Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    I've known more asian parents do it (and/or threaten it) than white parents, tbf.

Always about minor things too; 90% of the time it's cos of a white bf/gf.
    Asian parents threaten to do it, but they never actually do it
    AND if they do it then do it on serious topics. Kicking your son out beccause he is paying rent? No way

Maa Ka Pyar is something that we Desi can enjoy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    I will hold you to it

P.S she would of jumped in the car by now, sigh. *opens brochure for cars*
    This whole Erasmus thing is a right pain

ReputationRep:
    The OP sounds like a fantasist and yet people are taking time out to be his financial advisor and concerned parent.
    Must be a slow day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    You claim you earn £60k and you're whinging about having to pay £480 a month?
    He says he has a massive salary on here, have a 60k car (M series BMW)...
    then he feels "numb" when he has to pay a trivial amount in rent per month.

If he were my son I would be ashamed I brought him up to be so spoilt.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by i<3milkshake)
    He says he has a massive salary on here, have a 60k car (M series BMW)...
    then he feels "numb" when he has to pay a trivial amount in rent per month.

If he were my son I would be ashamed I brought him up to be so spoilt.
    I remember a cousin of mine moaning last year about having to pay rent to his parents. His parents rent their house which is £480 per month and his parents wanted £50 a week from him and £50 a week from his girlfriend; so £400 a month. He somehow thought this meant he was covering everyone elses share. It was pointed out to him that there were bills to be paid too. He's gone rather quiet since.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    You parents bought you a 100k car lmao so shh.
    Yeah but it was a gift from them and I didn't consider it to be my birthright

ReputationRep:
    I remember a cousin of mine moaning last year about having to pay rent to his parents. His parents rent their house which is £480 per month and his parents wanted £50 a week from him and £50 a week from his girlfriend; so £400 a month. He somehow thought this meant he was covering everyone elses share. It was pointed out to him that there were bills to be paid too. He's gone rather quiet since.
    To be fair if you are earning £50 a week per person all inclusive is awesome.
    Some people are just spoilt and have no idea how to budget or live a normal life; being made to pay rent should hopefully be a good wake up call for them.

(Original post by MsFahima)
    Who the hell spends £200 on clothes every month? Dude, get a grip.
    Why does he spend so much on clothes? He does know he can wash them and wear them again right? Or without mummy can he not wash his clothes or something? That is the only way to regularly get up to £200 a month on clothes.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    To be fair if you are earning £50 a week per person all inclusive is awesome.
    Some people are just spoilt and have no idea how to budget or live a normal life; being made to pay rent should hopefully be a good wake up call for them.
    He got his girlfriend pregnant whilst living with his parents and they got thrown out, I seem to remember.

ReputationRep:
    Last month,

Income stream 1 = £2650
    Income stream 2 = £850

Total 3500

Outgoings (potential from next month)

Car 600
    Rent 500
    Clothes 200
    Transport & Fuel 600
    Food 600
    Bills 200

= £2700 ish

I'd have only £800 left after all essential expenses.

That is not even enough to buy an iPhone.
    You've got £800 left over each month to play with! Stop complaining. It is perfectly reasonable for your parents to expect you to pay rent.

How do spend £600 a month on food?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My parents visited me at my flat this morning. They were in a bad mood - or at least my mum was. They started having a go at me about my spending and stuff.

They made some ludicrous point about how I am earning so I should be paying rent even though we agreed I was keeping their flat safe for them.

And then the unthinkable happened - they effectively kicked me out of the house. They are demanding that I pay £480 a month to live in their flat.

Just don't know what to think right now, feeling kinda numb.
    You supposedly have got a car worth around 60k-an M4 BMW.
    You spend £200 a month on clothes. Surely an "awesome genius" like you can work out why they may have a problem with you spending and not paying any rent?

Yeah, a "ludicrous point" to expect you to pay them rent. I mean you obviously are struggling so much.

"Feeling numb"? Newsflash, living in a flat rent free to "keep it safe for them" is not exactly doing them a favour like you make it sound. They could rent it out and get a couple of grand a year and still have someone do that.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh you sound a bit immature. You have a BMW, spend £200 a month on clothes and have the audacity to barter with your parents.

Get your priorities straight. IF after your NEEDS you are struggling, then maybe i could sympathise.

And wtf are you eating, 600 a month on food? You must eat out a lot.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I'm clearly dong something wrong here. I don't pay any rent; but pay some £156 council tax per year. I receive just over £250 a week and after all bills (including food) are paid, tend to have a fair amount left over. Ok, I don't drive; but still.

Many peoples wages after tax and NI are just over £800 a month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2710)
    Tbh you sound a bit immature. You have a BMW, spend £200 a month on clothes and have the audacity to barter with your parents.

Get your priorities straight. IF after your NEEDS you are struggling, then maybe i could sympathise.

And wtf are you eating, 600 a month on food? You must eat out a lot.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I spend around £200 a month on food. God knows what this guy must be eating. I mean even if he adds £25 a week extra for eating out this figure would still only be £300 a month, half of his.

Just a classic case of someone who doesn't know how to budget or live frugally. No point being on a high salary if you literally spend as much on food as some do on their rent/mortgage.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I spend around £200 a month on food. God knows what this guy must be eating. I mean even if he adds £25 a week extra for eating out this figure would still only be £300 a month, half of his.

Just a classic case of someone who doesn't know how to budget or live frugally. No point being on a high salary if you literally spend as much on food as some do on their rent/mortgage.
    I sometimes spent £200 a month on food if I want takeaway or stock up on coffee. But that's rare. It's usually never more than £125-£150.

ReputationRep:
    I sometimes spent £200 a month on food if I want takeaway or stock up on coffee. But that's rare. It's usually never more than £125-£150.
    For me £160 a month is average. I was trying to be lenient with £200 to give the benefit of the doubt. And even then that is including all the stuff you can get from supermarkets (so toiletries, etc).

ReputationRep:
    Funny thing is a flash car is more likely to get girls than a paid off flat

Welcome to 2015!
    (Original post by abruiseonthesky)
    Not for me
    Well i have a paid off house and a normal car are you available for a date some time next week?
    (Original post by abruiseonthesky)
    Hey if I weren't in Germany why not
    Still a better love story than Twilight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrAwesomeGenius)
    Stop crying now Awesome. Your mother has gone to get the soap. You really must stop climbing into your sister's Wendy house and playing with her dolls, you've gone and got yourself wedged in the window.

We've told you before, we are a respectable family. You need to stop playing with girl's toys, it will give you wrong ideas. I'm going to buy you some more toy soldiers, we want to make a man out of you.
    Loooooooooooooooooooooooooool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RiotGirll)
    It stunis me how TSR, full of so many smart people, repeatedly feeds this troll (srs)
    Ikr hes the most successful troll on here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trevormacdonald)
    Ikr hes the most successful troll on here!
    I'm actually amazed how many people get rolled by this constant frauding :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    My parents visited me at my flat this morning. They were in a bad mood - or at least my mum was. They started having a go at me about my spending and stuff.

They made some ludicrous point about how I am earning so I should be paying rent even though we agreed I was keeping their flat safe for them.

And then the unthinkable happened - they effectively kicked me out of the house. They are demanding that I pay £480 a month to live in their flat.

Just don't know what to think right now, feeling kinda numb.
    Unfortabtely mate that really is life giving you a kick up the arse into the real world :/

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.