Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OddFuturez)
    what subjects does everyone do? I do bio, English lit, history and latin.
    Woah sound like tough a levels. I do Bio, chem, maths and psychology

ReputationRep:
    Maths, Further Maths, Biology and Chemistry

ReputationRep:
    Yikes, I do bio, psychology and maths

ReputationRep:
    Thanks the more people who do maths Chem and bio give me more hope that it's possible to grasp biology!

ReputationRep:
    I need more help grasping chemistry😫😂

ReputationRep:
    Geography and German, sitting AS chem next year

ReputationRep:
    Lol I bet we'll know the course inside out by the time of the exam but they'll throw in 25 marks worth of unit 1 scheiss and the rest of the marks on one topic alone I hate our government so so so much for this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImagineCats)
    Lol I bet we'll know the course inside out by the time of the exam but they'll throw in 25 marks worth of unit 1 scheiss and the rest of the marks on one topic alone I hate our government so so so much for this
    Oh i hope not...

And i agree! Why couldn't the government have just implemented the new A-levels all at one point, rather than doing it too early in a way which confuses absolutely everyone :/

(Original post by plower)
    You guys know what kind of statistical calculations we need to know?? T-test? Chisquared, spearmans rho??
    Simpson's Index (Biodiversity)
    Standard deviation (Evolution)
    T-test
    and another one but you will be given the formula anyway

ReputationRep:
    Anyone hoping to do sciences at uni so really petrified for this exam??? Genetics over here

ReputationRep:
    Anyone hoping to do sciences at uni so really petrified for this exam??? Genetics over here
    Medicine here, so i know what you mean, i feel like i can get As in my other exams, but biology, it could be an A? But it could also be a D just as easily...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gogregg)
    Medicine here, so i know what you mean, i feel like i can get As in my other exams, but biology, it could be an A? But it could also be a D just as easily...
    The real hard part is getting your leg over the E boundary- from then on its a matter of 4-6 marks to get the grade above! It's just so narrow to slip from an A to a D so easily As long as I'm projected a A/B then all will be good!!!

ReputationRep:
    The real hard part is getting your leg over the E boundary- from then on its a matter of 4-6 marks to get the grade above! It's just so narrow to slip from an A to a D so easily As long as I'm projected a A/B then all will be good!!!
    At this point, i feel i'd be pleased with a B...

And wow that sounds bad :lol:
    A B is still a fantastic grade, but life would be ideal if I got an A :3

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know where I can access all the specimen papers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oni176)
    Simpson's Index (Biodiversity)
    Standard deviation (Evolution)
    T-test
    and another one but you will be given the formula anyway
    Oh thanks so much, I was thinking that might be too 😁

ReputationRep:
    Average was an E for the specimen paper in my class, yet I go to a good school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeverGrowUp)
    Anyone know where I can access all the specimen papers?

You can access the new syllabus' sample papers in the Ocr website http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/171694-...-materials.pdf And http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/171735-...-materials.pdf but for the past papers from last syllabus, you can find them pretty much anywhere, type in Google

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plower)
    You can access the new syllabus' sample papers in the Ocr website http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/171694-...-materials.pdf And http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/171735-...-materials.pdf but for the past papers from last syllabus, you can find them pretty much anywhere, type in Google
    It only provides set 1 of the specimen papers. There's set 2 that's usually just available to teachers but my teacher won't send it to me ugh Thanks anyways though

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the Practice Question Paper for Depth In Biology??! It's the one that you can only get from OCR Interchange

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeverGrowUp)
    It only provides set 1 of the specimen papers. There's set 2 that's usually just available to teachers but my teacher won't send it to me ugh Thanks anyways though

Actually you're meant to have both breadth and depth as your mock, teacher should have given both to you by now because it's important, I did awful... Eck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.