Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you think David Cameron will get significant EU reforms? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jm1984)
    David Cameron is a pretty awful leader, but he is actually brilliant at PR and the media like him as he keeps them rich and allows them to persecute disadvantaged groups.

In answer, no I don't think he will get significant reform, but I think few people will realise this as the small reform points he gets, some of which are already in motion will be made out to be a resounding victory.

I'm not specifically anti-tory, but I do not support the way this government has outright lied to its voters, they consistently say they are doing one thing whilst doing the exact opposite. I just don't understand why no one is talking about this.
    Because everything was just fine under Labour

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elliot_97)
    Because everything was just fine under Labour

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What? No of course it wasn't. But I don't think there were as many cases of outright lying. "we are the greenest government ever" - cuts green subsidies immediately; "we're going to make sure big business pays its way" - cuts corporation tax; "we're the party of the working people" - poorer working families would be worse off than any other group if tax cuts had gone through; "I promise not to cut tax credits" - tries to cut tax credits.

The list goes on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jm1984)
    What? No of course it wasn't. But I don't think there were as many cases of outright lying. "we are the greenest government ever" - cuts green subsidies immediately; "we're going to make sure big business pays its way" - cuts corporation tax; "we're the party of the working people" - poorer working families would be worse off than any other group if tax cuts had gone through; "I promise not to cut tax credits" - tries to cut tax credits.

The list goes on.
    I know haha. Sorry I was only joking. Labour and Tories as bad as each other. Though currently, I would rather have Cameron as PM as oppose to Corbyn, whose days are numbered as leader I think. Can't see Corbyn still there during the 2020 election campaign. Either that or Labour will have split by then. Who can predict what will happen?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.