The Student Room Group

A New Theory for Islamic Hatred

Scroll to see replies

The Saudis and Qataris can easily take people in they can set up large air conditioned camps in their desserts as an Arabic speaker I was watching Aljazeera a few years ago and one of the ruling shekhs in Qatar said they can't really take in refugees because they are suffering from PTSD and they don't want them to cause issues in their country!!
Reply 81
Original post by yasminkattan
I don't act like Islam or Muslims are victimised when an act or terror occurs, but saying Muslims aren't victims nowadays is untrue. Our brothers and sisters are being attacked and verbally abused, our mosques get burnt down, and everything we believe in and stand for is mocked and insulted on a daily basis. I have read my Qur'an, in fact I'm currently memorising it. Don't tell me I need to read my holy book as if you know everything about it. All you know are a few quotes taken out of context, just like every other person who 'hates' Islam.

I guess you also haven't learn anything from getting banned. Won't be surprised if it happens again soon, you're quick to comment on every single Islam-related thread with your stupid necessary hate.

Your mosques brothers and sisters only get insulted and scruitnised because of the idiots that take your supposed holy book that's filled with more contradictions than a Zakir Naik lecture seriously. It's not my fault that your holy book commands jihadists to fight the non believer.

And your claim about everyone who hates Islam are the people who haven't read the quran and take a few quotes out of context is not only stupid but incredibly flawed because there have been ex-muslims and Theological scholars, that know more about Islam than the people who taught your parents Islam, ever will that agree with everything i say about Islam being backward, violent, barbaric and man made. I suggest you broaden your horizon and stop using this stupid "context" argument.

Me getting consistently banned shows that I'm striking a nerve either at one of the mods or mainly a large set of people. And if that's what it takes for me to expose Islam for what it really is.

Then so be it.
Original post by #_ZINAN
Your mosques brothers and sisters only get insulted and scruitnised because of the idiots that take your supposed holy book that's filled with more contradictions than a Zakir Naik lecture seriously. It's not my fault that your holy book commands jihadists to fight the non believer.

And your claim about everyone who hates Islam are the people who haven't read the quran and take a few quotes out of context is not only stupid but incredibly flawed because there have been ex-muslims and Theological scholars, that know more about Islam than the people who taught your parents Islam, ever will that agree with everything i say about Islam being backward, violent, barbaric and man made. I suggest you broaden your horizon and stop using this stupid "context" argument.

Me getting consistently banned shows that I'm striking a nerve either at one of the mods or mainly a large set of people. And if that's what it takes for me to expose Islam for what it really is.

Then so be it.

My parents aren't Muslims.

That's a very sick obsession you have.
Reply 83
Original post by #_ZINAN
I'm not an "athiest" whatever the hell that means.

I'm also not an Atheist. I'm actually a Christian and based solely on previous encounters with muslims and regular interactions with other muslims on this country, it's safe to say that I have FAR more knowledge about their own religion than muslims themselves. Most haven't even read the Qu'ran or their hadiths.

They only listen to the lectures of Wahabbist hate preachers and think they know what their saying.

The holy lands are unfortunately in Arabia.

The birth place of their prophet is in Arabia

The resting place of their prophet is in Arabia.

The largest and most visited mosques are in Arabia.

The Kabba is in Arabia

Black stone is in Arabia

The pilgrimage is directed towards Arabia.

So is the direction of their daily prayers (Qibla)

Arabia is the paragon nation of Islam.

The reason why its all in Arabia is because the prophet was born there and all the events throughout the Quran and a lot of the hadiths youre talking about occured within Arabia. The Area of Arabia, not the authoritarian dictatorship of Saudi Arabia which was established years later. And yeah I've met many muslims who know barely any hadiths either but to become a muslim all you realistically require is faith in your god. Also many people i've met feel as though the term 'muslim' is part of their identity rather then their actual religion :P I don't believe there is one country which portrays Islam better than others because realistically it comes down to each individuals choice. I cba arguing anymore. Hope I've made my point though :biggrin: NIce talking to you though.
Original post by #_ZINAN
it's safe to say that I have FAR more knowledge about their own religion than muslims themselves

gotta be a troll
Reply 85
Original post by Frank Underwood
gotta be a troll

Rich coming from you.
Original post by Sportycb
I have been thinking about why there is so much hatred especially when we all go/went to school/Univerisity with lovely Muslims or work with really nice Muslims.
I have come to the conclusion it is a mixture of fear, the "well they started it" problem and the feeling of 'one set of rules for them and one set of rules for everyone else. I don't know if anyone else agrees.
This is my stand point. [Sorry it will be long]

Fear:

What with all the terrorist attacks being a bit too close to home the first reaction is to fear it happening to us. Hint for the comments of "deport all Muslims", "can't trust any Muslim", etc.
Please note, I am not saying that is right. Just think about all the Muslims you know of and how you think they deserve to be treated. Plus looking back in history this is how Germans were treated in the UK and Japanese were treated in the US during and between the WW1 and WW2. Many were treated appaulingly out of fear. Despite the fact most were refugees escaping their own countries.

The "well they started it" problem:

If you think about some of this is like children fighting. The issue I feel and looking back on my own experiences I have never been told by any Christian, Jew, Sikh, Buddhist, or any other religeon that what I am doing is wrong. However the only time I have felt like I have been critised in what I believe or have done has been by a Muslim. And when we are crisitised about something we believe we are quick to react and defend ourselves. It is human nature.
Reminds me of a picky flatmate who just couldn't understand why we were 'picking on her' as she would complain thag way we were cooking dinner (which only the person to eat was the person cooking) was not right or we were cleaning our own bedroom wrong and we would be quick to defend. She saw this defence as us bullying her.
At the same time I have been complimented so many times by Muslim friends on an above the knee dress I was wearing or how I had my hair was, despite it being against their own faith.
So just because we feel we are being attacked we shouldn't fight back. Just like when we tell a small child not to hit the bully back.

'One Set of Rules for Us and Another Set For EveryBody Else'

Related to my last point the other thing I have noticed is people get annoyed when immigrants come to the UK and expect the country to bend over backwards to suit their needs while if anyone was to do that in an Islamic country you would be arrested. We make every effort to welcome other cultures and perhaps that is our downfall. Perhaps, we should follow Islamic countries and be stricter in keeping our own culture. Especially when certain people are trying to introduce their own laws into the land. I am fully against Sharia law being introduced. If it is not part of British law I am not following it even if I am in one of these areas.
It is more an issue of intergration issue. You have to expect British people to get angry if you start chanting "UK Police go to hell!". I say 'British people' as if you are not offended or insulted by that then I don't know how you can consider yourself British. Just also imagine that happening in an Islamic country. I think the biggest irony would be if one of those people chanting claimed benefits as then the people they are suggestion should go to hell are actually effectively paying for their living.
Not only this but I am sure people find it difficult to see Islam as an accepting and charitiable religeon as a whole when Western Europe is slowly taking in Muslim Syrian refugees while their neighbouring Islamic countries have not taken in a single one of their brothers and sisters. Instead they must cross half a continent to find refuge. Yet these are the same countries that take in literally millions of Asian nationals to work for them. Take Qatar, the native Qataris are the 3rd biggest population in their own country but total refugee intake is 0.

One Last Point:
If any Muslim is feeling victimised. I really do feel sorry for you. My only suggestion is make sure your sure have friends from many different backgrounds. Never critise (do it in your head if you like) and instead give a compliment that goes against your beliefs and I am certain that will change entirely.

Too Long
Original post by #_ZINAN
Rich coming from you.

lol I'm no troll
I completely agree. Fear of our fate if Islam were to become dominant in England is completely rational. As a gay atheist with faintly neoconservative foreign policy views, I'd almost certainly be among the first to be beheaded.
Original post by BeastOfSyracuse
I completely agree. Fear of our fate if Islam were to become dominant in England is completely rational. As a gay atheist with faintly neoconservative foreign policy views, I'd almost certainly be among the first to be beheaded.

100x more if you are homosexual I guess.

I have a feeling they'd come for the jews and us Christians first though lmao
Reply 90
Original post by Reformed
quite a simplistic analysis. how old are you out of interest?

I am 26. However I have always been told I act older. Even if I look a lot younger.
The Jews definitely. I suspect Christians would initially be subject to Dhimmi status (as "People of the Book"). They would be pressured, harassed and intimidated to join Islam, they would have to pay extra taxes and like has often happened in Muslim countries, it would be illegal for Christians to build new churches or even repair existing ones (so they start to fall apart over time)

Gay people have no such Quranic protection as "People of the Book". But ultimately I don't think we really have to assess who would be worse off or who would get it in the neck straight away. We'd all be in danger, that's why we have to work together to prevent such a situation from ever coming about.

It seems unlikely now, but given low levels of Islamic integration and intermarriage and high-levels of immigration, in purely mathematical terms they could be a majority within a century (I know that things don't usually work out like that in practice, but it's an example). Even if they were around 20% of the population they could probably take control
Original post by BeastOfSyracuse
The Jews definitely. I suspect Christians would initially be subject to Dhimmi status (as "People of the Book":wink:. They would be pressured, harassed and intimidated to join Islam, they would have to pay extra taxes and like has often happened in Muslim countries, it would be illegal for Christians to build new churches or even repair existing ones (so they start to fall apart over time)

Gay people have no such Quranic protection as "People of the Book". But ultimately I don't think we really have to assess who would be worse off or who would get it in the neck straight away. We'd all be in danger, that's why we have to work together to prevent such a situation from ever coming about.

It seems unlikely now, but given low levels of Islamic integration and intermarriage and high-levels of immigration, in purely mathematical terms they could be a majority within a century (I know that things don't usually work out like that in practice, but it's an example). Even if they were around 20% of the population they could probably take control

Mehr, I wouldn't be so confident about that. I've seen how badly muslims treat Christians in muslim majority countries these days; I don't think we would get any kind of protection of any sort.

They'd march us off the edge of a building together and I am okay with dying for my beliefs but I am not okay with people getting murdered for being gay.

How would they take control? Wouldn't they need a muslim prime minister and an all muslim westminister to do that?
The current Conservative government was elected with only 24% of the total adult population's vote. A Muslim faction if they voted together (just like how the Mormons control the State of Utah) would be very close to that number (if we're talking about the scenario I mentioned), and no doubt they would have hard left agitators and fellow travellers who could make up the remaining 4%.

Realistically, even if they were half that they could exert immense influence and commence the Islamisation of society, start passing laws that outlaw criticism of Islam, make it illegal to "ridicule" the Prophet Mohammed, and so on.
You sound scarecrow from arkham knight, constantly going on about "fear"
Ever been to Egypt? No?
There has been attacks against Christians but they are no more in frequency than racial attacks against Black people in America or Britain, in the modern age that is. Other than that Christians and Muslims have a really good relationship. I grew up with two of my best friends being Christian. I can't comment on other countries but it's lovely in Egypt the relationship between Christians and Muslims, I would say it's even better than Muslim-Muslim relationships as everyone is usually trying to be super nice in order to look tolerant and progressive.
Although on the other hand a Christian can't be president in Egypt, which is something I despised a lot. I blame that on Islam as it's "un-Islamic" to have a non-Muslim ruler. However, I wouldn't think an Atheist or a Jew would have much of a chance to be president in the US, but that's irrelevant.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by lowhigh
What could I do, as an 18 year old Muslim to tackle terrorism, if you dont mind me asking?

Thanks in advance.

Speak out against terrorism, stop shifting the blame away from Islam and the Muslim community, address it as a problem with Islam, try to reform your religion.
Original post by #_ZINAN

Isn't admitting that you have deliberately circumvented a ban also a bannable offense, I suppose it would be proven that you were both;

-Actually banned previously
and
-Still banned currently

Also I doubt you will 'expose' Islam on this forum, expose it to whom exactly. Many if not all of the people here are either apologists or already aware of Islam's less than tolerant message.

I have been banned multiple times for talking about controversial issues with a passionate tone, and to be quite honest it has worked, I simply state my opinion then move along. I avoid certain topics and certain discussions within topics.

The censoring on student forums both here and within schools/universities is successfully shutting down the debate on many issues. If you want to do something useful and 'expose' Islam, rally the students in your place of learning to encourage debate on the issue. While you are at it, ask them if they want to open a discussion on racial class divides, IQ's and criminal trends...........it's a complete joke, the society we live in. Free speech is in the trash, democracy has been subverted, might as well accept it. In a society like this, there is no one to expose this to anyway.

If you aren't timid and lucky enough to be ignored, you are likely to get reported and detained by the authorities for talking about these issues on campus, assuming you don't get physically attacked by other students first.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by lowhigh
What could I do, as an 18 year old Muslim to tackle terrorism, if you dont mind me asking?

Thanks in advance.

Earnestly counter any extremist views and report any suspicions. Challenge extremist or negative views. Do not think about protecting your religion from criticism after adherents blow up innocent civilians . Condemn them strongly and admit they're actions have 'something to do with Islam'
Not really, holding a swing vote would be sufficient. Forming their own Muslim Brotherhood equivalent and then forming a coalition government would probably come first.

First one to promise blasphemy laws would certainly get the vote.

The only thing we have in our favor is that our politicians are all complete liars when it comes to election promises.

Being said, official estimated are that by 2055 the UK will be a Muslim majority country, OFNS, this was before the migrant crisis came into full swing a few years ago. Ever since we have seen record numbers arriving from their countries every year. SO, it's safe to say that if you are younger than 30, you will almost certainly see a Muslim majority UK and a Muslim prime minister. If their religious laws aren't legislated into our common law, well, cities will burn as they protest.

France has declared a state of national emergency because of the threat, and has been this way for some time. Their Muslim population is only 10%. So imagine us at 50%.......... you don't need to imagine, look at Lebanon.

The counter argument is that the birthrate in their communities might drop off, arguing against actual figures and stats with predictions built on stats that don't exist........not exactly a promising future is it lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending