Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    I highly doubt a US carrier employee knows bugger all about the release date of the next iPhone...

Apple are tight about information leaks - even though it happens infrequently - so much so that employees have to sign NDAs about these things before working there. All these rumours, are just that, rumours.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, agree. I'm not all that happy with at&t for a number of reasons, but it is odd that he didn't want me to upgrade. (this was back during the summer) I'm still with the same iphone, and never upgraded. :/
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by *Deidre*)
    Yes, agree. I'm not all that happy with at&t for a number of reasons, but it is odd that he didn't want me to upgrade. (this was back during the summer) I'm still with the same iphone, and never upgraded. :/
    I don't know how you guys live with your carriers over there; they are all such massive rip offs. Having to pay $199 upfront AND close to $100 dollars a month for deals that are mostly 'unlimited' (i.e. throttled to the high heavens). It's even worse with providers like Verizon and Sprint, where you HAVE to buy from them due to the chips being built in to the phone.

If I was in the states, I'd just buy my phone off of Amazon and stick in a prepaid sim.

ReputationRep:
    Man.. Now all I need to know is where can I get an Iphone 6 for cheap... Would it be cheaper in the middle east?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how you guys live with your carriers over there; they are all such massive rip offs. Having to pay $199 upfront AND close to $100 dollars a month for deals that are mostly 'unlimited' (i.e. throttled to the high heavens). It's even worse with providers like Verizon and Sprint, where you HAVE to buy from them due to the chips being built in to the phone.

If I was in the states, I'd just buy my phone off of Amazon and stick in a prepaid sim.
    A lot of people do that. And then there are some of us who get stuck in contracts. I should actually see how damaging the penalty would be to get out before the contract is up.

ReputationRep:
    If you're low on money atm, you can apply for an Argos card and buy an iPhone (6 or 6s), and you won't have to pay them back for 12 months, you can also pay in instalments if you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fiduciam)
    If you're low on money atm, you can apply for an Argos card and buy an iPhone (6 or 6s), and you won't have to pay them back for 12 months, you can also pay in instalments if you want.
    That sounds too good to be true.. There has to be some sort of twist somewhere... Is it more expensive there? Or are they a genuine business who let customers benefit from their huge economies of scale
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Ahmed766)
    That sounds too good to be true.. There has to be some sort of twist somewhere... Is it more expensive there? Or are they a genuine business who let customers benefit from their huge economies of scale
    The catch is interest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nah no twist, if you pay em in time (before the 12 month period up to the last day even), then you're charged no interest, but if you don't then obviously you will be.

They're pretty good tbh, just walk into Argos and ask them about it.

ReputationRep:
    Man.. After I bought Xperia arc and it froze a lot and messed up I just got off Sony...
    I had the Xperia Z1 for 2 years and have now had the Xperia Z3 for 2 months and never had a problem. The only time my Z1 broke was because i crushed it with my knee accidentally. Solid phones and really fast and great build quality. But in the end you buy what you find best.

ReputationRep:
    I bet you're super rich though
    Not at all lol

ReputationRep:
    The catch is interest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you buy a phone on an Argos card you need to pay back the money owed within your credit plan. So say you took out a 6 month plan on a new phone, you need to pay back that phone price within six months. It's interest free for those six months so you only pay for the phone. If you haven't paid for the phone after that six months, you will be charged interest until you pay the remaining balance and the interest off.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.