Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justmoll28)
    mate, i didnt trace?
    Of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    Of course.
    you actually still care about this enough to keep commenting back, i drew it by eye with a printed off photo for reference if you must know, jealousy is natural but being harsh to the people you're jealous of is just bad for you, just saying

ReputationRep:
    you actually still care about this enough to keep commenting back, i drew it by eye with a printed off photo for reference if you must know, jealousy is natural but being harsh to the people you're jealous of is just bad for you, just saying
    Hey now, I'm not jealous, I just don't like attention seekers.

It's not that it's 'too good' to be hand drawn using a tablet for the first time, it's just that from what I can see, thing's don't add up, the line work is incredibly crude, where as the proportions of the picture/ where the light is in the glass seem very accurate.

Someone who can recreate accurate proportions, by eye, would undoubtedly have better linework skills, tracing gives anyone the perfect proportions.

Those are my reasons for saying what I said, if I'm wrong, oh well, sorry I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawbAri)
    Strawberries and kiwis

RainbowKiwi
    Good combo :ahee: Even in op's drawing we make a great team :lol:

ReputationRep:
    this is a drawing i did with my wacom tablet i got yesterday, any opinions/advice on how to get better?

Attachment 475825
    Good image could be more vibrant as your colours seems to seem kinda grayscaley if you understand what I mean.

ReputationRep:
    Hey now, I'm not jealous, I just don't like attention seekers.

It's not that it's 'too good' to be hand drawn using a tablet for the first time, it's just that from what I can see, thing's don't add up, the line work is incredibly crude, where as the proportions of the picture/ where the light is in the glass seem very accurate.

Someone who can recreate accurate proportions, by eye, would undoubtedly have better linework skills, tracing gives anyone the perfect proportions.

Those are my reasons for saying what I said, if I'm wrong, oh well, sorry I guess.
    i was getting used to the tablet i bought literally the day before, i was just experimenting with the lifework and quite frankly i like the sketchy look and i was drawing with a reference image so it was quite easy to get the lighting on the glass in the correct position in relation to the rest of the image. I genuinely aren't an attention seeker, i literally posted this to get constructive feedback so i get get better in my field of work so i would appreciate not getting 'she traced it' as a response, maybe something that i could actually work with, would you like it if someone commented like that on your first attempt with a new media they have never tried before? ****..

ReputationRep:
    i was getting used to the tablet i bought literally the day before, i was just experimenting with the lifework and quite frankly i like the sketchy look and i was drawing with a reference image so it was quite easy to get the lighting on the glass in the correct position in relation to the rest of the image. I genuinely aren't an attention seeker, i literally posted this to get constructive feedback so i get get better in my field of work so i would appreciate not getting 'she traced it' as a response, maybe something that i could actually work with, would you like it if someone commented like that on your first attempt with a new media they have never tried before? ****..
    I wouldn't care.

Spoiler:
    Show
    That 'style' isn't appealing at all.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't care.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    That 'style' isn't appealing at all.
    nobody cares jesus why are you still replying hahah ****ing hell

ReputationRep:
    nobody cares jesus why are you still replying hahah ****ing hell
    Ooooh seems like your a bit upset.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.