West Ham
    2.50%
    Other
    1.67%
    Chelsea will still make it
    17.50%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by david_94)
    Loool I live in Leicester, no-one in this city thinks we're getting top 4. Please, look at Liverpool, Sturridge will be out for most of the season and on a ridiculous wage I might add, Benteke is on par with Lukaku I'd say, and apart from that they have no forward line. Coutinho might score a few screamers, but at most he's half the player Eriksen is, and might get 10 goals this season. Firmino, looks bang average. Their defence and keeper is a joke, but let's compare.

Mignolet or Lloris? Lloris hands down.
    Walker or Clyne? 6/10 times Clyne, less experience than Walker, but more consistent in the last season.
    Skertel or Alderwerireld? Alderweireld, makes way less mistakes, all around more solid, and more consistent.
    Sakho/Lovren or Vertonghen? Vertonghen, much more composed on the ball, makes way less mistakes again, more consistent.
    Moreno or Rose? Rose again, he had a fantastic season this season, and already has 3 assists in only 5 appearances in all comps.

Milner or Dembele? Dembele all day, 3 goals in his last 4 appearances, bullied Arsenal, no further explanation needed.
    Henderson or Dier? Dier has been a rock in CDM, but Henderson, simply on the past few seasons overall.
    Coutinho or Eriksen? You take away the odd tap in and screamer, and what does coutinho actually do? Massively overrated, so I'd say Eriksen, who is the best free-kick taker in the league,and has ran rings around United, Arsenal, Liverpool and City. Not scored some chance screamer against Stoke.
    Lallana or Alli? They are tied in all fairness, but Delle Alli is near 10 years younger, and shows much more promise.
    Firmino or Lamela? Lamela has been good this season, an amazing work-rate, scored against city and notched 7 assists last season in addition to a beautiful rabona, and whilst Firmino hasn't exactly lit up Anfield, he still has plenty of time to progress, so I'd say tie.

Benteke or Kane? Lol, Benteke isn't fit to lace Kane's boots.

You can dispute that if you've actually bothered to read it, but how you can say Liverpool are as good a team as Tottenham is as much a joke as it is an insult.
    So far in the league:
    Kane has 6 goals and 1 assist
    Benteke has 4 goals and 1 assist (and has been injured)

Coutinho has 4 goals and 2 assists
    Eriksen has 2 goals and 3 assists.

Coutinho not doing bad for someone who is overrated, he has been **** lately though but still contributing to goals (more than Eriksen ) and a couple of assists.

ReputationRep:
    Lool Sakho looks like the Smalling of 2 years ago, he's ****, just like Liverpool's defence, and Liverpool got dominated by Arsenal and should have lost, we dominated Arsenal and should have won, and if you compare those two games the difference in quality is undeniable
    You couldn't even ****ing beat a half strength Liverpool side who only just got a new manager at White Heart Lane xD.

But srs, I do rate Tottenham and would rather they get top 4 if it isn't Liverpool but take out Kane and Eriksen and they look average tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    So far in the league:
    Kane has 6 goals and 1 assist
    Benteke has 4 goals and 1 assist (and has been injured)

Coutinho has 4 goals and 2 assists
    Eriksen has 2 goals and 3 assists.

Coutinho not doing bad for someone who is overrated, he has been **** lately though but still contributing to goals (more than Eriksen ) and a couple of assists.
    Kane was having a goal drought for the first two months, and Benteke was injured for what, 1 or 2 games? And last season Benteke scored 15 goals in all comps, Kane scored 31.

Yes, but this is early in the season, and Eriksen's gameplay has been better, and really all those stats show is Coutinho in terms of stats, is on par with Eriksen. Last season Coutinho scored 5 league goals in 35 appearances, Eriksen scored 10 in 38. The season before Coutinho 5 goals in all comps, Eriksen had 10, and yet Coutinho has more PL experience, and is constantly referred to as World Class, he's no-where near, he's just a good player on his day, like Herrera.

ReputationRep:
    You couldn't even ****ing beat a half strength Liverpool side who only just got a new manager at White Heart Lane xD.

But srs, I do rate Tottenham and would rather they get top 4 if it isn't Liverpool but take out Kane and Eriksen and they look average tbh.
    Lloris, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Dembele, Lamela, Chadli, Alli, average players? Compared to the likes of Mignolet, Sakho, Skertel, Milner, Ibe, Firmino, you are joking right? I've seen more talented teams in the Switz league, like that team that finished 6th in the Switz league FC Sion, who you failed to beat.

Liverpool lacks spine, character, all your team do is press and hope that teams make a mistake. The only person missing from your team that day was Benteke, we had way more injuries to key players such as Son and Chadli, (btw Chadli scored 11 goals in the Pl last season, more than Benteke without penalties).

Liverpool are a mid-table team, Klopp isn't going to be able change that for atleast a year or two, but in the meantime I sure that you will show plenty of character..

ReputationRep:
    Lloris, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Dembele, Lamela, Chadli, Alli, average players? Compared to the likes of Mignolet, Sakho, Skertel, Milner, Ibe, Firmino, you are joking right? I've seen more talented teams in the Switz league, like that team that finished 6th in the Switz league FC Sion, who you failed to beat.

Liverpool lacks spine, character, all your team do is press and hope that teams make a mistake. The only person missing from your team that day was Benteke, we had way more injuries to key players such as Son and Chadli, (btw Chadli scored 11 goals in the Pl last season, more than Benteke without penalties).

Liverpool are a mid-table team, Klopp isn't going to be able change that for atleast a year or two, but in the meantime I sure that you will show plenty of character..
    Sturridge, Henderson and Ings were also missing. You pretty much had an almost full strength XI with Chadli injured.

Your team was bailed out by Kane and Eriksen last season, think everyone here agrees. You finished only 2 points ahead of us last season, if we are a midtable club surely that also makes you midtable too? We did the double over you last season too (including a 4 goal trashing in your back garden )

ReputationRep:
    Kane was having a goal drought for the first two months, and Benteke was injured for what, 1 or 2 games? And last season Benteke scored 15 goals in all comps, Kane scored 31.

Yes, but this is early in the season, and Eriksen's gameplay has been better, and really all those stats show is Coutinho in terms of stats, is on par with Eriksen. Last season Coutinho scored 5 league goals in 35 appearances, Eriksen scored 10 in 38. The season before Coutinho 5 goals in all comps, Eriksen had 10, and yet Coutinho has more PL experience, and is constantly referred to as World Class, he's no-where near, he's just a good player on his day, like Herrera.
    Bold bit is a terrible argument and excuse. Last season was just one season where as Benteke has proven himself in the for PL multiple seasons, lets see how Kane does this season (hope he does well though, like the guy)

I do rate Eriksen a bit above Coutinho tbh and yh Coutinho is overrated by some Liverpool fans, he is talented but he is just inconsistent and lacks end product (which is starting to improve this season). As you said, it is early in the season but it didn't stop you from using this what has happened this season so far yourself. Eriksen's freekicks are boss though.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Diego Costa)
    Okazaki has scored ONE goal for you.
    Did you not actually bother to read the part where I said he's currently being played to create for Vardy? He's a good goalscorer, but his role in this side isn't to score at the moment. Still more than capable of stepping up to the plate.

Ulloa went six months of last season without scoring. It's safe to say he's not really a reliable option.
    Well it isn't, given the longest goalless spell he had was 2 and half months, during the time where he was benched in favour of Kramaric and got at most 10-15 minutes here and there. Over the season he had a 1 in 3 strike rate, which is perfectly adequate.

Dyer and Schlupp aren't in Mahrez's class.
    Dyer is a more than competent replacement and Swansea letting him go, even on loan, has to go down as mad on their part, and Schlupp is... well, he's powerful, quick, direct and has a pretty good ball on him. The only downside is he's a bit simple (Him trying to sub himself while cambiasso chased after him trying to get him to stop because West Ham took off their number 15 is still the funniest thing I've seen at the football) and very erratic.

Admittedly, I haven't seen much of Kramaric, but there's no guarantee he can join the side and score lots of goals. Particularly as there are many examples of players in sh*t leagues failing to make the step up e.g. Van Wolfswinkel. I don't take much stock in the qualifying round of the Wafer Cup, either.
    Eh, he stepped up fine and scored a couple last season when we bothered to attack. His gpg stat isn't great because for the most part of his spell he was played as a lone striker with no support from midfield, but when we attacked he looked perfectly capable.

The point is relying on two players outscoring teams isn't a sustainable strategy for a top 4 finish. If Vardy and Mahrez stay fit and on form, great. But it's a massive risk.

And we're not relying on two players - they're scoring at the moment but we've got competent replacements and goals in the rest of the squad; across all competitions we have 11 unique scorers this season, only Manchester city and chelsea in the top flight have more.

Benteke or Kane? Lol, Benteke isn't fit to lace Kane's boots.
    What a load of rubbish. Benteke has scored plenty where ever he's gone, Kane has had 3 good months in his entire career so far.

ReputationRep:
    What a load of rubbish. Benteke has scored plenty where ever he's gone, Kane has had 3 good months in his entire career so far.[/QUOTE]

You're the only one talking rubbish 'good 3 months' he's had a good season and a half, considering Kane only broke into the Tottenham team last November, in his last 3 seasons combined at Tottenham, he has scored 42 goals in all competitions (which is really 2 seasons, considering he only started playing under Sherwood, and we are close but not yet half way through the season) Compare that with Benteke, who in his last 3 seasons playing regular football, he has scored 30 goals in all competitions. That's 12 goals more for Kane, who has less experience, is younger, and has way more potential than Benteke. So stop talking out your arse

ReputationRep:
    Sturridge, Henderson and Ings were also missing. You pretty much had an almost full strength XI with Chadli injured.

Your team was bailed out by Kane and Eriksen last season, think everyone here agrees. You finished only 2 points ahead of us last season, if we are a midtable club surely that also makes you midtable too? We did the double over you last season too (including a 4 goal trashing in your back garden )
    Son had 3 goals in 2 appearances at the time, Chadli obviously banged last season, Dier was suspended. So if we're comparing, I'd say our injuries were more severe, considering that in our XI both Dier and Chadli would start for us, and Son was clearly on form. That's right you did do the double over us, and how many times have you finished below us in the last 5 seasons? 4 times if my memory serves me correct

ReputationRep:
    Bold bit is a terrible argument and excuse. Last season was just one season where as Benteke has proven himself in the for PL multiple seasons, lets see how Kane does this season (hope he does well though, like the guy)

I do rate Eriksen a bit above Coutinho tbh and yh Coutinho is overrated by some Liverpool fans, he is talented but he is just inconsistent and lacks end product (which is starting to improve this season). As you said, it is early in the season but it didn't stop you from using this what has happened this season so far yourself. Eriksen's freekicks are boss though.
    Not at all, it just highlights that Kane can have a two month goal drought, and when he gets past that, he can overtake Benteke's goal scoring record in a few games. As I said in the post above, Kane 42 goals in 3 seasons, and we're not half way through this season yet, and he only started playing after half way through the 2013/2014 season. Whereas Benteke has 30 goals, in his last near 2 and a half seasons playing regular football, I'm not saying Benteke isn't a good striker, just that on his day, if they were both on form, the majority of people would choose Kane to lead their line if they had a choice.

I did also compare the last few seasons though, I do rate Coutinho's work rate, but he's a bit like Ozil sometimes (before this season no doubt) has the tendancy to go missing, and it's not always clear what he brings to the team when he does go off the ball in a lot of games, and when he scores a few screamers they put him in team of the season over Eriksen, who in my opinion is more consistent, creates a lot of clear chances, has a good record of scoring, free-kicks like you mentioned, are drool-worthy, please watch the one I have attached, it's beautiful. He also is in the top players in the league of covering distance, and in the last 12 months, has been instrumental in our 5-3 demolition of Chelsea, 2-1 demolition of Arsenal, and 4-1 demolition of city.

Beautiful free kick - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaZHn_Jbwcs

P.s, most people on here our Liverpool fans, so I expect my opinion to be unpopular. But it's why things happen, like Henderson being on the Fifa 16 cover, over Kane, Hazard, Aguero and Sanchez.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all, it just highlights that Kane can have a two month goal drought, and when he gets past that, he can overtake Benteke's goal scoring record in a few games. As I said in the post above, Kane 42 goals in 3 seasons, and we're not half way through this season yet, and he only started playing after half way through the 2013/2014 season. Whereas Benteke has 30 goals, in his last near 2 and a half seasons playing regular football, I'm not saying Benteke isn't a good striker, just that on his day, if they were both on form, the majority of people would choose Kane to lead their line if they had a choice.

I did also compare the last few seasons though, I do rate Coutinho's work rate, but he's a bit like Ozil sometimes (before this season no doubt) has the tendancy to go missing, and it's not always clear what he brings to the team when he does go off the ball in a lot of games, and when he scores a few screamers they put him in team of the season over Eriksen, who in my opinion is more consistent, creates a lot of clear chances, has a good record of scoring, free-kicks like you mentioned, are drool-worthy, please watch the one I have attached, it's beautiful. He also is in the top players in the league of covering distance, and in the last 12 months, has been instrumental in our 5-3 demolition of Chelsea, 2-1 demolition of Arsenal, and 4-1 demolition of city.

Beautiful free kick - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaZHn_Jbwcs

P.s, ]most people on here our Liverpool fans, so I expect my opinion to be unpopular. But it's why things happen, like Henderson being on the Fifa 16 cover, over Kane, Hazard, Aguero and Sanchez.
    Naa, I think people would rather have someone who is proven and more experienced to start, Kane will probably overtake Benteke tbh.

There are actually more United and Arsenal fans than Liverpool fans on here actually.

ReputationRep:
    Naa, I think people would rather have someone who is proven and more experienced to start, Kane will probably overtake Benteke tbh.

There are actually more United and Arsenal fans than Liverpool fans on here actually.
    I don't consider United to actually have fans, just plastic fans, glory supporters, I bet most of them on here go to old trafford like once every ten years.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    You're the only one talking rubbish 'good 3 months' he's had a good season and a half, considering Kane only broke into the Tottenham team last November, in his last 3 seasons combined at Tottenham, he has scored 42 goals in all competitions (which is really 2 seasons, considering he only started playing under Sherwood, and we are close but not yet half way through the season) Compare that with Benteke, who in his last 3 seasons playing regular football, he has scored 30 goals in all competitions. That's 12 goals more for Kane, who has less experience, is younger, and has way more potential than Benteke. So stop talking out your arse
    A good season and a half? He got going late november last year and had finished by the end of March (so, sorry - 4 months). No denying Kanes season last year was spectacular, but it remains that that 4 month spell is the only good spell he's had. Will he surpass Benteke? Possibly, but if you were given the choice now, given Kane is threatening to be a flash in the pan, the only sensible choice would be Benteke.

I'm highly doubtful the 20 year old spurs fan supposedly living in leicester is in any position to lecture anyone on being a glory supporter either...

ReputationRep:
    Son had 3 goals in 2 appearances at the time, Chadli obviously banged last season, Dier was suspended. So if we're comparing, I'd say our injuries were more severe, considering that in our XI both Dier and Chadli would start for us, and Son was clearly on form. That's right you did do the double over us, and how many times have you finished below us in the last 5 seasons? 4 times if my memory serves me correct
    Sturridge, Henderson and Ings would all start for us in our XI though. Ings was also on form and scoring goals for us. Don't need to say anything about Sturridge. Henderson gets assists and goals for us and is our best CM (besides Lucas). Difference was that you still had your best players bar Chadli in the squad (Kane and Eriksen) where as we didn't. We also had a new manager debuting and had a couple of days of training with us, you should of really done better against us at White Heart Lane tbh.

I'll give you the last point lol, although not much difference between finishing 5th, 6th or 7th. All are failures in my eyes as 4th is what we want.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Lool Sakho looks like the Smalling of 2 years ago, he's ****, just like Liverpool's defence, and Liverpool got dominated by Arsenal and should have lost, we dominated Arsenal and should have won, and if you compare those two games the difference in quality is undeniable
    I can't believe you're 21 years old.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    A good season and a half? He got going late november last year and had finished by the end of March (so, sorry - 4 months). No denying Kanes season last year was spectacular, but it remains that that 4 month spell is the only good spell he's had. Will he surpass Benteke? Possibly, but if you were given the choice now, given Kane is threatening to be a flash in the pan, the only sensible choice would be Benteke.

I'm highly doubtful the 20 year old spurs fan supposedly living in leicester is in any position to lecture anyone on being a glory supporter either...
    Lmao, Kane was scoring from August? Only began starting for us in the first team in the Premier League, and that's funny, because I'm pretty sure he reached his 30 goal tally at the end of April. And the last month for Kane has been spectacular, a hat-trick, a goal in the NLD to say the least. I'm not saying he's surpassed Benteke, I'm saying that right now, most people would start Kane, and if both players were on form, most people would start Kane, which is a fair argument.

My grand-father, and father have both supported Spurs, I've been going to games both home and away since I was a kid, and I used to live in Tottenham, so..

ReputationRep:
    Sturridge, Henderson and Ings would all start for us in our XI though. Ings was also on form and scoring goals for us. Don't need to say anything about Sturridge. Henderson gets assists and goals for us and is our best CM (besides Lucas). Difference was that you still had your best players bar Chadli in the squad (Kane and Eriksen) where as we didn't. We also had a new manager debuting and had a couple of days of training with us, you should of really done better against us at White Heart Lane tbh.

I'll give you the last point lol, although not much difference between finishing 5th, 6th or 7th. All are failures in my eyes as 4th is what we want.
    Yes, but Benteke was starting over Ings, and Sturridge hasn't exactly been the biggest goal threat recently anyway, but even if you were to start both Benteke and Sturridge, that would leave you with a four man midfield, and so you'd have to drop Coutinho or Firmino, and It's unlikely that an out of form Sturridge would effect the game in a more positive way than either player.

No we did not, Dier and Dembele are our best CDM's, and Dier was missing through suspension. And Chadli and Son are our best two wingers, and would have been much more of a goal threat than Alli and Lamela. We should have done better, but as I said, your argument was that you had injuries, mine was that we did to, we also had both Eriksen and Dembele returning from injuries in that game. There's still the game at Anfield, which I am very confident about.. P.s Palace, what happened there?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Lmao, Kane was scoring from August? Only began starting for us in the first team in the Premier League, and that's funny, because I'm pretty sure he reached his 30 goal tally at the end of April. And the last month for Kane has been spectacular, a hat-trick, a goal in the NLD to say the least. I'm not saying he's surpassed Benteke, I'm saying that right now, most people would start Kane, and if both players were on form, most people would start Kane, which is a fair argument.

My grand-father, and father have both supported Spurs, I've been going to games both home and away since I was a kid, and I used to live in Tottenham, so..
    For Sunderland perhaps but he didn't get his first goal (that wasn't an own goal) until 2nd November. He then got one more goal before the 14th December, went on a ridiculous scoring run until the end of March where he scored 2 vs Leicester (one was clearly a Huth own goal), then got 2 in 8 games between then and the end of the season. Of his 21 credited goals, all bar 4 were scored between December 14th and March 23rd. He had two lean patches to start and end the season then went mental in the middle, but it remains then a 3/4 month good spell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    For Sunderland perhaps but he didn't get his first goal (that wasn't an own goal) until 2nd November. He then got one more goal before the 14th December, went on a ridiculous scoring run until the end of March where he scored 2 vs Leicester (one was clearly a Huth own goal), then got 2 in 8 games between then and the end of the season. Of his 21 credited goals, all bar 4 were scored between December 14th and March 23rd. He had two lean patches to start and end the season then went mental in the middle, but it remains then a 3/4 month good spell.
    That's funny, because Harry Kane scored 5 goals in October last season, so feel free to check your stats and their validity. He also has scored 6 goals in the last 3 weeks, some would consider that a good month, a 3 goals this week. So it remains a good 7 months, out of a possible 11 in which he's had the chance to be a first team striker, so flawed argument really

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but Benteke was starting over Ings, and Sturridge hasn't exactly been the biggest goal threat recently anyway, but even if you were to start both Benteke and Sturridge, that would leave you with a four man midfield, and so you'd have to drop Coutinho or Firmino, and It's unlikely that an out of form Sturridge would effect the game in a more positive way than either player.

No we did not, Dier and Dembele are our best CDM's, and Dier was missing through suspension. And Chadli and Son are our best two wingers, and would have been much more of a goal threat than Alli and Lamela. We should have done better, but as I said, your argument was that you had injuries, mine was that we did to, we also had both Eriksen and Dembele returning from injuries in that game. There's still the game at Anfield, which I am very confident about.. P.s Palace, what happened there?
    Sturridge scored 2 goals against Aston Villa in just his second game and our team looked miles better attacking wise with him in the team even if he doesn't score, the guy is that good. Firmino was also injured but Coutinho would start over him anyway as he links up with Sturridge really well. Ings actually suits us better than Benteke (strikers who are mobile and make runs in behind always suit us better) and we looked our best this season with Ings and Sturridge both playing.

We have always beaten you with Sturridge so you better hope he isn't fit for Anfield. But you guys have an advantage in that your squad is settled and you have a system and philosophy in place whereas Liverpool are still adjusting to what Klopp wants so we don't know what to really expect from Liverpool in the next half of the season.

Palace are our bogey team, but we should of really won that (atleast a draw anyway), missed chances, dog**** defending from Can and poor goalkeeping for Mignolet caused us to concede a goal each.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 20, 2015
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.