Turn on thread page Beta

Do you think that you're a nice person? watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Most Competitive)
    (...)

What about you?
    Not at christmas time. At that **** period of a year, I am grumpy and in a bad mood til the end of that crap feast.

ReputationRep:
    Why are we nice to other people? Are we nice because we want to make other people happy for its own sake, or so that they will think positively of us?

Would you compliment another person if you knew in advance that they wouldn't say thank you or return the favour?

And then you get this Youtubers that make these videos about feeding homeless, when it's obvious that they're only doing it a) for the money and b) so that people will praise them for being a good person.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    id say everyone has the capacity to be nice, its just up to them to decide how they go about life i guess

ReputationRep:
    Idk I'd like to say yes but there are so many things I think of about people that aren't particularly nice.

But then again when we see "nice" people we never really know what goes through their mind too, so they could be just as worse.

I'd probably say I'm average and not an *******, but I'm certainly not particularly kind which is a shame.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by quasa)
    id say everyone has the capacity to be nice, its just up to them to decide how they go about life i guess
    Would rather say its up to the people around you themselves. When they are behaving like *******s, I am an ******* as well.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Would rather say its up to the people around you themselves. When they are behaving like *******s, I am an ******* as well.
    thats not always the case for everyone, i try and stick with my ideals irregardless who im with / where Im working. if anything, I would say ive had a positive influence on people lol

if anything I would say that I am a good person but I am competitive (but fair) and the competitiveness can make me seem overzealous
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by quasa)
    thats not always the case, i try and stick with my ideals irregardless who im with / where Im working. if anything, I would say ive had a positive influence on people lol
    Guess, you didn't understand me. Even a nice person may behave like an *******, when this person is treating like an one. I am speaking from experiences. Many 'nice' people were flipped out about me in the past.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if I'm nice. I don't think I am. I think most of my actions stem from selfishness tbh. Also people think I'm arrogant when I don't mean to be

(Original post by SeanFM)
    I try my best.
    You're probs one of the nicest people on TSR

(Original post by CoolCavy)
    i try to be nice to people but i am actually kind of horrible inside
    I don't think this could ever possibly be true!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'd sure like to think so!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by IFoundWonderland)
    I don't know if I'm nice. I don't think I am. I think most of my actions stem from selfishness tbh. Also people think I'm arrogant when I don't mean to be

You're probs one of the nicest people on TSR

:love:

You are pretty nice too when you aren't arguing with your teachers. Plus, some of your posts on this site make me laugh. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    no. I try to be, but I come off as a horrible person.

I try being normal, I end up being retarded and cocky.

ReputationRep:
    I'm as nice as it gets :cute:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Guess, you didn't understand me. Even a nice person may behave like an *******, when this person is treating like an one. I am speaking from experiences. Many 'nice' people were flipped out about me in the past.
    oh, yeah, i agree with you, a lot of people who are nice can be a bit conformist in crowds. heck, i myself when i was in sixth form tried being conformist and it screwed me over so I reverted back to my old self when I started uni and it helped me out a lot. in otherwords, Ive been non-conformist for over 6 years
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Tom Jickleson)
    Horrible in what sense?
    (Original post by IFoundWonderland)

see the below replies to hydeman :

cos i am quite evil, like i hate children and stuff
    the stuff bit is how i relate to people, i don't want to go into it particuarly but when people i have known have died i haven't been affected by it. that to me is pure evil
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I think I'm okay, yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am far too nice to people generally, and I get treated like a doormat.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to think I am

the stuff bit is how i relate to people, i don't want to go into it particuarly but when people i have known have died i haven't been affected by it. that to me is pure evil
    I have been unaffected by deaths in my family but I don't consider myself evil. :dontknow: Also, what you said about hating children - I'm the opposite in that I love little kids but hate anyone older.
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    I think I'm okay, yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by preetg97)
    I'd like to think I am
    you are some of the best people in the world and don't think otherwise

ReputationRep:
    No one is going to post that they're a **** person are they?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.