Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeimIX)
    wouldn't it make sense to gauge the marks and the boundaries off of the 2015 Grade Boundaries since its nearer to our actual exam? In that case you got a B2
    The grade boundaries change depending on how dum the population is and how hard the test is. Therefore, he probably did get an A. However, I think it would be best to gage yourself off 2015 papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786)
    The grade boundaries change depending on how dum the population is and how hard the test is. Therefore, he probably did get an A. However, I think it would be best to gage yourself off 2015 papers.
    Ah, is see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazz_xox_)
    how many hours have you been working? i find it so hard to work in the day, have to stay up at night (hence the 11.30pm post)
    I find it super hard to work during the day too. Normally my prime activity hours are from 00:00 - 06:00, though I'm normally up till about 08:00.

I've done one hour finishing off my History textbook, and now I'm gonna spend another hour finishing my History timeline and compiling a list of important quotes.

I generally do 2-3 hours a day, but I'm well ahead of most people.

ReputationRep:
    Ffs idk if its just me but I feel like I can do better at night and I don't work well at daytime. I wonder if cramming would be good...after all...it gives you adrenaline. Plus I struggle to sleep cuz of the frikkin neighbours with thtvsjtvs on max volume at half midnight. Wtf am I even talking about.. I think ive gone insane

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilshark)
    Ffs idk if its just me but I feel like I can do better at night and I don't work well at daytime. I wonder if cramming would be good...after all...it gives you adrenaline. Plus I struggle to sleep cuz of the frikkin neighbours with thtvsjtvs on max volume at half midnight. Wtf am I even talking about.. I think ive gone insane
    I agree. I feel that I study better at night and I retain more.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Past papers for maths, b1 and c1. Then taking notes for p1. After that I would gather quotes for English literature unit 1 and practice paper for unit 2. After that, business unit 1.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abstract_Prism)
    I find it super hard to work during the day too. Normally my prime activity hours are from 00:00 - 06:00, though I'm normally up till about 08:00.

I've done one hour finishing off my History textbook, and now I'm gonna spend another hour finishing my History timeline and compiling a list of important quotes.

I generally do 2-3 hours a day, but I'm well ahead of most people.
    What's your examboard for history

ReputationRep:
    I agree. I feel that I study better at night and I retain more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think it would be a good idea to revise all the content then past papers then cram the whole content night before but with enough rest. I mean its not like you'll lose information

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be a good idea to revise all the content then past papers then cram the whole content night before but with enough rest. I mean its not like you'll lose information
    I agree with the first bit but I wouldn't want to cram for my real exams. I don't think I'll need to because I'm revising quite a bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the first bit but I wouldn't want to cram for my real exams. I don't think I'll need to because I'm revising quite a bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmm i guess thats true.. revision and ppast papers shouls make you prepared enough

ReputationRep:
    Hmm i guess thats true.. revision and ppast papers shouls make you prepared enough
    I agree. If you do it properly we've got enough time to bag those A stars and As.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What's your examboard for history
    OCR, doing Communist Russia and the English Revolution.

ReputationRep:
    None... I keep saying I will but none.

ReputationRep:
    Maths past papers!! So many maths past papers!! And maybe a practice philosophy essay.

ReputationRep:
    Me too. I hate when I got stuff to do in the day, I revise all night and get a couple hours sleep and it's time to wake up! I love the quiet of the night lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xphoenix)
    None... I keep saying I will but none.
    same
    funny how it's already been a week since Easter holidays started and all I've done is read through 1 page of chem.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    B2 review , b2 past paper , maths , maybe chemistry / physics

ReputationRep:
    Today I've done absolutely nothing, although I should probably get started.

Yesterday however, I did C1, B1, B2, P1 past papers.

ReputationRep:
    Done nothing as of yet.
    Planning on writing notes on software and creating another 2 mindmaps for history though.
    Should probably get started

ReputationRep:
    umm none

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.