Should we abolish the Monarchy? Watch

Poll: Should we abolish the Monarchy?
The results of this poll are hidden until the poll closes.
gladders
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by #Whitehouse)
Your strung along what i can confirm is that the MI5 , SAS and high grading police was in that part of france at the time of death furthermore there was an order from charles to a do a job on Diana witnesses was brought and paid for and the media can not broadcast against what the govermment or monarchy tell us.
Of course. And somehow you through a little bit of googling got hold of this information and decide to post it here. You know, rather than sending it to a medium that could broadcast and publicise it. Oh, of course.

And of course the media would never publicise this kind of thing :rolleyes: you know, that media which broadcasted that Charles wants to be a tampon, or his black spider memos, or that Cameron stuck his Member of Parliament in a pig. That media would never broadcast to the public about a conspiracy theory of royal murder of a princess.

Oh wait. It did.

It's just that it's ignored because it's *******s.
Last edited by gladders; 2 years ago
#Whitehouse
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by gladders)
Of course. And somehow you through a little bit of googling got hold of this information and decide to post it here. You know, rather than sending it to a medium that could broadcast and publicise it. Oh, of course.

And of course the media would never publicise this kind of thing :rolleyes: you know, that media which broadcasted that Charles wants to be a tampon, or his black spider memos, or that Cameron stuck his Member of Parliament in a pig. That media would never broadcast to the public about a conspiracy theory of royal murder of a princess.

Oh wait. It did.

It's just that it's ignored because it's *******s.
It is not. though the queen has dodged the issue for years. http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/425...ana-death-plot
The thing is though they would not let tv programs broadcast this.
gladders
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by #Whitehouse)
It is not. though the queen has dodged the issue for years. http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/425...ana-death-plot
The thing is though they would not let tv programs broadcast this.
The Queen doesn't speak about this. She never speaks about anything, as it would be insulting to our intelligence for one thing, but also it would be out of order as a constitutional monarch.

The TV won't show it because, unlike papers, they have a reputation to consider. I'm sure the History Channel will pick it up, in between Ice Road Truckers and Did Aliens Build the Pyramids?
nick2491
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The Queen doesn't speak about this. She never speaks about anything, as it would be insulting to our intelligence for one thing, but also it would be out of order as a constitutional monarch.

The TV won't show it because, unlike papers, they have a reputation to consider. I'm sure the History Channel will pick it up, in between Ice Road Truckers and Did Aliens Build the Pyramids?
Now who's forgetting about it?

Joking aside, I'm a police officer with a psychology degree, I can't remember a single working day in the last 18 years when I haven't spoken to someone with some kind of mental problem. I'm getting a little hint of paranoid schizophrenia here, the constant flow of obsessive allegations with no connection to reality, the disordered sentence structure and lack of punctuation, concern about 'the establishment' being all controlling with amazing level of power over so many people and institutions...time to reach for the tin foil hats?
gladders
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by nick2491)
Now who's forgetting about it?
I know, I have trouble taking my own advice
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by paul514)
We put nothing into them, they pay us!

Posted from TSR Mobile
They do actually take a cut from our taxes

Posted from TSR Mobile
whorace
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by mangala)
mate ok mate mate. first of all thank u for backing up that 1bn a year in tourism claim with a more reputable source than the mirror, urself. second of all, you are a tory so you should actually commit suicide. third, leon britton.
Laughing so hard at the progression from 'thank you' to 'your a Tory commit suicide'
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Andy98)
They do actually take a cut from our taxes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope they receive an amount of money per year from parliament in return parliament gets control of the crown estate which yields much more revenue than the royals receive from parliament, and this is without talking about tourism etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
gladders
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nope they receive an amount of money per year from parliament in return parliament gets control of the crown estate which yields much more revenue than the royals receive from parliament, and this is without talking about tourism etc
Even better: the monarchy receives zero in taxes but instead takes 15% of profits from the Crown Estate, handing the remaining 85% to the Treasury.
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, and that amount comes from our taxes.
sw651
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes, and that amount comes from our taxes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But there is plenty of revenue
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by sw651)
Posted from TSR Mobile

But there is plenty of revenue
Never denied that. I just don't get the point in them other than the revenue, I mean it's not as if they're elected or even wanted - most people forget their names until one gets married. They're pretty much a less hated version of the Kardashians with power nowadays.
abruiseonthesky
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Archaic institution.
gladders
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by abruiseonthesky)
Archaic institution.
Fallacious argument.
sw651
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Never denied that. I just don't get the point in them other than the revenue, I mean it's not as if they're elected or even wanted - most people forget their names until one gets married. They're pretty much a less hated version of the Kardashians with power nowadays.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We used to be a monarchy so actually we put that family in power, our ancestors did rather. And the majority do want them. It is easily forgotten they are the Canadian, Aussie and Kiwi head of states
ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah why not.

I think there are bigger problems though. You can easily get rid of a monarchy and have a more unequal society in every possible way. See America ~~~~>
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by sw651)
Posted from TSR Mobile

We used to be a monarchy so actually we put that family in power, our ancestors did rather. And the majority do want them. It is easily forgotten they are the Canadian, Aussie and Kiwi head of states
What majority is this?
abruiseonthesky
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Fallacious argument.
I can give more reasons I think we should abolish the monarchy, I was just tired and lazy
sw651
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What majority is this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of UK citizens 80% percent approve the monarchy in the last survey
mechanicsonejune
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Keep them. She's a face to rally behind, a political figure to keep the Prime Minister in his place, a kill-switch in case the government goes haywire, and a source of income for the nation. The monarchy has been a tradition for thousands of years, and is a massively fundamental part of British culture and history. Only those who want us to become a bland, samey "progressive" society would want the monarchy gone.

God Save the Queen.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (231)
92.03%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (20)
7.97%

Watched Threads