Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoMilkSheikh)
    Anyone got any predictions for the 14(a) and 14(b) ones about cinema directors... They're always about individuality from what I see...
    Individuality has come up a lot so I don't think it will come up again this year. I'm thinking techniques, success or 'obra significativa' as they don't seem to have come up in a while

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnitaaaAlice)
    ok thank you there's just that little bit of fear in me that they might both not be great questions but i guess they're normally pretty general. Just wanted to know if others are doing it to!
    I don't do Spanish but I do French and German aha.

Just to reassure you, i did exactly the same in French today - I only prepared for one of my cultural topics (the film/director) and both of the questions were manageable!! It should be absolutely fine

ReputationRep:
    is anyone doing an essay on 'El Laberinto del Fauno?'

I'm aiming for no less than 98 marks total for the whole paper - speaking was not as good as i hoped maybe a low A if I'm lucky

I'm hoping I can get A* - AS was close to 90%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ep122)

I'm aiming for no less than 98 marks total for the whole paper - speaking was not as good as i hoped maybe a low A if I'm lucky

Yeah i'm doing that film

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nelizabeth_)
    Individuality has come up a lot so I don't think it will come up again this year. I'm thinking techniques, success or 'obra significativa' as they don't seem to have come up in a while
    But I guess you can use success and 'Obra significativa" for the individuality of Guillermo still. You can say through his individuality he gained success.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La_magicienne)
    I don't do Spanish but I do French and German aha.

Just to reassure you, i did exactly the same in French today - I only prepared for one of my cultural topics (the film/director) and both of the questions were manageable!! It should be absolutely fine
    ok that's great, thank you very much for letting me know!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnitaaaAlice)
    ok that's great, thank you very much for letting me know!!
    No problem I wanted to know the exact same thing before my French and thought i was taking a massive risk only preparing for one cultural topic, but it was fine!

Buena suerte!!! (Yes i did have to look that up, haha)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ep122)

I'm doing it

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing La Casa de Bernarda Alba?
    Or got any predictions for the dramaturgo question?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the mark schemes, past papers and audio files for june 2010 and before? I can't find them anywhere and its so annoying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eleanor27)
    Im doing La Casa de Bernarda Alba, maybe techniques? I'm not sure if that has come up or how long ago? Symbolism? Themes always seem to come up!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, does anybody have the mark scheme to the 2011 June paper ?? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any online documents for translations please?? Thanks!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eleanor27)
    I'm doing La Casa too and have a feeling it will be something like ideas/messages or techniques

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else doing Volver???

And how is everyone revising for translation??

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing La casa de Bernarda Alba and El Laberinto Del Fauno,
    Think play questions could be what relevance its messages have today and the analysis of 1/2 particular scenes
    Film I'm thinking there could be influences on the director and again a scene question, or something about symbolism, it always comes up for the plays but I don't see why it couldn't for films

ReputationRep:
    Do you think it is good to add personal reactions in the conclusion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoMilkSheikh)
    Do you think it is good to add personal reactions in the conclusion?
    In the examiners report it stated that the best answers were those that gave personal evaluation so yes i would say so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toby007)
    I'm doing La casa de Bernarda Alba and El Laberinto Del Fauno,
    Think play questions could be what relevance its messages have today and the analysis of 1/2 particular scenes
    Film I'm thinking there could be influences on the director and again a scene question, or something about symbolism, it always comes up for the plays but I don't see why it couldn't for films
    What makes you think influences on director will come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarrietLGH98)
    Anyone else doing Volver???

And how is everyone revising for translation??
    For translation I'm just doing all the past papers and making sure I've revised all the grammar and key phrases & I'm doing Volver

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.