The Manchester United Thread XIX Watch

This discussion is closed.
difeo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by swirly)
ah ok. so not completely unprecedented for a big club.

do you have any concerns of 'doing a Liverpool?'
Nah not at all tbh. We're too rich and there's too much money riding on us having success, so if takes another 100m this summer and the one after then we'll spend it. Liverpool were a few years too early for that kind of money. We've got some brilliant young players and probably a top manager coming so I'm pretty confident we'll win the league within a couple of years.
WeOnlyLiveOnce
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
van Gaal is ridiculously lucky. Spurs bottled it and we're now 3 points clear in 4th.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kenan and Kel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
van Gaal is ridiculously lucky. Spurs bottled it and we're now 3 points clear in 4th.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You sound upset. Personally, I'm quite happy that we keep a 3 point gap to those below us.
WeOnlyLiveOnce
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
You sound upset. Personally, I'm quite happy that we keep a 3 point gap to those below us.
No im over the moon. I dreaded seeing us fall out of top 4 but now we have a good 3 point cushion. Its disappointing that we could have made it a 6 point or even a 4 point gap.

As much as im starting to dislike van Gaal and want him out, id hate it if we drop out of top 4.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dirtybit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by swirly)
for what its worth, I consider Manchester United to be on a level above all other English teams (and this will just be a blip in the club's long history of English domination).Manchester United is on the same breadth of club as Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and Barcelona.Which leads in to my next question. Do you think that despite all Manchester United's past success, they could fade out and become irrelevant like Liverpool?
If the club officials or management keep making foolish decision it can actually happen. The apes should have brought in one of Klopp, Pep or Mou after SAF but failed by appointing Moyes. LVG could have brought us back to a real title challenging team if he spent money wisely in the past 2 years. If they appoint Giggs after LVG now then we can easily become like Liverpool if he fails (which is most probable). With all the money and reputation we had it really wasn't a hard task to get back again but our club officials are proper morons.
scrawlx101
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i really dont want giggs taking over....
Leking9
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by scrawlx101)
i really dont want giggs taking over....
I'm sure that most people don't either, pal.
Rk2k14
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Mathematically possible to win the league.

Jus sayin.
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Mastermind`)
:teeth:
Welcome back! Long time

Luckily Spurs failed today otherwise the table heading into next weekends game wouldn't have been pretty. ESPN Reporting that United have made some attempt to talk to Pep but it's too late now I fear. City have planned for his arrival for three years, are stable, have put together a squad for his needs and the rebuilding work at united will take longer and not something he might fancy doing. He seems enamoured by the club's history, and people throw that quote from 2011 when he said he could see himself managing in this (Old Trafford) atmosphere but that was when the club had a stability about them which isn't there. Woodward is certainly no Gill so City, with its familiar faces, seems more appealing since 2011.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mastermind`
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Aky786UK)
Welcome back! Long time

Luckily Spurs failed today otherwise the table heading into next weekends game wouldn't have been pretty. ESPN Reporting that United have made some attempt to talk to Pep but it's too late now I fear. City have planned for his arrival for three years, are stable, have put together a squad for his needs and the rebuilding work at united will take longer and not something he might fancy doing. He seems enamoured by the club's history, and people throw that quote from 2011 when he said he could see himself managing in this (Old Trafford) atmosphere but that was when the club had a stability about them which isn't there. Woodward is certainly no Gill so City, with its familiar faces, seems more appealing since 2011.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cheers - it has been a while! I do miss this place but good to see some of the old legends are still around. The Working Life has just completely killed me but should be popping in more often in the coming weeks as I have time to burn.

Worrying times for LVG. The season is still salvageable but he needs to stop the rot somehow. As much of an optimistic as I am, I don't know how he can with that defence. Confidence and morale is low and the fans are turning against him. Given some of his decision-making and the things he has said, wouldn't be surprised if some of the players have also turned against him.
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Saw a mate of mine on Twitter blaming the defeat yesterday on your injuries.

You lost to Bournemouth who, in context, have lost their three best players to long-term injuries this season.
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
United vs Chelsea is going to be unbelievably ****e
difeo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Mackay)
Saw a mate of mine on Twitter blaming the defeat yesterday on your injuries.

You lost to Bournemouth who, in context, have lost their three best players to long-term injuries this season.
How long term they are is irrelevant. We had 6 of our first 11 missing
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
How long term they are is irrelevant. We had 6 of our first 11 missing
Bigger club, bigger resources. If you don't have a squad deep enough to be able to beat Bournemouth, when LVG has spent £250m in 18 months, questions need to be asked.
itsmyname
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
In
StrangerthanEleven
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Injuries can in no way whatsoever defend losing to Bournemouth. That's why you have a 25 man squad come the end of August, not 11 players.

It's a disgraceful result. End of.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
Nah not at all tbh. We're too rich and there's too much money riding on us having success, so if takes another 100m this summer and the one after then we'll spend it. Liverpool were a few years too early for that kind of money. We've got some brilliant young players and probably a top manager coming so I'm pretty confident we'll win the league within a couple of years.
Agreed not in the short term but I do wonder how it will all look in the next 20 years. Man City have been transformed from top to bottom and will always be able to match you on the money front, if not pull ahead. If Man Utd don't win a League title or CL title in the next 5 years, you could potentially see the biggest sponsors slowly move over to Man City who's global fan base will slowly continue to grow.
Jimmy Seville
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Spamming the first page is all good when you have a mod on your side I see.

Anyway

https://twitter.com/paddypower/statu...223113728?s=09
trapking
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It makes me sad that Man City actually have a decent shot of winning the CL this year.....with Aguero fit surely they can beat Dynamo Kiev and then they would face one of the winners from Benfica, Wolfsburg, Zenit or Gent.

Depressing how we aren't in the round of 16 :sad:
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Midtjylland. FFS.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (35)
18.04%
Unconditional if firmed (14)
7.22%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
1.03%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (5)
2.58%
No unconditional offers (138)
71.13%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed