Turn on thread page Beta

*MEGATHREAD* Interview discussion thread '15-'16 watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Have you received any interview invitations yet + where?
    University of Bristol
    16.28%
    Cardiff University
    22.09%
    University of Southampton
    8.14%
    University of Nottingham
    18.60%
    University of Birmingham
    34.88%

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've applied to Oxford, Kings, Edinburgh and Brighton-Sussex. I can't seem to find tentative interview dates for any of these schools apart from Oxford (I'm not from the UK, so would like to at least have an idea should there be a need to travel). Does anyone have any idea when these schools conduct interviews? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I know that Edinburgh at least don't conduct interviews unless under exceptional circumstances so you shouldn't expect to hear from them about interviews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nzomvwa)
    I know that Edinburgh at least don't conduct interviews unless under exceptional circumstances so you shouldn't expect to hear from them about interviews.
    Oh I see, the new college counsellor at my school told me that all of my choices did but if not then I guess one less to worry about? So do they just inform you of an offer or rejection?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timothy0398)
    Oh I see, the new college counsellor at my school told me that all of my choices did but if not then I guess one less to worry about? So do they just inform you of an offer or rejection?
    Yeah. They let the high scorers know at the end of January and the rest towards the end of March if I'm not mistaken.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've applied to Oxford, Kings, Edinburgh and Brighton-Sussex. I can't seem to find tentative interview dates for any of these schools apart from Oxford (I'm not from the UK, so would like to at least have an idea should there be a need to travel). Does anyone have any idea when these schools conduct interviews? Thanks!
    Hey! I've applied to Oxford and Kings too Kings said that interviews are from November-March but they haven't been more specific than that yet

ReputationRep:
    what are your stats?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloom77)
    Aww thanks for the reading suggestion
    Your right with MMI, I had 4 really bad stations.

I applied to Southampton, Kings and HullYork
    Only three because of my grades.
    Wbu?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice choices!
    I'm already an offer holder at Barts for 2016 entry (deferred entry).
    So if you have any questions about panel or MMI interviews, feel free to message me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misstac)
    Hey! I've applied to Oxford and Kings too Kings said that interviews are from November-March but they haven't been more specific than that yet
    Hi! Thanks, I'm really anxious to hear from them><

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ss2525)
    what are your stats?
    UKCAT was 735 band 2; BMAT isn't out yet.. Hopefully they're good enough lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nzomvwa)
    Yeah. They let the high scorers know at the end of January and the rest towards the end of March if I'm not mistaken.
    Oh I see, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    UKCAT was 735 band 2; BMAT isn't out yet.. Hopefully they're good enough lol
    what about gcses?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ss2525)
    what about gcses?
    I'm doing IB and my total predicted was 43/45

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from Cardiff yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clarinet)
    Just got an interview from St Andrews - 4th December
    Wow! Congrats

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just got an interview for Aberdeen!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madmed16)
    Just got an interview for Aberdeen!!!
    Well Done! Congrats x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rp165)
    Well Done! Congrats x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you! Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Just got an interview for Aberdeen! Going for the January date so plenty of time to prepare

ReputationRep:
    Woo just got an interview for Aberdeen!!

ReputationRep:
    ive just got an interview from aberdeen and its an mmi anyone got tips or anything to help? anyone know any good books i could buy as well? thanks for the help!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 21, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.