Turn on thread page Beta
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    A simple mistake for which I apologise. It shows how seamlessly we worked together(and the fact that it's 1 in the morning right now) that I can't remember which party proposed what.

What Labour did give everyone, however, was more efficient and democratic local government and protection from discrimination at work if you are asexual, as well as more funding for mental health and strident action to tackle the obesity epidemic, among other things.
    And ignorance of critical improvements if passage was a certainty regardless. There has also been no action yet taken to tackle obesity, there are attempts being made to marginally increase regressive taxes, but not tackle obesity.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    I remember suggesting a Digital Bill of Rights in the Labour manifesto thread this time last GE so that might have been one of our pledges as well.....and the mental health funding was in a statement that got written by a Labourite

Let's stop bickering over who did what and agree on this: both our parties pledged to do some great stuff, when we got into government together we did that and then we thought up more great stuff and did that too
    Whilst I agree with the second bit, mental health was only written by a Labourite because you have the position of Health Secretary (I must say Kay_Winters has done a great job this term). Digital Bill of Rights wasn't one of your pledges. The Manifesto's are here if it helps
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    You forget that the Liberals are Labour's lapdogs and yes-men, so any Liberal pledge is, by extension, a Labour pledge.
    Dammit, I keep forgetting! Saracen's Fez will not be pleased with me....
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    You forget that the Liberals are Labour's lapdogs and yes-men, so any Liberal pledge is, by extension, a Labour pledge.
    Pretty sure it doesn't run that way

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Pretty sure it doesn't run that way

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Does this mean we actually successfully did stuff this term? :shock:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Does this mean we actually successfully did stuff this term? :shock:
    I was more thinking it means any labour policy is by extension yours

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    #liberalmajority

(Face melts, collapses onto knees, screams up at sky, "what have I donnnnneeee?)
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    I was more thinking it means any labour policy is by extension yours

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's a shame I thought we were finally getting somewhere
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    #liberalmajority

(Face melts, collapses onto knees, screams up at sky, "what have I donnnnneeee?)
    Cheers for the endorsement

Spoiler:
    Show

The Money is in the brown envelope on your desk mate

ReputationRep:
    Whilst I agree with the second bit, mental health was only written by a Labourite because you have the position of Health Secretary (I must say Kay_Winters has done a great job this term).
    I am grateful for the praise, and it is only fair to say it was a liberal pledge, although I would like to point out it was us in Government who took the pledge and went above and beyond it, something which is a victory of the liblab governent
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    I am grateful for the praise, and it is only fair to say it was a liberal pledge, although I would like to point out it was us in Government who took the pledge and went above and beyond it, something which is a victory of the liblab governent
    I completely agree. I do believe Labour would have implemented it anyway.

I don't think you would have implemented a Digital Bill of Rights though, which was my initial point

ReputationRep:
    I completely agree. I do believe Labour would have implemented it anyway.

I don't think you would have implemented a Digital Bill of Rights though, which was my initial point
    Mental Health was an issue I raised as why I wanted to be Health SoS at all so we certainly would have, you have a point on the digital bill or rights (although I am sure most of us would have supported you in the lobby on the issue, at least I would have) but that's not my argument :laugh:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    It is worth noting though that in the budget 12bn was put into plugging the NHS budget shortfall, throwing somebody else's money at a problem in true left wing style, just for it then to go and not be used on plugging the shortfall. I suppose at least the money was there unlike for DFID, despite it being a labour implemented law that set the minimum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    It begins.

I will probably vote Tory as usual, manifesto permitting.
    Please vote Labour.

ReputationRep:
    Time to put a competent party in the driving seat.

#VoteTory
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Tommy1boy)
    Time to put a competent party in the driving seat.

#VoteTory
    More like #VoteLabour
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    #liberalmajority

Are you defecting? :eek:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by DMcGovern)
    whhaaat? Just as I was starting to like ye Byronic
    If you believe I vote blue then you'll believe anything

I'm not going to bother asking for your vote as you haven't seen manifestos and things like that yet - just make sure you stick around as you're bloody hilarious and you lighten the place up
    As long as you keep me in your heart I will always be here :moon:

(Original post by Quamquam123)
    Please vote Labour.
    I think that is somewhat unlikely to happen, but if your manifesto is by far the best one then it might :yes:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

I think that is somewhat unlikely to happen, but if your manifesto is by far the best one then it might :yes:
    Our manifesto is magnifique. :yep:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    If you believe I vote blue then you'll believe anything

PRSOM

(Original post by Quamquam123)
    Our manifesto is magnifique. :yep:
    It won't be as good as ours. Remember last time? Well it's better than that.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.