Turn on thread page Beta

Asian/Muslim teens - are you allowed to live away for uni? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RiskVsReward)
    Yup, male though. Sister is allowed too though. My parents respect a degree at much better uni than a closer normal one. I know others that don't care how good the uni is, just how close.
    Thats really good, I guess my dad might grow used to the idea if I get into a good far away uni

My parents are all for it.
    They say it shows independence.:desu:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SohaXO)
    My parents and I had a deal. If I stay in London (where I originally live) I can stay out in halls. However, my brother goes to Cardiff and lives out. They don't mind.
    Thats good, so you'll get a chance to be independent which is great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amani-Khan)
    My parents are all for it.
    They say it shows independence.:desu:
    Exactly! Thats so awesome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    Tbh , if a muslim goes to uni with sexual and other haram intentions. What's to stop them following through , regardless of whether they live at home away. It's not parents can keep you at home for your whole life.
    That is so true, I'm trine explain this to my dad but I think the real reason he doesn't want me to go is cuz he'll miss me LOL

ReputationRep:
    My parents would rather me stay at home but at the end of the day they can't exactly stop me if I move away.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatImposter)
    My parents would rather me stay at home but at the end of the day they can't exactly stop me if I move away.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Looool rebeeel joke haha. You a dude or a girl?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by safiyyah98)
    Lol, wow how did you get an unconditional offer? For what course?
    Medicine but I'm on a gap year at the moment so technically its unconditional lol. At Southampton where are you planning on studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kamranhyder)
    Medicine but I'm on a gap year at the moment so technically its unconditional lol. At Southampton where are you planning on studying?
    OMG! Medicine! You must be clever loool. I want to study in Birmingham, fingers crossed, for child nursing.

ReputationRep:
    Yes of course. But im staying in london, which is where i want to be aswell! i just got an offer from kings so guess ill probably be stayingggg

ReputationRep:
    OMG! Medicine! You must be clever loool. I want to study in Birmingham, fingers crossed, for child nursing.
    That's amazing, my sister also does nursing. Nah not really lol my teachers didn't have a lot of faith in me I'm not clever lol I just worked my socks off when it was needed. But my predictions were really really low lol. Best of luck in Nursing and I thinks amazing you chose to do it with children. So much respect for you

ReputationRep:
    Looool rebeeel joke haha. You a dude or a girl?
    Girl

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's amazing, my sister also does nursing. Nah not really lol my teachers didn't have a lot of faith in me I'm not clever lol I just worked my socks off when it was needed. But my predictions were really really low lol. Best of luck in Nursing and I thinks amazing you chose to do it with children. So much respect for you
    Nah don't downplay a compliment it takes brains to get into medicine, not just anyone can do it! Thank you ever so much, I really admire what you chose to do as well. Oh wow what branch of nursing is your sis into? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SohaXO)
    Yes of course. But im staying in london, which is where i want to be aswell! i just got an offer from kings so guess ill probably be stayingggg
    Thats a good uni as well theres no point in living away then haha, congrats!

ReputationRep:
    Girl

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah then you must feel what I'm going through as well lol

ReputationRep:
    Ah then you must feel what I'm going through as well lol
    Yeah ofc I do but just apply to a few unis outside where you live regardless, they'll come around eventually

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nah don't downplay a compliment it takes brains to get into medicine, not just anyone can do it! Thank you ever so much, I really admire what you chose to do as well. Oh wow what branch of nursing is your sis into? x
    She does adult nursing but I think she wishes she did child nursing loool. What made you choose child nursing over mental/adult?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah ofc I do but just apply to a few unis outside where you live regardless, they'll come around eventually

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol I have, 2 far ones and 3 close ones so we'll see

ReputationRep:
    She does adult nursing but I think she wishes she did child nursing loool. What made you choose child nursing over mental/adult?
    Well I've always loved working with children and I don't think I'd be comfortable with working with adults and I think mental health would be more emotional and difficult.

ReputationRep:
    Well I've always loved working with children and I don't think I'd be comfortable with working with adults and I think mental health would be more emotional and difficult.
    Good shout if you do have any questions regarding the ucas process, student finance or nursing in general feel free to pm me. Which unis are you thinking of applying for?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.