Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you like best about living in Britain? Watch

The fact that I have rights identical to those of men, by law, and if anyone tries to take them away from me, they will be punished.
    (Original post by Oliver_94)
    I love the multiculturalism. I really do feel alive when surrounded by different cultures in places like Luton, Tower Hamlets and Bradford for example
    No you don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternalflames)
    He was there for one year, and it was 2012/2013, so quite recent.
    Oh haha yeah that's pretty recent so that's understandable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrokenLife)
    Human rights I totally agree with!! I remember living in Germany and people being sooo racist!
    Exactly . People are always complaining about how this country is "too soft" but one of the things that I love about it is that it does a much better job at looking after its citizens than most countries and protecting them. I hope that this government does not succeed in scrapping the Human Rights Act.

ReputationRep:
    My mum is here and my dog is here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z212)
    For me I like the transportation system compared to the US and Nigeria it is excellent. What about you all?
    Definitely agree there, I used to live in the US I know how you need to drive literally everywhere unless you live in the most urban part of NYC.

Another thing I like is how close everything is... Even other countries like Ireland and France are only a few hours away lol... also: Football

ReputationRep:
    Lol. Just because its free doesn't mean its effective and quick. I've lived in Germany and although we had to pay, the medical system was PERFECT. I'd rather pay and get quality treatment than not paying and having to wait for so long or not getting proper treatment.
    Agreed. Took me months to be seen by dermatologist.

ReputationRep:
    You can wear whatever you want and nobody's going to even give a damn about it Also that 2 gay guys/girls can walk holding hands in public and don't get weird looks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justmoll28)
    ew, mint flavoured tea should be banned:sick:
    Mint tea haters should be spanked publicly :spank:

ReputationRep:
    Its good that its free but it has to be effective. I've lived in Germany and although we had to pay(there are concessions for old people etc(, the medical system was so effective and quick. I love Britain to bits but that's the one thing I don't like about it. Doctors can be negligent often and certain operations take way too much time.
    You get what you pay for. You' don't havetouse the NHS, you'd experience greater efficiency if you went private and paid for treatment.

ReputationRep:
    Tea and scones It's great to live in Britain!

ReputationRep:
    we don't need more private hospitals, we need more NHS hospitals and more staff and less budget cuts! not all of us have the option to go private or not.
    How can we afford to build whole new NHS hospitals when we can barely afford to run the hospitals we already have properly? We need private hospitals, built with private money, so that richer patients can be taken off the hands of the NHS and money can be allocated to where its needed rather than being wasted. The only people who should have totally free healthcare are those who are in poverty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Copperknickers)
    How can we afford to build whole new NHS hospitals when we can barely afford to run the hospitals we already have properly? We need private hospitals, built with private money, so that richer patients can be taken off the hands of the NHS and money can be allocated to where its needed rather than being wasted. The only people who should have totally free healthcare are those who are in poverty.
    poverty? im sorry but thats the most stupid thing i think ive ever read. what about students or big families or the elderly who all use the NHS yet arent in poverty?

ReputationRep:
    poverty? im sorry but thats the most stupid thing i think ive ever read. what about students or big families or the elderly who all use the NHS yet arent in poverty?
    What about them? In most countries people contribute something towards their healthcare: that's true in many countries with poorer populations and better healthcare standards than us.

ReputationRep:
    The education system (well when I was growing up at least) and how nice people can be. However, I'm ready to move on once I graduate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    weirdly the weather. I am not suited to hotter climates so the UK is perfect for me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.