Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Look what I just saw! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by garfeeled)
    More correctly a good wife for you
    Not neccesarily for anyone else, nor does it seem to care about the wife's well being.
    The former, rightly so. The latter is not implied in the text whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i<3milkshake)
    I would personally have it more balanced-so both partners could work half the week each. That way you get the best of both worlds. At the moment feminism in terms of this example has given women a choice, they have the right to choose what to do, they are independent, they have freedom. However, the economic reality is that they have to now spend more time at work than their family. Hardly real progress. Of course this is not the fault of feminism but capitalism, globalisation, consumerism, whatever you want to blame-equal rights did not cause this pitiful state of affairs from a work perspective.
    No I agree entirely and men are in a worse position because they get very little paternity leave and often don't have the choice to stay home even if they wanted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NJA)
    Can someone please do a page: "how to be a good wife" from a feminist perspective?
    How about we call for a, 'How to be a good partner and maintain a healthy relationship', handbook aimed at both sexes? Why is it assumed to be the female role to nurture the wellbeing of the male and not an equal duty?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.