The Student Room Group

Anti Semitism does not help Palestine

Scroll to see replies

Original post by queen-bee
But I didn't realise Israel was an ultra religious state?

It isn't, the majority of government is secular, as are many Israelis. Marriage is one of the few areas in which the Chief Rabbinate has the authority to rule on.
anti semitism like all forms of racism helps nobody both its perpetrators and its victims.
Original post by Damien96
The majority of Israel's critics kept their mouth's shut until it became socially acceptable. This is self-righteous moral cowardice.

However, Israel has lost the propaganda war because it shut down any criticism of it with cries of racism for decades, a mistake Muslims seem determined to repeat.

None of this helps anyone, least of all Palestinians.

The fact is, the majority of people are not anti-semetic just because of what Israel is doing to palestine
Original post by Foo.mp3
1) Perhaps you're aware of what happened the last time Arab armies prepared to strike Israel

2) Can you give me some concrete recent examples of Israel 'causing trouble' outside it's operational area, unprovoked, in recent times?

3) What makes you think that Jews wouldn't cause trouble with those nations/people if they all had to exodus their 'homeland'?

1) I'm guessing you aren't aware what happened the last time arab armies prepared to strike Israel, because your link takes me to the six days war, which preceded the Yom Kippur War by several years :h: And I never said that they would defeat Israel, I said they'd cause trouble. Pretty sure war, irrespective of who wins, counts as trouble.

2) I'd argue that the blockade of palestine fulfills that criterion. I actually don't have an issue with Israel's military responses, I don't buy the 'unreasonable response' argument. But the blockade is something I most definitely disagree with, and I'd say causes trouble unprovoked. Unlawful settlements on the West Bank are another example.

3) I haven't the foggiest what they'd do. But given as it's a totally ludicrous hypothetical, I don't really see the relevance?
Original post by Foo.mp3
1) Perhaps you're aware of what happened the last time Arab armies prepared to strike Israel

2) Can you give me any concrete recent examples of Israel 'causing (serious) trouble' outside it's operational area, unprovoked?

3) What makes you think that Jews wouldn't cause trouble with those nations/people if they all had to engage in an Israeli exodus?

Think you meant to say arse*

Many Palestinians living in-situ are (understandably) sad. The vast majority of pro-Palestinians you talk to/meet outside of the affected region are, contrarily, perhaps better described as angry/hostile*

Pretty sure you'd have heard it often enough if only you'd been willing to listen. No side is without blame in the conflict (UK included), and for me the weight of responsibility falls mostly on the Israeli side (I'm thinking evictions/settlements in particular), but I keep an unprejudiced open mind and you would do well to do the same, if you are to find the path to self-mastery and enlightenment, habibti

Maybe a few hundred years from now, when the dust from the coming regional (possibly global) conflict has settled

Additional problem: assassination of (relative) moderates/progressives (Rabin, Arafat etc)

I always keep an unprejudiced mind too honey,but I've never come across any Israeli who is willing to sit down and talk to me at length about the whole situation. I'm willing to listen.
Understandably so. Some of these people have family or relatives who are living in fear of their lives being taken away,so I understand why it's such a heated topic
Original post by al_94
The ultra zionist/Jewish neocons want to be hated

I love how you believe the Jewish conspiracy also doubles up as a BDSM fetish.
Original post by al_94
The ultra zionist/Jewish neocons want to be hated

Reported.
Original post by queen-bee
Why are you quoting me when I'm not even corresponding with you? Foo asked me a question,I answered it. If you want to cry about it,go cry to someone else

I can do whatever I want. Unlike your precious Syria where I would be killed for speaking my mind.
According to lowkey, Starbucks and M&S are parts of the Jewish conspiracy as well

Whenever I see a middle class old lady or a hipster stopping for a drink, I instantly think they are undercover Mossad agents come to steal my shoes

Explains the beard :sly:
Reply 90
Jews always pull the Anti-Semite card and people ignore what Jews have done to other people that caused them to be disliked around the entire world yes including Germany people ignore what pre-Nazi Germany was like the Jews were a small minority of oligarch's just as they are in the West today who were highly represented, own the media, banks etc...

Stop buying into their Holohoax victim **** 6 million Jews did not die, not even 1 million Jews died.

death toll.jpg

Official death toll from the red cross. Red cross inspected German camps throughout war and came under fire for it because of course it kind of debunks them being used for extermination..

The Jews are great liars...
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 91
The Jews are the biggest racists on earth they literally wrote the book on racism going back to the curse of hum that says Blacks were cursed with dark skin. Go look up the amount of racism the Talmud contains even justifying murder and stealing of non-Jews. Jews are not a religion, they are a people, a race. The only times the Jews are anti-racist is when they're anti-White which is why they push immigration that destroys our populations.

We need to break free from this Jewish control over our countries and turn against Israel. The Jewish people deserve no tolerance they've been milking their Holocaust for far too long and robbing Germany blind with reparations when by the way Jews make such a small minority yet many of the worlds rich are Jews!

Why can't we talk of Jewish racism for a change?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Foo.mp3
As you may be aware, when it came to the later they didn't just prepare to strike, they struck, and struck first. In this day and age you better believe Israel will know what's going down before much of any Arab army's military command do!

Pretty sure you have to prepare to strike, in order to be able to strike! My point was simply that the six days war was not the last time arab nations prepared to attack Israel.

Original post by Foo.mp3
Indeed not, what I was getting at was that Israel isn't terribly concerned about those countries getting hot and bothered (excepting Iran) - not least because all three are in a state of disarray after the Arab Spring, and Egypt remains at the beck and call of the USA (and hence Israel, by proxy)

I think if there's anything the likes of al-qaeda, the taliban and hamas have proven, it's that it doesn't require a national army to cause problems.

Original post by Foo.mp3
True, but you'd perhaps be surprised how blasé some of the Israeli military establishment are about IDF et al flexing their muscles/keeping their eye in from time to time

Perhaps, but the Israeli military being forced to go and kill arabs every so often isn't exactly good for peace in the middle east.

Original post by Foo.mp3
Unacceptable given: A) The parameters of challenge set; B) The legitimate claim of self-defence e.g. I’m old enough to remember what life was like for Israelis prior to the wall going up (trust me, it wasn’t unprovoked, they had to face random death and destruction [cumulatively] on the same scale as the Paris attacks in major cities year in year out). Also, a neutral can see the sense in containing the capacity of a terror-state (Hamas), that refuses to renounce terrorism, to materially aid and orchestrate terror attacks from relevant territories

I'm not talking about the building of the wall. I'm talking about the strict control of what gets into palestine, specifically controlling the amount of calories that get into palestine to try and keep the people sufficiently weak that they cannot cause trouble. I find this pretty hard to justify, especially as common sense will tell you that no doubt the hamas fighters are plenty fed, so all it really does is keep those palestinians with no active part in the fighting starved.

Original post by Foo.mp3
Arguably within it’s operational area

I'd be very interested to hear your argument for why Israeli appropriation of palestinian land is within its operational area, cause it's an argument that escapes not just me but damn near every other country in the world - and I think we all know that the USA is hardly objective on the matter.

Original post by Foo.mp3
The hypotheticals under discussion are all a little far fetched, are they not? :dontknow:

Which was rather my point; that I don't see any prospect of peace between Israel and her arab neighbours.
Reply 93
Original post by LulWot
Jews always pull the Anti-Semite card and people ignore what Jews have done to other people that caused them to be disliked around the entire world yes including Germany people ignore what pre-Nazi Germany was like the Jews were a small minority of oligarch's just as they are in the West today who were highly represented, own the media, banks etc...

Stop buying into their Holohoax victim **** 6 million Jews did not die, not even 1 million Jews died.

death toll.jpg

Official death toll from the red cross. Red cross inspected German camps throughout war and came under fire for it because of course it kind of debunks them being used for extermination..

The Jews are great liars...

And we have now come full circle, back to the original point and the satirical link.

http://thesatedire.com/business/anti-semitic-foil-headwear-to-be-patented/
Original post by Cato the Elder
I can do whatever I want. Unlike your precious Syria where I would be killed for speaking my mind.

Don't be so bitter,darling. Hatred doesn't look good on anybody.
Original post by Foo.mp3
As you may be aware, when it came to the later they didn't just prepare to strike, they struck, and struck first. In this day and age you better believe Israel will know what's going down before much of any Arab army's military command do!

Indeed not, what I was getting at was that Israel isn't terribly concerned about those countries getting hot and bothered (excepting Iran) - not least because all three are in a state of disarray after the Arab Spring, and Egypt remains at the beck and call of the USA (and hence Israel, by proxy)

True, but you'd perhaps be surprised how blasé some of the Israeli military establishment are about IDF et al flexing their muscles/keeping their eye in from time to time

Unacceptable given: A) The parameters of challenge set; B) The legitimate claim of self-defence e.g. I’m old enough to remember what life was like for Israelis prior to the wall going up (trust me, it wasn’t unprovoked, they had to face random death and destruction [cumulatively] on the same scale as the Paris attacks in major cities year in year out). Also, a neutral can see the sense in containing the capacity of a terror-state (Hamas), that refuses to renounce terrorism, to materially aid and orchestrate terror attacks from relevant territories

Arguably within it’s operational area

The hypotheticals under discussion are all a little far fetched, are they not? :dontknow:

Good :smile:

Ofcourse I understand. I always think about the poor Palestinian children who live in Gaza,especially when Israel start their ground invasions. Omg wallah my heart break when I heard about those 4 Palestinian boys who were purposefully shot dead by Israeli soldiers on the beach

Thanks for pro-Palestinian source. :cool:

"Institute for Middle East Understanding (IMEU) is a 501(c)(3) pro-Palestinian[1] non-profit organisation"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institute_for_Middle_East_Understanding
Original post by admonit
Thanks for pro-Palestinian source. :cool:

"Institute for Middle East Understanding (IMEU) is a 501(c)(3) pro-Palestinian[1] non-profit organisation"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institute_for_Middle_East_Understanding

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-palestinians-israel-gaza-idUSBRE89G0NM20121017
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-19975211
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/18/world/middleeast/israel-counted-calories-needed-for-gazans-in-blockade.html?_r=0
http://www.thenational.ae/news/world/middle-east/israel-counted-palestinians-calorie-needs-during-gaza-blockade

If you google 'Palestine blockade calorie calculation' you'll see it being reported on by a hundred and one different groups. A Supreme Court ruling forced the Israeli government to reveal the details of this a few years back. I'm not anti-Israel by any means, but pretending Israel is whiter than white isn't realistic either.
Original post by Luke Kostanjsek
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-palestinians-israel-gaza-idUSBRE89G0NM20121017
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-19975211
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/18/world/middleeast/israel-counted-calories-needed-for-gazans-in-blockade.html?_r=0
http://www.thenational.ae/news/world/middle-east/israel-counted-palestinians-calorie-needs-during-gaza-blockade

If you google 'Palestine blockade calorie calculation' you'll see it being reported on by a hundred and one different groups. A Supreme Court ruling forced the Israeli government to reveal the details of this a few years back. I'm not anti-Israel by any means, but pretending Israel is whiter than white isn't realistic either.

Let's take the first article:http://www.reuters.com/article/us-palestinians-israel-gaza-idUSBRE89G0NM20121017

'Israel calculated the number of calories Palestinians would need to avoid malnutrition under its blockade of the Gaza Strip'
'The study, "Food Consumption in the Gaza Strip - The Red Lines", estimated the required daily calorie intake in the territory at 2,279 per person'
'The calorie calculation was based on a model formulated by Israel's Health Ministry and was largely in line with average Israeli consumption. According to Britain's National Health Service, the average man needs 2,500 calories to maintain his weight and a woman requires 2,000.'

And? What criminal is in this research?
Original post by admonit
Let's take the first article:http://www.reuters.com/article/us-palestinians-israel-gaza-idUSBRE89G0NM20121017

'Israel calculated the number of calories Palestinians would need to avoid malnutrition under its blockade of the Gaza Strip'
'The study, "Food Consumption in the Gaza Strip - The Red Lines", estimated the required daily calorie intake in the territory at 2,279 per person'
'The calorie calculation was based on a model formulated by Israel's Health Ministry and was largely in line with average Israeli consumption. According to Britain's National Health Service, the average man needs 2,500 calories to maintain his weight and a woman requires 2,000.'

And? What criminal is in this research?

I think it'd be naive in the extreme to suppose this research wasn't done with the sole interest of calculating how much food to allow to enter palestine. Especially considering the leak around this time where an Israeli official told the US government that they were actively trying to keep palestine 'on the verge of economic collapse'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending