B903 - Military Pilot Protection Bill 2015 Watch

This discussion is closed.
CurlyBen
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Talon)
Apart from everything before your first comma, I'm afraid pretty much the rest of what you have said isn't true. The L98A2 is identical to the L85A2 with the following exceptions: Different flash eliminator, no change lever, no automatic capability.

If you have A) properly cleaned an oiled the weapon and B) filled the magazine correctly, you are unlikely to get many stoppages. If you take a weapon out on exercise and don't clean it at all while you are out there, you cannot expect it to work properly at the end.
The L98 cocking handle is clearly visible in this pic, it's completely different to the L85 cocking handle. It may have changed with the A2 - it's been years since I've been near a cadet rifle and they may have been A1s, I really can't remember - but if they don't still, the L98 certainly has had a different cocking handle.

image.jpeg
Schleigg
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by CurlyBen)
The L98 cocking handle is clearly visible in this pic, it's completely different to the L85 cocking handle. It may have changed with the A2 - it's been years since I've been near a cadet rifle and they may have been A1s, I really can't remember - but if they don't still, the L98 certainly has had a different cocking handle.

image.jpeg
I remember the old L98A1 with the cocking handle extension!

I do believe that the most recent iteration of the cadet rifle is essentially an A2 with the change lever removed and a modification to prevent full auto. So you can still fire in semi-auto/ repetition mode, which is certainly a step up from the single-shot L98A1 model!
Birchington
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
This has gone to a second reading.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (54)
19.71%
Unconditional if firmed (22)
8.03%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
0.73%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (9)
3.28%
No unconditional offers (187)
68.25%

Watched Threads