Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

So, Muslims, why won't you ever condemn terrorist attacks? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What is your stance?
    I am a MUSLIM and I CONDEMN the Paris attacks
    37.24%
    I am a MUSLIM and I SUPPORT the Paris attacks
    3.06%
    I am a MUSLIM and I NEITHER condemn nor support the Paris attacks
    1.53%
    I am a NON-MUSLIM and I CONDEMN the Paris attacks
    57.14%
    I am a NON-MUSLIM and I SUPPORT the Paris attacks
    0.51%
    I am a NON-MUSLIM and I NEITHER condemn nor support the Paris attacks
    0.51%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poohat)
    Meanwhile back in reality, 30% of Muslims in the UK believe that suicide bombing against civilians in order to defend Islam is justified: http://www.pewforum.org/files/2012/07/bombing1.gif

The idea that the problem is only "a few" Muslims is beyond delusional, and completely at odds with the evidence. The entire culture is broken, and should never have been brought to the UK. At this stage, the main concern should be how we eradicate it from the country.
    So what ?

Suicide Bombings are a legimate strategy as part of total warefare

The Japanese used them during WW2

IF your religion or country is under attack, why would you not use every mean at your diposal ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnknownDude)
    What happened in Paris was an atrocity. But then again, the same thing happens on a larger scale in Gaza. Why all of a sudden the media buzz and the threads about Paris when Israelis are killing innocent Palestinians? Like why can't anyone make a thread about supporting or condemning the Israelis? Thats because nobody cares. Gaza is like the lonely bullied kid in a primary school that gets constant abuse. However, when france falls over and sprains her ankle, everyone comes to the hospital and gives her gifts.

As a muslim, I am taught to respect everyone regardless of race or religion. So in conclusion, I feel really sorry that many innocent people had to die in yesterday's tragic event, as do I feel sorry about the Palestians who were shot dead yesterday.
    You won't understand this because you're not from here. Europeans mean more to each other than two foreign countries fighting each other. Israel and Palestine have their own issues to hash out and we have been a part of that. I think the media coverage has been fine in recent months (hence why you know about it).

Europe is in turmoil because of multiculturalism and allowing third world cultures to enrich our nations. France was not at war and now all of a sudden: they got wrecked by a coordinated group of Muslims who tried to MURDER_THE_PRESIDENT. I think what you need to start doing as Muslims is codemn the terrorists but also accept they ARE Muslim.

You don't understand the difference between France vs. iSIS and Israel vs. iSIS because you are not a European. You do not appreciate our history or culture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James222)
    So what ?

Suicide Bombings are a legimate strategy as part of total warefare

The Japanese used them during WW2

IF your religion or country is under attack, why would you not use every mean at your diposal ?
    And look what happened to Japan.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Muslim condemnation of attacks like this isn't something the main media focus on. They have their own agendas, which sometimes include an element of pandering to what they know to be audiences deeply influenced by the reactionary stance, colonialist and racist attitudes and violence-provocation of the right wing media which dominate public information in many countries, including the UK.

The situation is further worsened by the simple fact that there is no Muslim 'Pope'. There is no one voice that speaks for Muslims. Therefore, even if most Muslim countries, for example, officially denounce the attacks, they can still be safely ignored by the right wing mass media, who will find voices from the Islamic world with strident anti-western messages to focus on.

That said, this time, despite their best efforts, the western media have not been able to totally ignore the many Muslims who have come to the sites of the killings in Paris to show mourning and grief, nor the many national leaders of Muslim countries who have condemned them.

ReputationRep:
    Muslims like to point out how humane is Islam, that Islam forbids to kill innocent people. And the terrorists declare that they are Muslims and they do exactly what says Quran and that they kill on behalf of Allah. It would seem that Muslims should consider this as an insult of Islam. And we know how anger may be Muslims in such cases with mass violent demonstrations all over the world. And? Where are this mass protests after the Paris attack? The attack, which happened in Europe which has given shelter to so many Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by admonit)
    Muslims like to point out how humane is Islam, that Islam forbids to kill innocent people. And the terrorists declare that they are Muslims and they do exactly what says Quran and that they kill on behalf of Allah. It would seem that Muslims should consider this as an insult of Islam. And we know how anger may be Muslims in such cases with mass violent demonstrations all over the world. And? Where are this mass protests after the Paris attack? The attack, which happened in Europe which has given shelter to so many Muslims.
    Are you suggesting Muslims should organise protest marches in Paris right now? How exactly do you suppose that would go down? Anyway, all public protests are currently banned under the emergency.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    Do I have your attention?

The title of this thread is troll bait. Here is the place where I invite TSR's Muslim users to:

1. post their own condemnations of terrorism and the Paris attack
    2. post the condemnations of prominent Muslim organisations in the UK, France, Europe and worldwide
    3. post the condemnations of political leaders in Muslim countries.

In addition, please vote on the anonymous poll so that we can present quantitative statistics.

Let's show these trolls the strength of the Muslim response against Islamic terrorism, from individual young British Muslims to the largest Muslim organisations in the world.
    :pierre: LibertéÉgalitéFraternité :turban:
    I am a Muslim and I condemn the Paris attacks from Friday. In fact I condemn all loss of innocent lives no matter where in the world this happens.

Here is a condemnation letter from the worldwide head of the Muslim Community I belong to (Ahmadiyya Muslim Community):

http://www.pressahmadiyya.com/2015/1...community.html

Spoiler:
    Show
    Head of Ahmadiyya Muslim Community condemns Paris attacks and prays for victims
    ● SATURDAY, 14 NOVEMBER 2015

The World Head of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, the Fifth Khalifa (Caliph), His Holiness, Hazrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad has condemned last night’s terrorist attacks in Paris.

Speaking from London, His Holiness, Hazrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad has said:
    “On behalf of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community worldwide, I express my heartfelt sympathies and condolences to the French nation, its people and government following the heinous terrorist attacks that have taken place in Paris. This brutal and inhumane attack can only be condemned in the strongest possible terms.

I would also like to reiterate that all forms of terrorism and extremism are completely against the true teachings of Islam. The Holy Quran has said that to kill even one innocent person is akin to killing all of mankind. Thus under no circumstances can murder ever be justified and those who seek to justify their hateful acts in the name of Islam are serving only to defame it in the worst possible way.

Our sympathies and prayers are with the victims of these attacks and all those who have been left bereaved or affected in any way. May God Almighty grant patience to them all and I hope and pray that the perpetrators of this evil act are swiftly brought to justice.”

Also as a video version for those that find it easier to listen than read:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    They aren't civilised nations. They are in the grips of war.
    Gaza, in your terms, was civilized until the Israelis took away the land from the Palestinians. Why did we let this happen? Because the media would rather focus on things such as who is the next batman, than do 24/7 coverage of how innocent people had their land taken away and thus helping humanity, that they constantly talk about.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.