Most overrated films

Announcements Posted on
Calling all anime fans! Don't miss the midnight Secret Santa deadline! 04-12-2016
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    I thought Reservoir Dogs was a pile of crap.

I literally fell asleep to this film.

In an iMax.
    I really thought the originals were boring, never seen the new one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlotte_Simm)
    I really thought the originals were boring, never seen the new one
    Well, don't

ReputationRep:
    I know I'm wrong, but Apocalypse now. I so wanted to like it as it's by a brilliant director and I love Marlon Brando and Heart of Darkness too, but I found it so so dull. I did watch the Redux version though - it was about three hours long :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel 96)
    The Dark Knight - I'll never understand the fuss.
    It's a big fuss

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Fifty shades of grey.
    Just terrible.

ReputationRep:
    frozen
    Spoiler:
    Show
    nah I'm just kidding, my real answer is:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    FROZEN. (Y)

ReputationRep:
    500 days of summer-awful

I liked the dance scene and that was it lol

ReputationRep:
    Pitch Perfect, MY GOD IT'S A PIECE OF ****.

ReputationRep:
    Batman vs superman or twilight both are wayyy too boring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    jackie brown
    Jackie Brown is one of my favourite films of all time!

ReputationRep:
    Well, Avatar was immediately on my mind when I saw the thread title but I think I'd agree with nearly every movie listed on here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke Kostanjsek)
    I'm only here on the lookout for anyone who dares to say Shawshank Redemption. There's always one..........

It's the most overrated movie I have ever known without a shadow of a doubt.

I automatically knock 4 points off my estimate of a persons IQ if they think this is a great film.

(That may not seem much but, to put it in context,reading the Sun is just -2,voting -3,being left wing -3,supporting Chelsea or Man Utd -4 and doing the lottery -5.)

ReputationRep:
    Beasts of no nation the film is sooo boring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moggis)

I automatically knock 4 points off my estimate of a persons IQ if they think this is a great film.

(That may not seem much but, to put it in context,reading the Sun is just -2,voting -3,being left wing -3,supporting Chelsea or Man Utd -4 and doing the lottery -5.)
    what is wrong with it it is not brilliant but not that bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karl pilkington)
    I think perhaps the best critique of it was given by Darren brown in one of his books.

I'd already come to the same conclusion and was very pleased to see a more intelligent and artistic person 'voice' my very thoughts.Id thought I was on my own.

I'd like to try and find the book and give his thoughts as he did it far better than I ever could.

But it could take a day or so as I have over 2000 books and am very disorganised

ReputationRep:
    Unfriended

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karl pilkington)
    Ha,I'm still getting used to the idea that you can find anything online as I'm old

You can easily find his opinion on the movie.

As I said,he puts it far better I would.

ReputationRep:
    Ha,I'm still getting used to the idea that you can find anything online as I'm old

You can easily find his opinion on the movie.

As I said,he puts it far better I would.
    I tried googling it but couldn't find it have you got a link

ReputationRep:
    love and basketball

ReputationRep:

Well I guess it's fortunate that the only other category I fall under is voting then. Liverpool 4 lief.

I simply do not understand how anyone can dislike that film. It's unbelievable. The only other film that got to me as much was black hawk down (another great film).

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 20, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.