Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leavingthecity)
    WHAT.

She's my favourite!

Can you play and record All I Want for me and post it so I can have a good cry?!?!!!
    Haha I can only play Big Yellow Taxi and The Circle Game She has such a lovely voice

Haha I would but
    1) I am too shy to
    2) I am not that good
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    I bet you have secret freestyling videos on YouTube. Maybe some with Eminem?
    You got me, I'm secretly Royce Da 5'9 :toofunny:

Seriously though, I don't have the confidence to share anything proper on youtube - I just write lyrics and occasionally freestyle with a few mates because even if I am any good at making lyrics (which I doubt) I don't have the voice to be a rapper/singer (speech impediments ftw)

(Original post by Amellia123)
    Bio 2,3 and 4 and Maths C4 I found physics really hard last year (I dropped it at AS).... Physics 1 is okay if you can do Mechanics (I presume you are on OCR?) AQA Bio is just the worst

I'm doing FM and resitting C4 if you want to team up on it

ReputationRep:
    I love folk from the 50s 60s and 70s. I love folk rock, I love proper punk from the 70s. I like this century's electronic/ambient sounds especially when influenced by the genres I've just mentioned and then also consume lotsa classical stuff from last century, the Romantics, prefer solo instruments or concertos to symphonies so despite my Romantic preference don't really listen to Beethoven symphonies and Wagner operas and probably therefore come across as a bit of a pleb to other classical fans!
    I really like 70s punk (sorry to keep interrupting!) Who are your favourites?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)

Seriously though, I don't have the confidence to share anything proper on youtube - I just write lyrics and occasionally freestyle with a few mates because even if I am any good at making lyrics (which I doubt) I don't have the voice to be a rapper/singer (speech impediments ftw)

I'm doing FM and resitting C4 if you want to team up on it
    Aww yes please Andy! Are you doing OCR for maths?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Aww yes please Andy! Are you doing OCR for maths?
    Yup
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad

Aww, I like writing lyrics but I suck at beats but then again I love writing. I know what you mean by confidence, not a lot people know about my musical talents and I prefer to keep it as that. Although one time I made a Smule account so maybe people already know? I'm probably getting signed right now!

ReputationRep:
    Yup
    That would be really good if you wouldn't mind?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Aww, I like writing lyrics but I suck at beats but then again I love writing. I know what you mean by confidence, not a lot people know about my musical talents and I prefer to keep it as that. Although one time I made a Smule account so maybe people already know? I'm probably getting signed right now!
    Yeah, I'm trying to get to grips with some software called SonicPi, which you can programme beats on; if you can play all those instruments I'd love it if you would send me some sample cords on the guitar or something like that for me to play around with and maybe make a beat from. Heck, we should write something together
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    That would be really good if you wouldn't mind?
    Sure, I haven't started revising yet
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Crikey, how are you living? People say I am crazy living off 6 hours sleep lol but you, you're living on 3 hours practically! TSR probably kept you up! I struggle with sleeping to be fair, I need my phone and either TSR or YouTube videos to entertain me.
    Haha well 6 hours is the most sleep I get on weeknights :ninja: And I've never needed more than 8 hours of it
    So do you think you could stay awake for 24hrs straight? I know I couldn't despite the above :lol:

But hopefully it won't happen again. I'm just clueless as to why I feel completely normal

You're almost right. I tried to sleep around 1am but I couldn't so I had to do something to keep me from getting bored :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Sure, I haven't started revising yet
    Umm nor me really - I kind of started properly today..... :lol:

ReputationRep:

Thursday, tell all the gyals and boyz.
    Could you wrap it with something, since it'll be my birthday
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Umm nor me really - I kind of started properly today..... :lol:
    More than me
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Yeah, I'm trying to get to grips with some software called SonicPi, which you can programme beats on; if you can play all those instruments I'd love it if you would send me some sample cords on the guitar or something like that for me to play around with and maybe make a beat from. Heck, we should write something together

I would love to, I need to get my instruments from the attic as my mum hides them because she finds it so annoying that I play really loudly and disturb the house lol. and wow I've never heard of it, I've tried a few programmes but they sound horrendous when I make a beat so I just forget about it.

(Original post by Indeterminate)
    Haha well 6 hours is the most sleep I get on weeknights :ninja: And I've never needed more than 8 hours of it
    So do you think you could stay awake for 24hrs straight? I know I couldn't despite the above :lol:

But hopefully it won't happen again. I'm just clueless as to why I feel completely normal

You're almost right. I tried to sleep around 1am but I couldn't so I had to do something to keep me from getting bored :lol:
    I know the struggle, I went to sleep at half 12 this morning and I feel so proud, usually it's around 2am and often I feel the need to revise but then I get lazy and well probably fall asleep with the book on my face lol. And wow 6 hours sleep, I get the same currently because I just can't sleep. I could never stay away for 24 hours and one time I nearly tried it but within the 21st hour, I fell asleep at the last few hours and I felt so angry :mad:

ReputationRep:
    More than me
    Haha aww no! Thing is though, I literally know nothing! How did you do at AS? (if you don't mind me asking)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefano865)
    Wow you know your music.

Don't know much folk music but do quite like The Old Crow Medicine Show.

I listen to a bit of classical too. I really like Ludovico Einaudi. Again, not one for the purists.
    I think Supersaps recommended me Ludivico Einaudi the other day????

I'm more into Chopin, Debussy, Grieg, etc a bit predictable....I've discovered John Fields fairly recently (embarrassingly) and who is not too well known generally, though was like an English Chopin and Chopins greatest influence apparently. He invented the Nocturne as we know it. You should have a listen!
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    Could you wrap it with something, since it'll be my birthday
    Sure, anything. I recommend bubblewrap, that stuff is fun.

And are you a musician?!
    I am not :3 but my brother and my sister both play piano so I am a piano fan :ahee: ( as a listener )

Are you a musician ?

ReputationRep:
    Sure, anything. I recommend bubblewrap, that stuff is fun.
    Fun and dangerous. It can deprive you of life when there's too much of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefano865)
    Wow you know your music.

Don't know much folk music but do quite like The Old Crow Medicine Show.

I listen to a bit of classical too. I really like Ludovico Einaudi. Again, not one for the purists.
    Such a legend. I was so jealous of my friend who sent pictures of Ludovico performance on snapchat

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.