Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When are the games actually played/ BBC website unsurprisingly says sweet fa about that. Looking to go to the Arsenal away game as well, but wouldn't mind a trip to MK Dons. Just to laugh at their empty upper tier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    When are the games actually played/ BBC website unsurprisingly says sweet fa about that. Looking to go to the Arsenal away game as well, but wouldn't mind a trip to MK Dons. Just to laugh at their empty upper tier.
    Regards MK Dons, you might as well laugh at the entire stadium being empty as they have no fans to fill it, however it does have comfy seats though lol
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Derby away. That's us out then

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have to say there's not really many ties jumping out from that draw. Doesn't help that the vast majority of ties are awaiting a replay first. Would be a nightmare picking the televised games out of that lot.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by scriggy)
    Have to say there's not really many ties jumping out from that draw. Doesn't help that the vast majority of ties are awaiting a replay first. Would be a nightmare picking the televised games out of that lot.
    Picking TV is easy, it's always lower league team away to big team or big team vs big team. I'll be stunned if the following games aren't on TV

Colchester vs Spurs/Leicester
    Northampton/MK vs Chelsea
    Derby vs Man Utd
    Carlisle/Yeovil vs Everton
    Wycombe/Villa vs man City

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Picking TV is easy, it's always lower league team away to big team or big team vs big team. I'll be stunned if the following games aren't on TV

Derby vs Man Utd

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Liverpool/Exeter v West Ham? Continuing the Oxford story with their match. Potential dressed up rivalry of Portsmouth v Bournemouth, and what if (big if) Eastleigh make it through. Would be tragic airing Villa v City if Eastleigh v Leeds was a tie.

I'd probably go with your 5 tbf but I wouldn't want to be the one making that decision.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Liverpool/Exeter v West Ham? Continuing the Oxford story with their match. Potential dressed up rivalry of Portsmouth v Bournemouth, and what if (big if) Eastleigh make it through. Would be tragic airing Villa v City if Eastleigh v Leeds was a tie.

I'd probably go with your 5 tbf but I wouldn't want to be the one making that decision.
    Problem is they announce before the replays do they not? So they'd probably not want to gamble on Eastleigh with the serious risk of Bolton vs Leeds being the result.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by sr90)

Derby vs Man Utd

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Problem is they announce before the replays do they not? So they'd probably not want to gamble on Eastleigh with the serious risk of Bolton vs Leeds being the result.
    No way Liverpool vs. West Ham isn't being shown, if that is the tie. Two of the biggest fanbases in the country who will make whichever station broadcasting it the majority viewership holder.

ReputationRep:
    Do the BBC even care about prem vs prem? All they care about is if a lower league side can beat a prem/champ side.

ReputationRep:
    I think the BBC care more for the "magic of the cup" and all that. Reckon they'd be more likely to go for a Carlisle v Everton than a Liverpool v West Ham. The Hammers game seems more of a BT tie so they can twist more peoples arms into signing up for their services.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

It's all about either cup upsets or viewing figures. Let's be honest nobody would watch Blackburn v Oxford. Eastleigh will 100% get shown if they qualify though yeh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I think the BBC care more for the "magic of the cup" and all that. Reckon they'd be more likely to go for a Carlisle v Everton than a Liverpool v West Ham. The Hammers game seems more of a BT tie so they can twist more peoples arms into signing up for their services.
    They may go for Carlisle, given the uniqueness of this season and the situation of Brunton Park given the flooding in Cumbria.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Blackburn are beating Newport 2-1 however Blackburn are down to 10 men after Chris Brown got sent off for violent conduct.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Rhodes needs to be playing for a bottom-half PL side.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Must admit I loved the irony of Chris Brown sent off for violent conduct.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Must admit I loved the irony of Chris Brown sent off for violent conduct.
    10/10.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Tonight's replays

Aston Villa V Wycombe
    Bradford V Bury
    Bristol City V West Brom
    MK Dons V Northampton
    Portsmouth V Ipswich
    Yeovil V Carlisle
    Bolton V Eastleigh
    Reading V Huddersfield

ReputationRep:
    No cup fairytale for Eastleigh or Wycombe tonight.

Carlisle United become the first lower-league side (since how many years) to face both Liverpool and Everton in separate cup competitions
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Big shock that Villa won by two clear goals at home, but a big well done to Portsmouth knocking out Ipswich tonight.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Portsmouth seemed deserving of their win - and there were a couple of really good goals at Fratton Park.

Eastleigh put in a tremendous effort against Bolton, but the Championship side scored three good goals of varying skills - Pratley's was a lovely team move, Moxey curled the second in exquisitely and Madine showed composure for the first - to progress.

Tonight sees:

Liverpool v Exeter City
    Leicester City v Tottenham

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.