Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Western Islamophobia and racism, caused the events last night, we need to admit this watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlwaysWatching)
    Did a MA in it at Leeds, alongside international relations in the middle east but now I'm at Kings doing a history of warfare course, and my research topic is on Islamic military Orders - so I'm rather well versed on the links between Islam and violence.
    Let's hope you get a first seeing as you already have a 1st class degree in keyboard warrior studies too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sales89)
    If you are brave enough, say your Islamophobic thoughts to a Muslims face and see what happpens instead of sitting behind a screen or writing your opinions on youtube.
    You are disgusting. I sincerely hope you are a troll. No religion or belief is free from criticism and nor should it be. Wah wah wah poor little Muslims can't take the criticism so they kill people? Absolute disgrace

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    He dislikes Muslims and the Middle East in general so I wouldn't expect any sympathy from him
    Yes, I dislike it so much that I've spent thousands of pounds studying it in?

Or could it be that Im far more informed on this than you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by napkinsquirrel)
    You just can't let it go that somebody beat you in an argument so you have to hypocritically accuse them of being a keyboard warrior. You really are an ignorant piece of work.
    Beat me by being a racist and an islamophobe? Nothing to brag about. Y'all both irritated,must be doing something right here

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I dislike it so much that I've spent thousands of pounds studying it in?

Or could it be that Im far more informed on this than you?
    Hahahahahahah,you don't tell someone who is middle eastern about the Middle East. They are way more ahead of you. Continue reading your text books and watching fox news

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    The World has clearly shown empathy by uniting together against this scourge , known as ISIS. But , you do realize terror attacks also occurred in Lebanon , with the similar death tolls but does anyone bat an eyelid?
    Indeed. But I don't think it gets as much attention because its so common in Lebanon, and its not common in Paris. Also, as westerners, we have far more "in common" with France, and its close proximity means that it far more "relevant" than a country thousands if miles away. I dont think its racism.

ReputationRep:
    Hahahahahahah,you don't tell someone who is middle eastern about the Middle East. They are way more ahead of you. Continue reading your text books and watching fox news
    Earlier you claimed you were brought up here. You can't be middle eastern, but brought up in Britain.

ReputationRep:
    Beat me by being a racist and an islamophobe? Nothing to brag about. Y'all both irritated,must be doing something right here
    Judging by how tenaciously you've attempted to completely shut this argument down by accusing people who simply disagree with you as being 'Islamophobes' and 'racists', the Nazi analogy seems rather befitting now.

I'm sure those subtitles probably translate to something along the lines of 'religion of peace'

ReputationRep:
    Earlier you claimed you were brought up here. You can't be middle Easter, but brought up in Britain.
    Last time I check I was still Syrian, I know what's going on back in Syria,I had family there,I have been there on holidays countless of times in the past during my childhood/teenage years

ReputationRep:
    I have a strong suspicion that you are a troll due to inconsistencies with your personal history, errors on your bio and lack of ability to engage in an intellectual discourse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IslamistheTruth)
    "say your Islamophobic thoughts to a Muslims face and see what happpens"

There it is.
    Why does this necessarily have to be taken as a threat? "There it is" - what's there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by napkinsquirrel)
    Judging by how tenaciously you've attempted to completely shut this argument down by accusing people who simply disagree with you as being 'Islamophobes' and 'racists', the Nazi analogy seems rather befitting now.

I'm sure those subtitles probably translate to something along the lines of 'religion of peace'
    The other guy flat out said why it's not racist to say such a thing,any normal person who wasn't a racist wouldn't say that and seeing as you're also agreeing with him I wonder if you are too. Why bring race/ethnicity into it? Stop trying to justify racist views. It's never okay

ReputationRep:
    Last time I check I was still Syrian, I know what's going on back in Syria,I had family there,I have been there on holidays countless of times in the past during my childhood/teenage years
    So you weren't born and raised here then. Also you cant claim to know everything about the middle east through family holidays. Dont be a fool.

ReputationRep:
    I have a strong suspicion that you are a troll due to inconsistencies with your personal history, errors on your bio and lack of ability to engage in an intellectual discourse.
    I just can't engage with someone who is so full of hate,that it clouds their though process. I'm not a troll,if you don't like my opinions deal with it. Errors on my bio/inconsistencies?

ReputationRep:
    Just confirming that AlwaysWatching is not my dupe

ReputationRep:
    So you weren't born and raised here then. Also you cant claim to know everything about the middle east through family holidays. Dont be a fool.
    Where have I said I wasn't born and raised here? Stop trolling

ReputationRep:
    I just can't engage with someone who is so full of hate,that it clouds their though process. I'm not a troll,if you don't like my opinions deal with it. Errors on my bio/inconsistencies?
    I'm clearly not clouded with hate. You are a troll if you actually believe that. Not being a Muslim and disagreeing with Islam does not make somebody 'hateful'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Rad Prince)
    Just confirming that AlwaysWatching is not my dupe

Running to the rescue as usual

ReputationRep:
    The other guy flat out said why it's not racist to say such a thing,any normal person who wasn't a racist wouldn't say that and seeing as you're also agreeing with him I wonder if you are too. Why bring race/ethnicity into it? Stop trying to justify racist views. It's never okay
    I'm pretty sure you brought race and ethnicity into this when you called this guy a racist for disagreeing with you.

"Beat me by being a racist and an islamophobe? Nothing to brag about. Y'all both irritated,must be doing something right here"

ReputationRep:
    I'm clearly not clouded with hate. You are a troll if you actually believe that. Not being a Muslim and disagreeing with Islam does not make somebody 'hateful'.
    Nobody asked you to like Islam but stop hating on Muslims.
    Where are these so called errors and inconsistencies you speak of? Trolls be tripping

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.