Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Pakistani people! What is your vision for Pakistan's future ? watch

Announcements

(Original post by BrokenLife)
    You basically said all that I wanted to type in already
    You agree with making Pakistan a 'benevolent' dictatorship and banning religious political parties/TV channels and, most importantly, with banning McDonald's? :erm:

You disappoint me, BrokenLife.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    It was forced to be liberal and secular- most Pakistanis didn't want to be in a secular state, they wanted to be governed by conservative Islamic principles. Even today, most of Pakistan would hate to be secular or liberal.
    I'm up for a religious country, but I know for a fact that Pakistanis were better off before the radical Islamization of the country by Zia-ul-Haq, before he came into power and Islamized everything, Pakistan was a developing nation, a nation with strong ties to Iran unlike now with Saudi Arabia who have changed the mindset of religion in Pakistan, Pakistan in its first 30 years, it's kinda like Kazakhstan is now, was what it was like before, heck even Che Guervara visited Pakistan back then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    You agree with making Pakistan a 'benevolent' dictatorship and banning religious political parties/TV channels and, most importantly, with banning McDonald's? :erm:

You disappoint me, BrokenLife.
    Just came back from a long day at library and read most of the OP's comment. Then, just before you quoted me realised that Bashar thing etc...and said to myself perhaps I should read it again. Not a big fan of Bashar tbh.

Certainly do not agree with religious tv channels banning or Mcdonalds banning etc because everythjng should be allowed but religious extremisim.

Sorry, seriously drained out. Most of what OP said was something that I agree on but latter you could say is my laziness and tiredness to actually read the whole post which is pretty bad of me to do so. But I blame upcoming exams revision..

Just came back from a long day at library and read most of the OP's comment. Then, just before you quoted me realised that Bashar thing etc...and said to myself perhaps I should read it again. Not a big fan of Bashar tbh.

Certainly do not agree with religious tv channels banning or Mcdonalds banning etc because everythjng should be allowed but religious extremisim.

Sorry, seriously drained out. Most of what OP said was something that I agree on but latter you could say is my laziness and tiredness to actually read the whole post which is pretty bad of me to do so. But I blame upcoming exams revision..
    Ah, okay. I understand. All is forgiven.

ReputationRep:

With religious channels I meant channels which spread hate and ignorace, and pre dominatly this is wha most channels do maybe with the exception of MTA.

McDonalds was just a joke. But I do stand with my statement of having a secular permanent leader who takes care of his own people.

ReputationRep:
    The thing I think could hinder Pakistan develop is Punjab dominance. Let's be real here, Punjab is arguably the most advanced state in Pakistan, as compared to KPK, Sindh, Balochistan etc. Baloch people believe that they are not being developed enough, and this is correct, Balochistan constitutes 55% of Pakistanis land mass, but has seen the least development, it's why separist groups form. We need a leader who doesn't favour his own people, like PPP were back in the day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King !)
    With religious channels I meant channels which spread hate and ignorace, and pre dominatly this is wha most channels do maybe with the exception of MTA.

McDonalds was just a joke. But I do stand with my statement of having a secular permanent leader who takes care of his own people.
    Well in that case, as I said anything but religious extremism. Secular Pakistan is genuinely a dream of mine. Sick and tired of seeing these so called mullahs ruling Pakistan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dniy-10)
    The thing I think could hinder Pakistan develop is Punjab dominance. Let's be real here, Punjab is arguably the most advanced state in Pakistan, as compared to KPK, Sindh, Balochistan etc. Baloch people believe that they are not being developed enough, and this is correct, Balochistan constitutes 55% of Pakistanis land mass, but has seen the least development, it's why separist groups form. We need a leader who doesn't favour his own people, like PPP were back in the day
    Sick and tired of seeing Pakistani politicians grouping Pakistanis into Punjabi, Balochi, Pathan, Mujahir, Kashmiri and what not. Yes I'm from Punjab and love Punjabi culture but NOTHING comes first than being a Pakistani. We are one nation and I HATE how Balouchistan isn't looked after or being developed due to governmental negligenceAl.

ReputationRep:
    Sick and tired of seeing Pakistani politicians grouping Pakistanis into Punjabi, Balochi, Pathan, Mujahir, Kashmiri and what not. Yes I'm from Punjab and love Punjabi culture but NOTHING comes first than being a Pakistani. We are one nation and I HATE how Balouchistan isn't looked after or being developed due to governmental negligenceAl.
    kashmiris always self identify as something else altogether lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King !)
    My vision is...

1) A secular Pakistan.
    2) A liberal Pakistan

3) A women friendly Pakistan

4) Representative democracy is not working for Pakistan. We need a secular liberal permanent leader \

5)

Things I would make illegal and criminalize:

Religious Channels, Faith schools, Religious leaders in Politics, Religious political parties, Niqab/Burka under the age of 21, McDonalds,..any religious law..

Things I would make legal and decriminalize:

Alcohol, Weed, Homosexuality,...
    1) - 4) Good luck with that.
    5) HAHAHAHA

My comment is more critising my country than you, obviously I just think its completely backwards and irredeemable. Considering the dominant Muslim population, adopting secularism is far-fetched at best. The mixture of religion and archaic cultural values makes for a very sexist environment, which I also don't think will change. A lot of the religious propaganda and involvment in politics is again mainly due to the culture and general gullibility of the people. Its easy money, hence widespread corruption. And decriminalization is a fairytale because of all the stigma surrounding it. And almost everyone there is consumed by public and family image, so you will be ridiculed for pretty much anything.

If you meant to ask what our hope in an ideal world for Pakistan was, then I'd agree completely with your post. But my vision is that it will deteriorate to an eventual collapse.

ReputationRep:
    What's worse Pakistan or India? I know India is a messed up country probably Pakistan is the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medhelp)
    kashmiris always self identify as something else altogether lol
    Personally speaking, I would want Kashmir to be an independent state without any connection to Pakistan mainly because if someone doesn't want to be a part of Pak, they shouldn't be forced to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    What's worse Pakistan or India? I know India is a messed up country probably Pakistan is the same
    Every country has its own struggle, more or less. Both India and Pakistan are amazing and beautiful countries with own struggles. None is bad. K thanks BYE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    India is at least progressing...I dont get why people always bring up India.

ReputationRep:
    Personally speaking, I would want Kashmir to be an independent state without any connection to Pakistan mainly because if someone doesn't want to be a part of Pak, they shouldn't be forced to.
    so why are you grouping them then

Every country has its own struggle, more or less. Both India and Pakistan are amazing and beautiful countries with own struggles. None is bad. K thanks BYE.
    Wait 'til you get to know of my ardent opposition to the partition of India (also known as the, 'Pakistan was a bad idea' hypothesis :ahee:).

ReputationRep:
    Wait 'til you get to know of my ardent opposition to the partition of India (also known as the, 'Pakistan was a bad idea' hypothesis :ahee:).
    I also disagree with the partition

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Well this "cold war" :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: needs to stop now...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medhelp)
    so why are you grouping them then
    Because there is something called Azad Kashmir which comes under Pakistan

Actually I'm interested to know more about it since I know many people take that stance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhythmical)
    for starters the airline is **** and in ruins so it's going to change how people go there as it's the only direct way of going there. They also need to accept their problems, not just blame it all on other countries. They need to stand up as a country, not just play fiddle with india.

they don't have to travel pia. They could go on emirates and connect via dubai or go on etihad, qatar or ba.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.