Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by william0606)
    Has anyone who received their 8 week email on 2nd Nov got an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kgsj20)
    I did
    I got the 8week e-mail on November 2nd, but still no reply :/

Anyone know if they give out offers over Christmas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOP97)
    I got the 8week e-mail on November 2nd, but still no reply :/

Anyone know if they give out offers over Christmas?
    There's a timeline of the admissions process on the LSE website so maybe just look there, but from what I know, most applicants don't get offers til after Christmas in January!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kgsj20)
    There's a timeline of the admissions process on the LSE website so maybe just look there, but from what I know, most applicants don't get offers til after Christmas in January!
    Looks like they may be closed during the Christmas period then.

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as a lot of Law offers and rejections appear to have gone out, do people mind updating the stalking page?

Well done/commiserations. If you're like me and still waiting, hope you survive haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antigone-)
    Seeing as a lot of Law offers and rejections appear to have gone out, do people mind updating the stalking page?

Well done/commiserations. If you're like me and still waiting, hope you survive haha
    When did you get your 8week email?

2nd Nov here, still waiting :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOP97)
    When did you get your 8week email?

2nd Nov here, still waiting :P
    19th October, got the 4 week email on Monday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antigone-)
    19th October, got the 4 week email on Monday!
    Exactly the same as me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoveToArgue)
    Exactly the same as me!
    What's the 4week email? Does it come before/after the 8 week one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.shadowhappy)
    What's the 4week email? Does it come before/after the 8 week one?
    After it - it's more or less an extension to 12 weeks

ReputationRep:
    What does the 4 week email even mean? Is it like a waiting list, if you're not an outstanding candidate you get put on it? My 8 weeks is up tomorrow :/

JohnGreek
    LoveToArgue

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JodieHarriett18)
    What does the 4 week email even mean? Is it like a waiting list, if you're not an outstanding candidate you get put on it? My 8 weeks is up tomorrow :/
    From what I've gathered from the people who have gotten offers for Law so far, most of the people who aren't applying with achieved grades (so those who are gonna end up getting conditional offers) get put on it.

I could be wrong, but seeing that the overwhelming majority of applicants who have not been rejected yet have or will receive the email, I really wouldn't worry too much about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    From what I've gathered from the people who have gotten offers for Law so far, most of the people who aren't applying with achieved grades (so those who are gonna end up getting conditional offers) get put on it.

I could be wrong, but seeing that the overwhelming majority of applicants who have not been rejected yet have or will receive the email, I really wouldn't worry too much about it
    Ah okay, thanks! So should I expect the email tomorrow then? I'll have been 8 weeks then

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay, thanks! So should I expect the email tomorrow then? I'll have been 8 weeks then
    No idea to be honest - I'm just another applicant, just like you I would imagine that they have some sort of automated system to notify you if they have to extend the decision time (so, basically, the 4 week email at this stage). But, judging from LSE's rather... liberal use of its time, I wouldn't hold my breath for a decision this side of Christmas.

Who knows!

ReputationRep:

JohnGreek
    LoveToArgue

It doesn't mean anything - it's just them saying they want to compare you to your cohort. Most people who haven't already got their A-level results will recieve it!

ReputationRep:
    No idea to be honest - I'm just another applicant, just like you I would imagine that they have some sort of automated system to notify you if they have to extend the decision time (so, basically, the 4 week email at this stage). But, judging from LSE's rather... liberal use of its time, I wouldn't hold my breath for a decision this side of Christmas.

Who knows!
    Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    Course: Law LLB
    AS grades (achieved): AAAD
    A2 grades (predicted): A*A*A
    Current status: Offer on 15th January

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rfang)
    congrats! When did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.shadowhappy)
    congrats! When did you apply?
    Thanks 13th October I believe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rfang)
    Did you give extenuating circumstances for the D? What did you get at gcse, well done!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 2, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.