Turn on thread page Beta

Guys be honest, how much does it matter how a girl looks WITHOUT makeup? watch

ReputationRep:
    Smoking is a huge turn off OP, I can't tell you the amount of times I've seen a pretty girl and completely written her off when she pulls out a cigarette.

ReputationRep:
    I think natural beauty is pretty important so it does matter how girls look without make-up, but then again natural beauty is probably something you're born with or without.
    So I think the main thing is probably making an effort and whether that means you want lots of make-up to feel good or keep it minimalistic that's cool whatever you feel most comfortable in

(Original post by Elm Tree)
    Smoking is a huge turn off OP, I can't tell you the amount of times I've seen a pretty girl and completely written her off when she pulls out a cigarette.
    Why?

Guys mostly find it hot

ReputationRep:
    So what if they smoke? Could have been a bad decision they made once and is something that can be turned around. Why would you write a girl off if they pull out a cigarette? Would you write a girl off for having a burger too? Just seems idiotic, you could ignore your potential soulmate because of something so trivial

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Why would I ask for the reasoning my op is about how many guys care
    Well whenever I give my opinion on a thread like this I always get asked my reasoning. Just thought I would save you the time of asking.

(Original post by delta-T)
    I think natural beauty is pretty important so it does matter how girls look without make-up, but then again natural beauty is probably something you're born with or without.
    So I think the main thing is probably making an effort and whether that means you want lots of make-up to feel good or keep it minimalistic that's cool whatever you feel most comfortable in
    So by minimalistic you still expect minimal makeup?

ReputationRep:
    Why?

Guys mostly find it hot
    If you think most guys find smoking hot you need to rethink. Start a Poll and you will see.

(Original post by NathanDYEL)
    If you think most guys find smoking hot you need to rethink. Start a Poll and you will see.
    Most of the guys I know (I hang out with hipsters/alt boys) do

ReputationRep:
    Most of the guys I know (I hang out with hipsters/alt boys) do
    Well that's not most guys then is it.

(Original post by NathanDYEL)
    Well that's not most guys then is it.
    It could be most of the guys IRL too

or most of the guys I'm interested in. Hipster/alt boys are the norm these days

ReputationRep:
    Why?

Guys mostly find it hot
    No, we do not.

Because it's a nasty habit imo

ReputationRep:
    It could be most of the guys IRL too

or most of the guys I'm interested in. Hipster/alt boys are the norm these days
    I guarantee that the majority of the male population does not find smoking a turn on. Just make a POLL and you will see.

ReputationRep:
    So by minimalistic you still expect minimal makeup?
    Yeah but it depends on you're skin - if it's good and you manage to avoid acne etc. then use less. I personally don't like it when girls use loads of make up

ReputationRep:
    Smoking is sexy.
    Reevaluation required...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Nah smoking is actually a ting. Girl needs to be edgy or hot or ideally both tho.

ReputationRep:
    has anyone heard of #takeherswimming ?

(Original post by howtobealady)
    has anyone heard of #takeherswimming ?
    Nathan got there before you :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Why?

Guys mostly find it hot
    Then you're in with the wrong guys

(Original post by Alexion)
    Then you're in with the wrong guys
    Not really I hang around alternative and hipster guys its just a culture thing #diversity

ReputationRep:
    Not really I hang around alternative and hipster guys its just a culture thing #diversity
    Anyone who sees smoking as anything other than a health problem is not anyone I want to know. jmo

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2015
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.