Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Tortoises172)
    Thanks for the advice it's just that Durham is so small! And not as prestigious as UCL?
    I got to Durham I wouldnt say it is that small and Newcastle is only 10 minutes away on the train
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Tortoises172)
    I'm doing history and I'd like to go into a career in the UN/ diplomacy etc so could be useful in that respect? Especially with UCL's international edge. Not that Durham is bad, obviously, especially not for history.
    Interesting. Although, the diplomatic service is UK based (FCO), and I'm fairly certain they will have heard of both of the best unis the country. Likewise, the UN is actually not as elitist as you may think. Most employees there don't have degrees from sparkling universities.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! I've heard a ton of stuff about choosing not to go to a city uni if you want the full university experience. What are your opinions on that? I'm too scared to firm my offer to a London uni rn lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freetree64)
    Hey guys! I've heard a ton of stuff about choosing not to go to a city uni if you want the full university experience. What are your opinions on that? I'm too scared to firm my offer to a London uni rn lol
    Same ^^

ReputationRep:
    got an offer for history, just not sure how i feel about living in London :/

ReputationRep:
    What does everyone think about the UCL School of Management - IMB programme.

Teaching quality , social life at UCL

ReputationRep:
    I've got an unconditional for MEng(chemical). Initially I was over the moon, but now I'm very sceptical after reading all the horrible things people have to say about UCL's engineering :/

ReputationRep:
    Hi..I have recieved an offer for post graduate studies at UCL. I'll be studying MSc Financial Mathematics. Does anybody know the initial deposit that is to be made once we accept the offer?? Also how much time does UCL give for making the payment.
    Congratulations to everyone on their offer!! All the best!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aisha0107)
    Hi..I have recieved an offer for post graduate studies at UCL. I'll be studying MSc Financial Mathematics. Does anybody know the initial deposit that is to be made once we accept the offer?? Also how much time does UCL give for making the payment.
    Congratulations to everyone on their offer!! All the best!!
    Congrats !!!
    How much time did they take to process your offer ?
    Did anybody get offer from Computer Science Department this for 2016/17 sometime near ?

ReputationRep:
    Hey anybody got offer for M.Sc Compuet Graphics, Vision and Imaging sometime in near past ?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya.

Has anyone been asked to fill out the fee status form?
    If so, did you send it back to them by e-mail or by mail?
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sawi)
    Hiya.

Has anyone been asked to fill out the fee status form?
    If so, did you send it back to them by e-mail or by mail?
    xx
    Does one gets to fill this form after he/she has received the offer ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oldwhpsian)
    I've got an unconditional for MEng(chemical). Initially I was over the moon, but now I'm very sceptical after reading all the horrible things people have to say about UCL's engineering :/
    Feel the same about civil engineering, though it is said to be the best engineering dept at UCL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeekByHeart)
    Does one gets to fill this form after he/she has received the offer ?
    Yeah, I got mine sent by mail because they couldn't make a decision based on my UCAS details.

But if you don't get one, you can ask them for one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sawi)
    Yeah, I got mine sent by mail because they couldn't make a decision based on my UCAS details.

But if you don't get one, you can ask them for one.
    Do you mean to say that I should ask them for this form even I have not got the offer as I am yet waiting for the offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeekByHeart)
    Do you mean to say that I should ask them for this form even I have not got the offer as I am yet waiting for the offer.
    If you're still waiting for an offer, then you just have to wait and see if they send you the form

But they only send it to you if they are unable to make a decision.

Generally, if you have not lived in the EU for at least 3 years (and are not an EU national), they set you as International.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have accepted an offer for the Msc Management course. Is anyone else on this course and what do you think of the new teaching area in Canary Wharf?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know when we would get access to the JobShop service? I did quick cash flow analysis and i would need a part time job!

I have accepted an unconditional offer for a masters course starting this sept.

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by souman)
    Anyone know when we would get access to the JobShop service? I did quick cash flow analysis and i would need a part time job!

I have accepted an unconditional offer for a masters course starting this sept.

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hello!

The UCLU JobShop is unfortunately only open to people with a ucl login, that being said we're quite flexible at the start of the academic year because of people like yourself.
    You can create a guest account to access the UCLU website and some jobs will be open to application from those people.
    It's best to just create a guest account and keep checking out whether anything is open to you in the August/September time. Otherwise we do still advertise lots of UCLU jobs right at the start of and throughout the academic year so you should find something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UCLU)
    Hello!

The UCLU JobShop is unfortunately only open to people with a ucl login, that being said we're quite flexible at the start of the academic year because of people like yourself.
    You can create a guest account to access the UCLU website and some jobs will be open to application from those people.
    It's best to just create a guest account and keep checking out whether anything is open to you in the August/September time. Otherwise we do still advertise lots of UCLU jobs right at the start of and throughout the academic year so you should find something.
    Thank you, appreciate the info.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.