Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do/don't you use your own face as a profile picture on TSR? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    Precisely - and I don't think anyone is that interested, strangely enough!

I take it you're on a new account now.
    No, same account I have always used, same name as well. They never found out my name. They just found out my university (easy one) and the position I held on the SU. That was all they needed to make a complaint to the university.

ReputationRep:
    I'm to pretty for that...wouldn't want to be getting reps for the wrong reasons

ReputationRep:
    idk i thought why not

*refer to profile pic*
    ohhhhh...:getmecoat:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    acupofgreentea I believe was the one that said I used my profile pic as an answer

Also I have no good selfie lighting soooooooooooooo....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    too hot
    hot damn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    No, same account I have always used, same name as well. They never found out my name. They just found out my university (easy one) and the position I held on the SU. That was all they needed to make a complaint to the university.
    Yeah, that's pretty identifying. I don't even post the sector in which I now work.

Was the complaint about something legitimately wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    Yeah, that's pretty identifying. I don't even post the sector in which I now work.

Was the complaint about something legitimately wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I post the sector but not the company, surveying is pretty big world to find someone, it isn't very niche.

Not really, they disagreed with my opinion on a subject which I shouldn't have been commenting on with the politically sensitive nature of my role in the SU.

ReputationRep:
    because girls be getting wet and UK just got over one flood

ReputationRep:
    I'm black, these white girls would go nuts

(Original post by alexschmalex)
    I second this.

ReputationRep:
    Because a lot of the views I have are offensive to most of the world's rather deluded population. I hate all religions, feminism and stupidity in general. I hold the principles of logic and reason above all else. Theists, feminists and other movements with double standards hate me for it because these principles disprove every religion, the modern feminist ideals and highlight just how thick people can be. If I were to use my face as my profile picture I'd probably be attacked in real life by some butt-hurt christian/feminist. At the very least I'd have idiots writing to my employers to get me fired :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Does your neck beard really need attention?
    It likes to feel euphoric

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexschmalex)
    Actually, the only people who care whether you're white/black/any other color are the idiots out there. Ignore them, they're not worth your time/thoughts. Please don't generalize about white people like that though because you're completely mistaken. In fact, such things count as racism against white people depending on how you look at it. It's time we all stopped using words like "gringo" and "white boy/girl" (which are in fact of equal severity to the n-word in terms of how racist they are, but due to double standards if I spelled that word out in full it'd receive a huge backlash) and overlook petty notions that skin color determines anything about the person other than their race.

ReputationRep:
    I like to use Zendaya's face because it's visually appealing. It allows me greater anonymity especially because I've had people I know IRL come to me and tell me they've seen my TSR posts :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GUMI)
    Just wondering.
    I use my real face >_<

ReputationRep:
    Will make everybody too jealous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KyleBroflovski)
    Argh, zendaya looks f***ing horrible, idk why she's put on a pedestal
    You're entitled to your own opinion. I think she looks amazing :love:

ReputationRep:
    Because the girl in my profile picture (Kerry Washington as OLIVIA POPE) is everything I want to be!!!!

Queen^

ReputationRep:
    it would ruin my douchey mysterious internet persona

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    stupid jew
    We don't need another one of your gay speeches kyle
    shut the F*** up cartman!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.