Turn on thread page Beta

B903 - Military Pilot Protection Bill 2015 watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talon)
    Apart from everything before your first comma, I'm afraid pretty much the rest of what you have said isn't true. The L98A2 is identical to the L85A2 with the following exceptions: Different flash eliminator, no change lever, no automatic capability.

If you have A) properly cleaned an oiled the weapon and B) filled the magazine correctly, you are unlikely to get many stoppages. If you take a weapon out on exercise and don't clean it at all while you are out there, you cannot expect it to work properly at the end.
    The L98 cocking handle is clearly visible in this pic, it's completely different to the L85 cocking handle. It may have changed with the A2 - it's been years since I've been near a cadet rifle and they may have been A1s, I really can't remember - but if they don't still, the L98 certainly has had a different cocking handle.

image.jpeg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CurlyBen)
    The L98 cocking handle is clearly visible in this pic, it's completely different to the L85 cocking handle. It may have changed with the A2 - it's been years since I've been near a cadet rifle and they may have been A1s, I really can't remember - but if they don't still, the L98 certainly has had a different cocking handle.

image.jpeg
    I remember the old L98A1 with the cocking handle extension!

I do believe that the most recent iteration of the cadet rifle is essentially an A2 with the change lever removed and a modification to prevent full auto. So you can still fire in semi-auto/ repetition mode, which is certainly a step up from the single-shot L98A1 model!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    This has gone to a second reading.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 17, 2015
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.