The Student Room Group

Turkey threatens to unleash all migrants on Europe

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheArtofProtest
I really don't get how people can post such crap.

There are some users, like @BaconandSauce who think the Middle East is like some kind of rumble in the jungle, wanting to build a wall to keep the barbarians out and generally treating this like some kind of game, completely ignorant of the history, geo-political interests or just displaying a general caveman like thinking.

And there are users like @Howard and @hazzer1998 who think that every migrant/refugee is raping and killing but cannot show the corresponding million fold increase in crime rates.

I love you AoP. I love you. Thank you for all you do.
I urge some of you to actually think about this :
Original post by returnmigrant

I urge them to think about this

Shameless plug of my TSR blog but it would just be so helpful if people could think and realise how destructive what they say is.
Reply 83

Yes. And we wouldn't have had to have read her boring diary, half of which was apparently written in biro many years after the event.
Reply 84
Original post by 雷尼克
As every single group of people in history, the migrants consist of good and bad individuals. Those attacks are no more frequent on the whole as attacks by the native population, the issue was exaggerate by the media and overall youd find that very few of these migrants are actually doing it.

1000 women groped and molested in one town in one night by a refugee population. No more frequent than attack by the native population? LOL! What planet are you on?
Original post by Ethereal World
The EU desires external control of their borders at the pressure points. If they want that they actually have to do something about the situation.

They are doing little to support Turkey/similar in this crisis (save Germany and Sweden) and have been pathetically slow to up their game and sort this sh*t out.

I guess the member states are spending too much time and money on bombing, making the situation worse instead :h:

Actually EU member states (including us) have given Turkey huge amounts of money to help Turkey keep the refugees.

I also wonder why you feel Germany's and Sweden's current situations are something to aspire to. If anything we should look at them and do the exact opposite.

Your final sentence is sanctimonious drivel I'm afraid. Why are you pretending it's RAF strikes against ISIS that people are fleeing when it's actually Assad and Russian bombing along with ISIS/Jihadi groups? What's your game? Why are you so keen to point all blame and vitriol towards strikes against ISIS (which have had hardly any civilian casualties if any at all due to the precision weaponry the RAF use) instead of the indiscriminate mass bombing against innocent people conducted by Assad and Russia? It looks like you have a pretty wacked out agenda here.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 86
I urge them to think about this

Shameless plug of my TSR blog but it would just be so helpful if people could think and realise how destructive what they say is.

This guy had to escape Syria for fear of an arrest by the fashion police. That's a suit worthy of Ben Elton circa 1984.
Original post by KimKallstrom
Actually EU member states (including us) have given Turkey huge amounts of money to help Turkey keep the refugees.

I also wonder why you feel Germany's and Sweden's current situations are something to aspire to. If anything we should look at them and do the exact opposite.

We've given a lot of money but not half as much as is needed and the aid has been cut. We aren't giving them enough money for turkey to assimilate them into society and thus they still want to come here.

Saying that we've left it all to Germany and Sweden alone is not the same as saying that their situations are something to aspire to. Quite the opposite. But as I've said many times before, their situations should not be cause to 'close the borders' it should be a wake up call to Europe that this crisis needs money and it needs strategy and it needs co-operation across Europe if we want to gain control over the borders.
Original post by Howard
This guy had to escape Syria for fear of an arrest by the fashion police. That's a suit worthy of Ben Elton circa 1984.

Yeah. Cause this situation is hilarious. :rofl:

Spoiler

Reply 89
Yeah. Cause this situation is hilarious. :rofl:

Spoiler

Makes me laugh anyway. I just couldn't GAF really.
Original post by Howard
Makes me laugh anyway. I just couldn't GAF really.

Well maybe you should become a psychopathic dictator :h:
Reply 91
We've given a lot of money but not half as much as is needed and the aid has been cut. We aren't giving them enough money for turkey to assimilate them into society and thus they still want to come here.

Saying that we've left it all to Germany and Sweden alone is not the same as saying that their situations are something to aspire to. Quite the opposite. But as I've said many times before, their situations should not be cause to 'close the borders' it should be a wake up call to Europe that this crisis needs money and it needs strategy and it needs co-operation across Europe if we want to gain control over the borders.

On a scale of one to ten you score an 11 for naivety. Is that really your solution? Throw billions of European taxpayers money at Turkey in the hope that these so-called refugees will decide to stay there rather than continue their journeys to places like Germany?

Why don't you stop thinking so hard about this and go do some colouring in instead?
Original post by Howard
On a scale of one to ten you score an 11 for naivety. Is that really your solution? Throw billions of European taxpayers money at Turkey in the hope that these so-called refugees will decide to stay there rather than continue their journeys to places like Germany?

Why don't you stop thinking so hard about this and go do some colouring in instead?

Thank you for your kind words. I don't think it's a case of throwing money at turkey senselessly. It's a case of working out a plan across Europe to get a handle on this and that will require a lot of money. Why are you (presumably) so happy to spend 'taxpayers' money on bombing Syria and Iraq but not happy to spend it on sorting out any of the other aspects of the effort needed to really control this situation ? You are naive for thinking military action alone is sufficient.

This is actually what I propose:

migrant crisis solution

It would be great if you could read it and have a discussion rather than laughing at genuine helpless refugees, calling me naive and telling me I'm stupid?

You haven't even thought about this. Well you're thinking about it in a omg this is the immediate problem and here's an amazingly simple solution. THAT is naive. This issue requires thinking, strategy, money and empathy.

Do you fear growth of ISIS and their terrorist activities being a threat to our daily lives? If you do then rethink everything.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BaconandSauce
And there you go I disagree with you so this is your reply

I'm an extremist for thinking they should sort this out for themselves I suppose that's OK but I won't be crucifying people over it any time soon.

But word of advice if you shout people down as you do then you have no one to blame but yourself when people do turn to idiots like Trump.

I've said all along it's your kind of attitude that is doing wonders for the far right in Europe.

It's true. People like her are the reason groups like Britain First exist.

Are you actually comparing the threat against the Jews in Europe (ie extermination in the Holocaust) to that of these migrants (vast majority blokes leaving their wives and children behind) who are already mostly out of Syria and living in Turkey/Lebanon etc? That's the Syrians.........half of these guys aren't even Syrian!

What's wrong with you? You're trivialising the Holocaust by comparing this situation of people already out of the danger in Syria to the horrors faced by millions of Jews, Gypsies, disabled etc who were getting exterminated. You shouldn't try to use actual genocides to manipulate people like that to further your social justice warrior agenda like that. It's vile.
Reply 95
Original post by 雷尼克
You don't understand, I'm talking about the bigger picture. The media exaggerated the incident, and more domestic rapes or sexual assaults occur every day compared to those with migrants.

Since there are many more natives than refugees so you'd expect them to be the cause of more assaults wouldn't you?

We're talking per capita, not aggregate numbers.
Reply 96
Are you actually comparing the threat against the Jews in Europe (ie extermination in the Holocaust) to that of these migrants (vast majority blokes leaving their wives and children behind) who are already mostly out of Syria and living in Turkey/Lebanon etc? That's the Syrians.........half of these guys aren't even Syrian!

What's wrong with you? You're trivialising the Holocaust by comparing this situation of people already out of the danger in Syria to the horrors faced by millions of Jews, Gypsies, disabled etc who were getting exterminated. You shouldn't try to use actual genocides to manipulate people like that to further your social justice warrior agenda like that. It's vile.

I saw a guy on TV the other day (in Sweden) complaining that he might not get to see his kid for a couple of years. I mean, why would leave his wife and four year old son behind? the truth is this guy is no more a refugee fleeing war or persecution than I am. He's trying to find a foothold in a cushy country.
Reply 97
Thank you for your kind words. I don't think it's a case of throwing money at turkey senselessly. It's a case of working out a plan across Europe to get a handle on this and that will require a lot of money. Why are you (presumably) so happy to spend 'taxpayers' money on bombing Syria and Iraq but not happy to spend it on sorting out any of the other aspects of the effort needed to really control this situation ? You are naive for thinking military action alone is sufficient.

You presume too much.
It's true. People like her are the reason groups like Britain First exist.

That's so deluded and unfounded. People like you are the reason it exists. If there were no people that thought like britain first then there would be no Britain first.

If you're saying that people like me are the people that have let the migrants in and this has caused Britain first to come about as a result then you are of the same mentality of Britain first. Which is where my point about being similar to extemists comes in.

And thanks for not bothering to reply to my response as that tells me everything :h:
Original post by Howard
You presume too much.

Well what do you think about military action in its current format? Tell me.

Did you even read my post that I linked ? Do you not have anything to say in response. I presumed correctly in this respect.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending