Going out with an Indian girl!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Awesome Genius is my spirit animal
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by kka25)
    I know a few Indians in the office and they said that if a girl is married, she needs to (1) show the appropriate dot on the forehead (2) wear some jewelries that her husband gave.

One of them was female and she said she's not religious and she finds (2) ridiculous since why on earth would she wants to show her jewelries to the people she doesn't know and she said she would also be easy target for mugs and thugs on the tube lol.
    That is really a strange tradition. Wearing jewelries as a sign of being married. But in the other hands, if they are very expensive....

ReputationRep:
    They love posh people.

Always be sure to mention how wealthy you are, how accomplished your parents are etc
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by The Rad Prince)
    They love posh people.

Always be sure to mention how wealthy you are, how accomplished your parents are etc
    From this point of view, I have no chances going out with an Indian girl. Of course, I am able to wear posh-like clothes but I am not wealthy. What does being accomplish mean exactly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    From this point of view, I have no chances going out with an Indian girl. Of course, I am able to wear posh-like clothes but I am not wealthy. What does being accomplish mean exactly?
    Successful, as much as I think some Indian girls look good, the obsession with wealth and status makes me think how empty it would be even if I were to fully meet it all. She doesn't love you, she loves your success, it's cancerous.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Successful, as much as I think some Indian girls look good, the obsession with wealth and status makes me think how empty it would be even if I were to fully meet it all. She doesn't love you, she loves your success, it's cancerous.
    Would you say the status does not matter when an Indian girl really loves me? but the majority of Indian girls think in a materialistic way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Would you say the status does not matter when an Indian girl really loves me? but the majority of Indian girls think in a materialistic way?
    Obviously there are exceptions, it's just something I've noticed. I think this is the reason why lots of Indian guys say they never get White girls, because talking about their parents wealth and place in med school sounds boring to a girl who get everything paid for and goes clubbing every weekend.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously there are exceptions, it's just something I've noticed. I think this is the reason why lots of Indian guys say they never get White girls, because talking about their parents wealth and place in med school sounds boring to a girl who get everything paid for and goes clubbing every weekend.
    What a load of crap. You sound bitter :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    What a load of crap. You sound bitter :lol:
    but I am posh

ReputationRep:
    I think generalisations are always dangerous...

The truth is, like everyone indian girls live in a very materialistic world; therefore it comes into play when it comes to romance, it shouldn't but it's not really an "indian girl" issue.

Status is important across the board, some girls will value social status above wealth status, and vice versa, social status to one subset of people is different to others, for instance I was in a band in uni and amoungst a subset of women that gave me a lot of status, which was silly really looking back but it did.

But that same status wouldn't be seen or appreciated by, say a medical student at oxford. And has since disappeared because it's illusory, now I'm not in a band, i've stepped "off the stage" that status is gone.

It's all subjective. When you generalize and brand all women as money hungry whores who only care about what you can give her, then you're seriously entering Elliot Rodger territory... look what happened to him.

ReputationRep:
    Be prepared for the usual grilling on academics from the parents and a veiled threat of a kicking from various cousins.

ReputationRep:
    I'm poor as **** but I still pull

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)
    I know a few Indians in the office and they said that if a girl is married, she needs to (1) show the appropriate dot on the forehead (2) wear some jewelries that her husband gave.

One of them was female and she said she's not religious and she finds (2) ridiculous since why on earth would she wants to show her jewelries to the people she doesn't know and she said she would also be easy target for mugs and thugs on the tube lol.
    riveting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    I have never been out with an Indian girl before.

Is there anything I have to know?
    But aren't you Indian?
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Reminds me of this pakistani über driver i had a few days ago who revelaed his wife is his cousin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keromedic)
    Reminds me of this pakistani über driver i had a few days ago qho revelaed his wife is his cousin.
    ballicks omfg :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    this thread is so racist ok, halp meh someone plz :cry:

ReputationRep:
    OP is from Oxford? Wow, oxford is much easier to get into than I thought then :P
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Sounds really like most of Indian girls have a surficial personality. Don't like such people in general.

ReputationRep:
    Wow... What about us?? I still love you and we met up less than a week ago and you said you wanted to make it work..

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.