Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Imperial College of London.....Ms in Petroleum Geosciences... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oilfreak1)
    Yeah, and given a choice between imperial and herriot-watts courses in petroleum geoscience I would choose imperial without a second thought as I personally always thought imperial was superior but have been told otherwise by industry professionals.

regardless it doesn't really matter only really made that comment to cheer someone up.

Thanks, we might see each other as I will be doing a lot of my earth science modules in the RSM (is this where petroleum geoscience classes are held too?)
    Yes I'll be studying in the school of mines. There is a big emphasis on interdisciplinary work and I know the engineers/geologists/geophysicists have plenty of overlap just like they would in the industry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oilfreak1)
    that sucks can't you apply for student finance? thats 10k done in the same manner your undergrad would have been done, if thats not enough theres also the PCD Loan.
    The loan would only cover 2/3 of the tuition fee, then I'd have to fund the other 5 grand and afford to live in London for a year...
    I'd rather not take out another loan to cover that, I'll just take the year to work and see where I'm at next December/January and maybe reapply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosiesaurus)
    The loan would only cover 2/3 of the tuition fee, then I'd have to fund the other 5 grand and afford to live in London for a year...
    I'd rather not take out another loan to cover that, I'll just take the year to work and see where I'm at next December/January and maybe reapply
    yeah i'm still probably going to work part time after I start despite being london born and bred.

Is it not possible to talk to admissions about deferring entry until next year?

ReputationRep:
    PLEASE HELP
    all msc petroleum geoscience graduates how was it , in terms of securing jobs ?
    after having graduated from ICL , i just hope chances of employment is not that difficult

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.