x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you really love posting on TSR? Fancy joining the team? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittiara)
    You don't have to have a squeaky clean record. Depends on just how naughty you have been. I don't know the exact criteria, but the CT knows that everyone can slip up from time to time.

Of course, if and when someone becomes a Support Team member, they are meant to keep themselves out of trouble.
    Hi, thank you for replying and clarifying things. I'm obviously not going to divulge my entire warning history on the open forums (as that's not allowed) but I wouldn't say I've been listed as a "troublemaker", just having the occasional slip-up.

I know that ST's are meant to keep out of trouble, as they are the ones setting the examples of what is and what isn't allowed around here :yep:

I'll probably have to get clarification via AtCT to see if they'd allow me or not...
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    I have three yellow cards that expire within a few days of each other in early December and a red one that expires in January and a couple of posting tips. Does this mean I've been too naughty, mummy? :ahee:
    That does sound a bit naughty, young man! :shakecane: Honestly, though, it's down to the CT. They'll be looking at that sort of stuff, and what it was for etc.

I always figure, it's worth applying if you're really interested in a role. Explain why you are applying, any ideas you have for the section, what makes you a good candidate, and so on. And if you don't get selected, try again next round, if the interest is still there. In which case, if your record stood in the way of selection, it might help to take the rules into account in the meanwhile.

ReputationRep:
    That, or don't be on the ST. I personally feel that a lot of my warnings/cards were unjustified but hey-ho. What're you gonna do.
    I don't really post in heated debates as I know they can be trouble areas.

Chances are, if you were a ST member, and your area covered the debates section, you'd still have to look through the debates in case any post broke a TSR guideline.

If your posting tips/reminders/warnings etc were unjustified, then making a thread in AtCT would lead to a solution.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by spotify95)
    Hi, thank you for replying and clarifying things. I'm obviously not going to divulge my entire warning history on the open forums (as that's not allowed) but I wouldn't say I've been listed as a "troublemaker", just having the occasional slip-up.

I know that ST's are meant to keep out of trouble, as they are the ones setting the examples of what is and what isn't allowed around here :yep:

I'll probably have to get clarification via AtCT to see if they'd allow me or not...
    The occasional slip-up happens. As you said, this is not the place to discuss a warning record, but if there is no real serious stuff on there, it's always worth a shot.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    That does sound a bit naughty, young man! :shakecane: Honestly, though, it's down to the CT. They'll be looking at that sort of stuff, and what it was for etc.

I always figure, it's worth applying if you're really interested in a role. Explain why you are applying, any ideas you have for the section, what makes you a good candidate, and so on. And if you don't get selected, try again next round, if the interest is still there. In which case, if your record stood in the way of selection, it might help to take the rules into account in the meanwhile.
    this is where i might have an issue, i have 3 posting tio things that never expire for using text language also idk if i am proffessional enough bc i think i spread the cavy love too much to be proffesional :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I have three yellow cards that expire within a few days of each other in early December and a red one that expires in January and a couple of posting tips. Does this mean I've been too naughty, mummy? :ahee:
    You'd probably have to ask the CT and see what they say - as Kittiara said, it'd probably depend on what they were for.

Luckily, said cards do expire, so if the CT didn't accept you to join the ST now, then you could wait a while, and so long as you don't end up getting any more cards, you'll probably be in a better position to apply. But again, it's up to the CT, not me.

ReputationRep:
    The occasional slip-up happens. As you said, this is not the place to discuss a warning record, but if there is no real serious stuff on there, it's always worth a shot.
    Thanks, in which case I should be ok. I haven't had anything more serious than a reminder for ages, so as you said no serious stuff.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    this is where i might have an issue, i have 3 posting tio things that never expire for using text language also idk if i am proffessional enough bc i think i spread the cavy love too much to be proffesional :sad:
    Aw. Posting tips aren't even warnings, so please don't worry about that. And as far as I have seen, you're kind and helpful and cheerful and well-respected around the site. Again, I am not the CT, so I cannot say who will be accepted and who won't, and for what reasons, but I am not exactly Miss Professional, and they accepted me!

ReputationRep:
    Posting tips are very minor, I think you should be fine. If in doubt, ask the CT and they'll get back to you.

Bad Cavy! Cavy no good. Guy with three yellow cards and one red card judges you! :lol:

(I kid. )
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Aw. Posting tips aren't even warnings, so please don't worry about that. And as far as I have seen, you're kind and helpful and cheerful and well-respected around the site. Again, I am not the CT, so I cannot say who will be accepted and who won't, and for what reasons, but I am not exactly Miss Professional, and they accepted me!
    (Original post by spotify95)
    Posting tips are very minor, I think you should be fine. If in doubt, ask the CT and they'll get back to you.
    thanks guys, i feel better now

Bad Cavy! Cavy no good. Guy with three yellow cards and one red card judges you! :lol:

(I kid. )
    you genuinly had me worried there :afraid: but then i read the bold bit
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    As Kittiara has said, posting tips are fine. Only time when they are a bit negative is when someone's been given a posting tip for the same thing a few times but ignore it (although usually a proper card would be issued in those cases).

Do I need to have a clean community record/am I obligated to stick to the rules more stringently? :lol:
    Nope, but ST members are expected to stick to the rules. I was given a few alerts (a bit of an infraction before cards were introduced) for some of my posts before I was modded up and there have been a few current/ex-mods and even ex-SL's who've even been banned a few times but then changed.

It's usually done on a case by case basis, but community record is something that's looked into to see if there are any significant issues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Queen Cersei)
    Haha this is because it is made up on the Life forums rather than education but you should definitely take a peek in some of these forums, you will never turn back!
    You don't get reps there.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I think quite a few of us have been given warnings. Of course, if you're close to being banned or get a lot of warnings, you won't be considered. But you won' be expected to have a squeaky clean record.

ReputationRep:
    So who wants to join the cool H&I team then :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm,this seems interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    So who wants to join the cool H&I team then :cool:
    I take it that's Hobbies and Interests?

I sometimes post in there, but it'd be better off if someone who posts there a lot joined the ST... I only really post in TSR Community/Chat nowadays.

I think I need to start posting in other sections!
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    why did you block me in the first place? i'm not apologising bc in the thread i said clearly that i was only there to see catwithnohat not to be blocked and you replied 'too late'.

tbh idc either way if you block me or not
    My strong and clearly independent guinea pig. :ahee:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    My strong and clearly independent guinea pig. :ahee:
    :rofl: indeed
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'm going to give it a shot

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.