Turn on thread page Beta

Girl just won't go out with me - what now? watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Too dark for me; might be able to enjoy them a bit more now that I'm older and therefore more world weary. Different things for different people I guess. Have you ever seen any of Stanley Kubrick's movies? They are quite dark.
    A Clockwork Orange (not as good as the book) and The Shining (not read any Stephen King, though I'm planning on reading Dreamcatcher when I next get the chance)
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    AngryRedhead Also seen Spartacus, didn't know it was Kubrick until a quick google search just now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James Milibanter)
    A Clockwork Orange (not as good as the book) and The Shining (not read any Stephen King, though I'm planning on reading Dreamcatcher when I next get the chance)
    Great movies; very thought provoking. Although I admit, once again, I havn't read the books. FMJ can be funny at times though

Didn't know that was one of his either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sebe0062)
    hit the gym bro, girls love a jacked mofo
    With the ******* attitude, a.k.a the ****boy, right?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Great movies; very thought provoking. Although I admit, once again, I havn't read the books. FMJ can be funny at times though

Didn't know that was one of his either.
    Ah yes, I couldn't agree more. FMJ, what's that a reference to?

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes, I couldn't agree more. FMJ, what's that a reference to?
    Full Metal Jacket.

This scene in particular seems to be quite famous amongst the YT community; especially those who like to make YouTube poops and other silly videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld2nWfIap2k
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Full Metal Jacket.

This scene in particular seems to be quite famous amongst the YT community; especially those who like to make YouTube poops and other silly videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld2nWfIap2k
    I've seen that too, didn't know it was Stanley.

I like the "alabama black snake" bit, that made me chuckle.

ReputationRep:
    I've seen that too, didn't know it was Stanley.

I like the "alabama black snake" bit, that made me chuckle.
    Yeah she's just like 'Nope!' at first
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Yeah she's just like 'Nope!' at first
    Her hand gestures are what got me xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    Here are all the things I have tried:

- Asking her in person - she said she's "busy" that day and didn't suggest an alternative day - so thats a no.

- Asking her over text message - she didn't reply to the part of the message where I was asking her out.

- Asking her in person again - today she just laughed and said something like "you're so funny".

WTF

I think its still down to the fact that its that time of the month and she's just being moody.

What other ways are there of asking someone out?
    Have you thought about sending her a nice hand written letter? If I was going to ask someone out that is how I would do it. As it means they have something they can keep and cherish, or they can just burn it and forget about it. It is also something different with your hand writing and shows your character.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Awesome Genius Slam a condom onto her desk as she's sitting down working, when she looks up at you, gesture to the door and jingle your car keys.

(Original post by william walker)
    Have you thought about sending her a nice hand written letter? If I was going to ask someone out that is how I would do it. As it means they have something they can keep and cherish, or they can just burn it and forget about it. It is also something different with your hand writing and shows your character.
    ^that's how it's done.

ReputationRep:
    Awesome Genius Slam a condom onto her desk as she's sitting down working, when she looks up at you, gesture to the door and jingle your car keys.

^that's how it's done.
    What my idea is how it is done?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    What my idea is how it is done?
    No, my way.

ReputationRep:
    No, my way.
    I guess. That the OP should stick to being himself then.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I guess. That the OP should stick to being himself then.
    Haha, though I will have to try this condom thing out sometime, probably during netflix and chill.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, though I will have to try this condom thing out sometime, probably during netflix and chill.
    Why am I sold old fashioned? Who the hell writes hand written letters to ask people out? I find it very annoying how I am like this. Like I have been born in the wrong time. I should have been born 1660. I mean I am currently listening to this music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSVk0uH4B84
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Why am I sold old fashioned? Who the hell writes hand written letters to ask people out? I find it very annoying how I am like this. Like I have been born in the wrong time. I should have been born 1660. I mean I am currently listening to this music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSVk0uH4B84
    I don't mind it, it just sounds a lilygay if you know what I mean.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind it, it just sounds a lilygay if you know what I mean.
    Such a shame the word gay is now misused.

ReputationRep:
    Lol she doesn't want you

ReputationRep:
    Make a moany *****y thread about it, that normally turns them on....

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 7, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.