Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student.53)
    Thanks!! And just to make sure, for Section C, are we allowed to bring a sheet of typed notes? How many words does it need to be and is it allowed to be double sided?
    Its 1,000 words typed!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!! And just to make sure, for Section C, are we allowed to bring a sheet of typed notes? How many words does it need to be and is it allowed to be double sided?
    Hey, talk to your teacher but just so you know the notes have to have a front cover (you know like the ones we did for the coursework where you put your word count and sign) to take in with you to the exam.

ReputationRep:
    1,000 words, can be typed and printed yes. I have mine in large text so its like 4 pages aha x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellieacraig)
    1,000 words, can be typed and printed yes. I have mine in large text so its like 4 pages aha x
    Not to panic you but it has to be one sheet. So one double sided page of A4 or A3 X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dauntlesstraitor)
    Not to panic you but it has to be one sheet. So one double sided page of A4 or A3 X
    Where does it say that with edexcel? Because I couldn't find that anywhere and my teacher has said nothing about it being only one side and he's don't this exam before many times? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dauntlesstraitor)
    Just checked,

The exam board says the following "you MIGHT use both sides of an A4 sheet or one side of A3, up to a maximum off 1000 words" - because it says might it therefore means its up to you how to present it, its merely a suggestion. the most important thing is that tits 1000 words. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellieacraig)
    Just checked,

The exam board says the following "you MIGHT use both sides of an A4 sheet or one side of A3, up to a maximum off 1000 words" - because it says might it therefore means its up to you how to present it, its merely a suggestion. the most important thing is that tits 1000 words. x
    Oh that's cool, thanks for letting me know! X

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if notes are allowed to be typed for the exam? or do they have to be hand written?

I only say this because the Edexcel cover sheet says 'no printed materials may be included'

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if notes are allowed to be typed for the exam? or do they have to be hand written?

I only say this because the cover sheet says 'No printed materials should be included'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joellebeast)

I only say this because the cover sheet says 'No printed materials should be included'
    Our 1,000 words can be typed and printed. My friend checked with EdExcel. When it says 'no printed materials', it just means we cant bring in things like theatre reviews on the play we've seen and sources from the internet :-)

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what rehearsal techniques we could use to explore stage directions?
    Could it be rehearsal techniques for non-verbal communication etc?
    Sorry, I currently have no teacher hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    For the 1,000 words that you can take into your exam do they have to be on one a4 sheet on sided or can they be on multiple sheets? It has really confused me! Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabatha Gregg)
    Hi!
    For the 1,000 words that you can take into your exam do they have to be on one a4 sheet on sided or can they be on multiple sheets? It has really confused me! Thank you!
    This is the reply my friend got from EdExcel when she emailed them about our Shakespeare notes...I have to admit, edexcel haven't made it very clear at all, but everyone stop worrying now!

you can take up to 1000 words of notes into the examination; this could be over two, three or four sides of A4, or one or two sides of A3.
    You can type the notes and you can highlight them.
    Good luck to you and all your fellow students on Monday.
    Kind regards,
    Paul Webster
    Subject Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helenalikesyou)
    This is the reply my friend got from EdExcel when she emailed them about our Shakespeare notes...I have to admit, edexcel haven't made it very clear at all, but everyone stop worrying now!

you can take up to 1000 words of notes into the examination; this could be over two, three or four sides of A4, or one or two sides of A3.
    You can type the notes and you can highlight them.
    Good luck to you and all your fellow students on Monday.
    Kind regards,
    Paul Webster
    Subject Advisor
    Thank you, this is a big help!

ReputationRep:
    What are 5 rehearl techniques to explore stage space???

ReputationRep:
    what are rehearsal techniques to explore "exchange"

ReputationRep:
    what are rehearsal techniques to explore "exchange"
    isnt that just relationships between the character then?

ReputationRep:
    Any last minute rehearsal techniques to share? I have mask work, bigger and bigger, steps, follow the leader, Brecht's leading with body parts, and animal work but I'm struggling to think of more. Trying to stay away from naturalistic techniques like inner thoughts and emotional memory recall but any others would be really helpful!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helenalikesyou)
    sweet, thankyou!

also, our 1,000 words for Section C is allowed to be printed? I'm pretty sure there's no requirements for it to be hand written, but I read somewhere we can't bring in 'printed materials'. Not sure if that just means materials like theatre reviews or our actual 1,000 words?
    i believe it's no published materials, your 1,000 words notes can be double sided A4 or single sided A3
    hope this isn't too late!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Siannyallen)
    i believe it's no published materials, your 1,000 words notes can be double sided A4 or single sided A3
    hope this isn't too late!
    Thank's for replying, but in previous posts on this thread, I commented that my friend contacted EdExcel, where they said our notes can be typed and printed, and they can be over 2, 3 or 4 sides of A4 or two sides of A3.

When they mean 'published materials', they mean no sources which has been taken off the internet like theatre reviews or sources which isn't our own work. Our 1,000 words aren't published, as we simply have just typed them up:-)

Good luck for tomorrow:-)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.