Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

MATHS GCSE Resit November watch

• View Poll Results: how well did u did in the Higher Tier maths resits (both)
    30%
    11.76%
    50%
    11.76%
    60%
    23.53%
    80%
    23.53%
    90%
    5.88%
    100%
    23.53%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milen123)
    i said summer has a higher median and interqualrtile range is that still right?
    YEAH!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victorialep)
    Do you think I'd still get marks for saying the median was bigger and the IQR was 80 more during summer?
    I think if u made it clear for which one, so u said summer had bigger for both, u would get them

ReputationRep:
    fatima add me on whatsapp? private message me

ReputationRep:
    did anyone get 76minutes for the average time for the hopital question and for the percentage decrease did u guys get 11%?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    yes i did.... i am just saying this overall
    Oh,sorry! I didn't realise. Did u get it took 49 mins for that fuel question?

ReputationRep:
    what did people get for the hopsital question please answer

ReputationRep:
    Stop posting answers, people who have not taken the exams yet will see this thus increasing the grade boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't too keen on the non calculator Edexcel foundation paper - preferred the calculator paper this time round compared to the summer exams

ReputationRep:
    Everyone, the final question on the calc paper did we have to apply the sine rule? I'd be happy to get a few marks for it, tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welshstig)
    Stop posting answers, people who have not taken the exams yet will see this thus increasing the grade boundaries.
    Embargo is over at midnight I believe, thus voiding the need to not discuss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hassanh)
    Everyone, the final question on the calc paper did we have to apply the sine rule? I'd be happy to get a few marks for it, tbh
    The final Q was probability? The second to last Q was that not cosine?

ReputationRep:
    The last was probability? What was the question?? Did i miss it? 😦 N it was a weird one, i thought for cosine u would need an angle and 2 sides on it
    The final Q was probability? The second to last Q was that not cosine?

ReputationRep:
    who got 507/870 for the probabality and 5cm for the length of the second last question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hassanh)
    The last was probability? What was the question?? Did i miss it? 😦 N it was a weird one, i thought for cosine u would need an angle and 2 sides on it
    Something about fingers and cakes, it was on the very back page, I missed it until I had 3 minutes left then I had to answer it so quickly so I hopefully got method marks. Ah yes it was sine, sorry I'm getting confused between past papers. Did you get somewhere around 10?

ReputationRep:
    Something about fingers and cakes, it was on the very back page, I missed it until I had 3 minutes left then I had to answer it so quickly so I hopefully got method marks. Ah yes it was sine, sorry I'm getting confused between past papers. Did you get somewhere around 10?
    Ah, gutted I didn't see it! And well it was confusing I got 5 something n just left it at that. Thought method marks is what i want

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I got 7 mins and 12%. 7 because you had to do 0.88×68=60.52 then round to nearest min=61 n ten 68-61=7. N 12% was just closest to 60 mins i found
    did anyone get 76minutes for the average time for the hopital question and for the percentage decrease did u guys get 11%?

ReputationRep:
    Embargo is over at midnight I believe, thus voiding the need to not discuss
    Are you sure? I thought some countries take the exam around 12 hours ahead of us due to time zones.

Edit: Oh nvm, I'm being a tad bit stupid aha.

ReputationRep:
    who got 507/870 for the probabality and 5cm for the length of the second last question?
    I got 5 something for second last

ReputationRep:
    are u sure ur correct?

ReputationRep:
    but hassan it didn;t ask for the difference in average time between 2015 and 2014 so aren't u wrong?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 7, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.