Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Should tackling in Rugby be banned in schools? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    People itt need to google CTE and American football to understand why the ban is being suggested

ReputationRep:
    no then our country is just going to raise a bunch of pussys then what happens when we get attacked we have no-one to defend us and we just get run down by infidels and the motherf***ers in brussels who want to control us and just use us to make them money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    :nothing:
    ...I don't even know what you're trying to say now - you honestly think my spelling/grammar is bad? :| quote me being bad at spelling/grammar in that case

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    ...I don't even know what you're trying to say now - you honestly think my spelling/grammar is bad? :| quote me being bad at spelling/grammar in that case
    Literally all your quotes have bad grammar because capital letters are things that exist in the English language.

ReputationRep:
    Literally all your quotes have bad grammar because capital letters are things that exist in the English language.
    lol you're resorting to capitals on an internet forum :lol: **** that. can you not mention anything of substance?

ReputationRep:
    lol you're resorting to capitals on an internet forum :lol: **** that. can you not mention anything of substance?
    I made one throwaway comment, you've been the one trying to get into an argument about it.

ReputationRep:
    I made one throwaway comment, you've been the one trying to get into an argument about it.
    so what you're saying is that you were wrong

ReputationRep:
    so what you're saying is that you were wrong
    I think that this interpretation of my post is more evidence that none of the lessons you had in school really worked.

ReputationRep:
    I think that this interpretation of my post is more evidence that none of the lessons you had in school really worked.
    how do you figure?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    here's an idea: ban rugby altogether

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    Head protection will only worsen things, not help. Head protection encourages more forceful and wreckless hits and does not prevent concussion or the repeated buildup of small impacts
    Surely kids under the age of 13 aren't as reckless though? I think over the age of 13 that might be an issue but not under?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damien96)
    Surely kids under the age of 13 aren't as reckless though? I think over the age of 13 that might be an issue but not under?
    Im not sure tbh. I know a lot of the concern with your under 13's group is the size of kids these days aswell. My understanding is that its not just solely protecting the skull so to speak, its the repeated trauma of hits that build up.

For example if you got rear ended by a car at 25mph you likely will be ok. If it happened repeatedly you would be at risk of CTE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    Im not sure tbh. I know a lot of the concern with your under 13's group is the size of kids these days aswell. My understanding is that its not just solely protecting the skull so to speak, its the repeated trauma of hits that build up.

For example if you got rear ended by a car at 25mph you likely will be ok. If it happened repeatedly you would be at risk of CTE
    There are many overweight kids. I reckon some of them could take me out (Knock me out, not on a date).

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.