Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leukocyte)
    Lol okay 27 y/o.
    Why you comparing the hat with the headscarf? You trying to say I ain't getting a job if I wear the hijab. Dream on mate. I have a job and also got accepted, the others did not (those who were showing their lovely hair!) How do you explain this?
    How do I know?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, sure you do mate. Carry on googling images.
    you okay, buddy? you seem stressed

(Original post by HAnwar)
    It is compulsory to cover the head in Islam.
    I don't believe that it is compulsory. The main idea is modesty and that doesn't necessarily mean covering your hair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AccountingBabe)
    The problem lies in that if a Muslim can wear that then a non Muslim should be allowed to choose to wear flip flops because they have bunions or w/e due to medical reasons but there is no way in hell that would happen. They wouldn't be taken seriously just like a person wearing something on their head won't be taken seriously by some.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think comparing medical reasons to religious reasons is appropriate. Medical reasons are beyond our control, whereas religious garments are an expression of faith.

ReputationRep:
    I would get the job and probably overtake them in a few years....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hahahah, righty-o, my dear. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    How do I know?
    Well next time try not to be a big head and say they will tell you to "remove it".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    you okay, buddy? you seem stressed
    Nah I'm fine thanks.
    You feel sleepy, eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alana_p)
    Youre not giving 'constructive criticism' youre spreading hate. If you wanted to give it you would be asking people with experience if they feel that wearing it has had an impact, not constantly saying that it's unprofessional. 'Everyone' knows this...as ive said, never heard about it pal, so it certainly isn't 'everyone'. What if the person interviewing you for a big top notch, well paying, dream job was wearing a hijab, what would you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    http://emilypost.com/advice/hats-off...-for-everyone/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire_and_ice)
    I don't think comparing medical reasons to religious reasons is appropriate. Medical reasons are beyond our control, whereas religious garments are an expression of faith.
    That's exactly my point though.... Two people applying for a job and one has to wear flip flops due to medical reasons and the other is normal and they both are level on experience and education who do you think they will choose??

Muslims shouldn't be allowed to wear unprofessional attire when others aren't allowed to do the same without ridicule.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well next time try not to be a big head and say they will tell you to "remove it".
    What kind of job it is?

ReputationRep:
    Nah I'm fine thanks.
    You feel sleepy, eh?
    yeah kinda - energy drinks are helping out though

ReputationRep:
    Aye well it's all good being like "here! All of these other people know about it!" But i dont and a lot of other people dont.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's exactly my point though.... Two people applying for a job and one has to wear flip flops due to medical reasons and the other is normal and they both are level on experience and education who do you think they will choose??

Muslims shouldn't be allowed to wear unprofessional attire when others aren't allowed to do the same without ridicule.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exactly. The fact that some people cannot comprehend that is beyond me.

ReputationRep:
    Aye well it's all good being like "here! All of these other people know about it!" But i dont and a lot of other people dont.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you have had a proper education, you should have heard about it.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You probably haven't been in a professional position before then or done any research on interview etiquette.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    What kind of job it is?
    I work at the hospital (part-time) to teach the young kids who are in the Oncology ward.

ReputationRep:
    I work at the hospital (part-time) to teach the young kids who are in the Oncology ward.
    ....ok that's not even a professional attire business but ok....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    If you have had a proper education, you should have heard about it.
    What education did you have, mate? My school must of not been updated that the curriculum teaches hatred. I think youve went to a pooey school (sorry, is that vulgar offensive for you as well) if they force opinions down your throat.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ....ok that's not even a professional attire business but ok....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    wow you sheep.

ReputationRep:
    wow you sheep.
    Baa

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.