
    Non refundable. Would be so happy if I get an offer I don't think I would care. Plus have a long weekend holiday in Dublin which is always a plus.

Thank you though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If anyone is in London, would you like to meet up for study days for March's GAMSAT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PintoBeans)
    If anyone is in London, would you like to meet up for study days for March's GAMSAT?
    I'm in Surrey. But I'm kinda behind with studying so I won't be much use.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone Studying for the Gamsat in Newcastle ???

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! After 3 failed UKCATs I have decided to take GAMSAT road. I have 2.1 degree in Med and Pharma management and currently work as Sales and Support Engineer. I sell and support medical devices in the NHS hospitals. I have recently finished doing my A- levels in Chemistry and Biology just to meet the entry requirements to Barts and Kings but my UKCAT score let me down.
    I am going to try my luck with GAMSAT this September! Is there any study group in London? I could of my help with Chemistry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prada:))
    Hi guys! After 3 failed UKCATs I have decided to take GAMSAT road. I have 2.1 degree in Med and Pharma management and currently work as Sales and Support Engineer. I sell and support medical devices in the NHS hospitals. I have recently finished doing my A- levels in Chemistry and Biology just to meet the entry requirements to Barts and Kings but my UKCAT score let me down.
    I am going to try my luck with GAMSAT this September! Is there any study group in London? I could of my help with Chemistry
    I think a study group would be really useful. I am feeling quite behind. I am (slowly) working through a-level science books and a philosophy book.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys new to the thread and the gamsat in general, decided to sit the march one as a dry run at the very least. For section one I'm just going to read and read and read all sorts of literature I have lots of books, section 2 I've found a quote generator and just going to practice essays and for section 3 I have the gold standard book, do you guys think that's enough material to prep with or would you recommend more? Any input much appreciated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Isn't the march one just in Dublin? Can we take it in London? If we fail can we take the September too and use only that score?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anatomyjane)
    Isn't the march one just in Dublin? Can we take it in London? If we fail can we take the September too and use only that score?
    You can take it in London, yes. All scores are valid for 2 years, you can use any result you choose (I think you have to notify the unis when you're applying though, so they don't use the wrong one).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anatomyjane)
    The March one is also done in London and you can use it for that years entry cycle, or retake in September if you wish, but you won't know your score before you apply if you sit the September one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    2 weeks until GAMSAT for March closes and 2 months until the actual exam!!!

ReputationRep:
    2 weeks until GAMSAT for March closes and 2 months until the actual exam!!!
    I know. I have a poster on my wall with the number of days left until the 19th march and every day I put a new one up. I keep avoiding that part of the wall!

ReputationRep:
    What particular area (if any) is everyone feeling weakest in leading up to the March GAMSAT if you are sitting it? I'm not feeling amazing on the organic chem and the physics from section 3, and I'm not amazingly strong but competent enough currently in section 1.

Trying to be well rounded is a real challenge with this exam! Jack of all trades, master of none comes to mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone considering Exeter next year. Have had confirmation from the admissions department there were 60 grad applicants this year for 13 places.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyra1987)
    Anyone considering Exeter next year. Have had confirmation from the admissions department there were 60 grad applicants this year for 13 places.
    1/5 chance of getting in doesn't look bad. Also do you know if all sixty turned up for interview, or how many have offers elsewhere.

I doubt I'd be able to afford to go to Exeter, nor would I want to do 5 years of study. I'm getting so old and a whole year of not studying makes a world of difference.

Good luck with hearing from Exeter!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Themightylaa)
    What particular area (if any) is everyone feeling weakest in leading up to the March GAMSAT if you are sitting it? I'm not feeling amazing on the organic chem and the physics from section 3, and I'm not amazingly strong but competent enough currently in section 1.

Trying to be well rounded is a real challenge with this exam! Jack of all trades, master of none comes to mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did biology and chemistry at a - level, looking through my notes it feels like I've forgotten it all. I also did single physics at GCSE, which I didn't even remember doing, but hopefully my notes will come into use. I also have the resources that Neuronerd gave, but having trouble opening them. My course still asks you to write essays and give them in so I'm used to writing lots of critical essays and that's really the only section I'm genuinely confident about.

But I've finally got some work in bank which I didn't even think I qualified for, so at least I'll have work experience in place!

ReputationRep:
    1/5 chance of getting in doesn't look bad. Also do you know if all sixty turned up for interview, or how many have offers elsewhere.

I doubt I'd be able to afford to go to Exeter, nor would I want to do 5 years of study. I'm getting so old and a whole year of not studying makes a world of difference.

Good luck with hearing from Exeter!
    All I can go on is what the admissions department have told me. They told me 60 applicants for 13 places.

They did not tell me how many have actually interviewed. I have no idea how many might have offers elsewhere (how would I know?).

Besides even if others have offers for other unis this would not determine if Exeter offered them a place or not. They simply go on interview scores. Many may also be in the same boat as myself where they missed the cut off for other courses but got lucky with Exeter offering interviews based on an overall GAMSAT score rather than individual sections.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Themightylaa)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Definitely physics. Ive actually just given up on it. I finish work at 8pm so I come home tired and ready to go to sleep so I don't even have time for it. I'm actually using March as kind of a mock paper.A very expensive mock paper.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 27, 2017

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
  • Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.