Sounds like someone from this day and age
    Well said, sir:lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Nah,I'm not into zac. Abit too feminine for my liking
    Strong E standards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    This isn't scientific in any way shape or form but my best guess would be because social conditioning has taught woman that men must be taller than them and men that their partners must be shorter than them. Any deviation from this norm feels unnatural and strange

Short men are reluctant to date taller woman due to the stigma and lack of confidence as it implies that he is 'less of a man' if his woman is taller than he is. He may not be attracted to woman taller than him aswell as height is correlated with masculinity

Women want to feel small (aka: feminine) and protected hence a man of short stature would not fulfil these requirements

I personally think it's stupid, you should not discriminate on the basis of height; I've asked out men shorter than me before and they said no on the basis of the fact I was taller than them so I know how short guys feel when dating
    Actually, men in general place little emphasis on height. It's women who're interested in men's height. I presume you'll actually find that on average short men do want to date taller women. It is the reverse that is probably not true.

Also, as this study indicates, people should drop their pseudo-"scientific", evolutionary explanations for every single thing. It doesn't add any prestige to your theories when you attach the words "for evolutionary reasons" to it. There are such things as gender stereotypes and social conditioning. Women's preference for taller height is probably at least as much a product of societal expectations. At the very least, it's as a plausible theory as any but women (mostly) tend to disregard 'cos it's not cool to think your preferences are shaped by social pressure. It might mean that you're not, after all, a strong, independent woman (in spite of the fact that all our preferences for anything are formed in a similar manner).

ReputationRep:
    I imagine it's mainly due to the fact that most men are taller than most women anyway.

Not all women care about height.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    Only 4% of women are taller than their partners!

Why is this the case? I've seen some various points but some more insight would be useful
    Understandably so
    If hell were real, there would be a special place in hell for tall women

ReputationRep:
    Glad I'm not a manlet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oliver_94)
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    why? tall women are awesome! absolute babes

ReputationRep:
    Girls prefer guys taller then them, Guy prefer girls that are shorter than them. Why is that so hard to understand?

I personally find tall girls unattractive, I'd expect a taller girl to feel the same about me :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    Girls prefer guys taller then them, Guy prefer girls that are shorter than them. Why is that so hard to understand?

I personally find tall girls unattractive, I'd expect a taller girl to feel the same about me :lol:
    I find tall girls absolutely amazing, i've never heard a guy say tall girls are unattractive. Are you quite small?

ReputationRep:
    I find tall girls absolutely amazing, i've never heard a guy say tall girls are unattractive. Are you quite small?
    Are you tall? :lol:

I prefer shorter girls (like around 5"0 to 5"3). It's just a preference I guess.

I'm 5"7, so considered a manlet by some or just kinda short by others

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    Are you tall? :lol:

I prefer shorter girls (like around 5"0 to 5"3). It's just a preference I guess.

I'm 5"7, so considered a manlet by some or just kinda short by others

Posted from TSR Mobile
    that's the norm for asians 5ft 7 males and 5ft 4 females. Tough finding tall asian girls though. I think they're amazing.

I'm 6ft.

ReputationRep:
    Nah,I'm not into zac. Abit too feminine for my liking
    Haha well said, men will become more feminine eventually. Corporations want to sell stuff damn it!

ReputationRep:
    Why?
    Hell is for demons and tall women are demons

why? tall women are awesome! absolute babes
    There is also a special place in hell for you now

ReputationRep:
    http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and...men-come-short

found this on reddit earlier.
    lol, if you under 5'10, you may as well just lay down and rot

ReputationRep:
    Oi oi, I'm 4ft 10 and never has a man complained 💅🏼

ReputationRep:
    Hell is for demons and tall women are demons

There is also a special place in hell for you now
    Why are tall women demons?

I thought girls with long legs were considered sexy

ReputationRep:
    Haha well said, men will become more feminine eventually. Corporations want to sell stuff damn it!
    Skinny jeans :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nile.)
    lol, if you under 5'10, you may as well just lay down and rot
    true

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.