Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is it weird to not wear pyjamas at home? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowbex)
    That guy looks so uncomoftable. Tbh, I go to bed for a nap pretty frequently when I get home from Work and usually wanna get out of work clothes pretty sharpish, but will chill in PJs most of the time, generally don't wear proper clothes unless I have to.
    Which guy? I don't understand

(Original post by Trapz99)
    Basically at home I live with my parents and my older bro. My parents wear old clothes at home.

When I get home, I usually take off my outside clothes and stay in my boxers and my bro does the same. We don't have pyjamas because my parents said that there's no point wearing them since we're not little kids or anything and we never really cared much about it. But my friends all wear them and think it's a bit unusual. Is this really the case? I always though that there was no point.

Btw, the ones I wear are like these ones but not as tight (people keep posting about the issue of your **** hanging out but as you can see it's not true): http://www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0197071022.html
    i would only walk around in boxers if I'm wearing the baggy comfy ones. I mostly wear pants instead of boxers and would never walk around in them, I always wear football shorts at home to chill. those boxers look really uncomfortable and way too tight to be just wearing them infront of others

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i would only walk around in boxers if I'm wearing the baggy comfy ones. I mostly wear pants instead of boxers and would never walk around in them, I always wear football shorts at home to chill. those boxers look really uncomfortable and way too tight to be just wearing them infront of others
    The ones I have aren't as tight as the ones in the link- they are more like shorts. Besides, my parents don't find it uncomfortable cos they're the ones telling me to wear them anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Nice username
    Get used to it, I'm famous round these endz of the internet

ReputationRep:
    Pants are way worse than boxers for tightness lol

ReputationRep:
    I generally don't wear pj's, I will occasionally wear a night dress around the house if not then a full slip generally during the cold weather but in summer when is warm then either slips

ReputationRep:
    Which guy? I don't understand
    I think she means the guy in the link you posted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoping4thebest)
    I think she means the guy in the link you posted.
    Oh
    Well, maybe that wasn't the most accurate picture. Mine aren't that tight and they have buttons on them lol

(Original post by RomanKing)
    I think most guys stay in the underwear.

And I think girls look hot when they wear pyjamas.
    And they don't when they're in underwear??

ReputationRep:
    Basically at home I live with my parents and my older bro. My parents wear old clothes at home.

When I get home, I usually take off my outside clothes and stay in my boxers and my bro does the same. We don't have pyjamas because my parents said that there's no point wearing them since we're not little kids or anything and we never really cared much about it. But my friends all wear them and think it's a bit unusual. Is this really the case? I always though that there was no point.

Btw, the ones I wear are like these ones but not as tight (people keep posting about the issue of your **** hanging out but as you can see it's not true): http://www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0197071022.html
    its fine. ur at home not at a strangers house. i see no problem

ReputationRep:
    Just normal t shirts and tracksuit bottoms that are too old or unfashionable to wear outside. It is kinda awkward but my parents think there's no need to buy any PJs because we're guys so there's no real need to wear much at home, so me and my bro are in boxers whenever we're at home. In the winter I'll sometimes put on some thick trousers and even that is seen as a bit weird by my parents
    Why not wear a t shirt instead? It will keep you warmer than trousers
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Lucky guy I have to be in boxers as soon as I get horm
    Why?

(Original post by Andy98)
    Why?
    Lol sorry for the late reply

Basically, my parents just think that there's no point in guys wearing much at home. They think that it will help us to be more masculine and strong if we stay in boxer shorts (and trousers if in the winter). I'm not forced to stay in boxers but it's just expected for me to not wear anything more. Besides, I don't have pyjamas anyway.

ReputationRep:

Basically, my parents just think that there's no point in guys wearing much at home. They think that it will help us to be more masculine and strong if we stay in boxer shorts (and trousers if in the winter). I'm not forced to stay in boxers but it's just expected for me to not wear anything more. Besides, I don't have pyjamas anyway.
    This was me by the way, not anonymous.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    That's odd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    That's odd
    ^This

ReputationRep:

Pretty weird I have to say. I usually wear shorts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sayed0123)
    Why not wear a t shirt instead? It will keep you warmer than trousers
    Lol why am i still watching this thread..

ReputationRep:
    It's not weird at all. At the end of the day, you can wear what ya want in your own house.

After school, I always get changed into just boxers and pyjama trousers, then sometimes I put on a t-shirt for when I take myself bedward. Other times, I'll put on a top and normal jogging trousers (or whatever they're called- I've never understood my mother's slang), and that allows me to walk around more or less freely and comfortably.

But no it's not weird.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladbants)
    Pretty weird I have to say. I usually wear shorts.
    If you're just wearing shorts, why is wearing boxers weird? It's basically the same as wearing shorts.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.