Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    the81kid - Alright, how's it going? Just checking up on you to make sure you're still staying motivated!! I imagine you must be extremely busy right now so don't worry about replying straight away!

Also I came across this the other day.. It's a review sheet of the core practicals for A2 so thought it would be handy for you.
    (I've attached it below)
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf A2 Biology Core Practicals REVISION.pdf (621.8 KB, 927 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philip-flop)
    the81kid - Alright, how's it going? Just checking up on you to make sure you're still staying motivated!! I imagine you must be extremely busy right now so don't worry about replying straight away!

Also I came across this the other day.. It's a review sheet of the core practicals for A2 so thought it would be handy for you.
    (I've attached it below)
    Hey, thanks a lot, although I already found this one. I'm just about to start my revision for the U6 exam on friday which is the worst tbh - they give you a situation and you have to design an experiment. I'm just going to watch every school/college experiment video I can find on YouTube, re-learn all the core practicals. It's not about copying the core practicals, it seems to be about using them and what you've learned to design something suitable for the specific situation. Tbh I don't know if I'll get anything above a D in these exams, but I'll keep fighting my way through. At any rate, if it turns out bad, I'll have some practice at the exams, and I'll do them again next year or january whenever I can - I'll at least have done the lionshare of the study : / I also have to finish my uni project and write a 2 week essay for the german university application. My replies might be slow : /

the Monday exam went better than expected, they gave us the daphnia experiment, which fortunately I'd studied the most. Answered all the questions, know I made at least 3 mistakes that I can remember.

How was your exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the81kid)
    Hey, thanks a lot, although I already found this one. I'm just about to start my revision for the U6 exam on friday which is the worst tbh - they give you a situation and you have to design an experiment. I'm just going to watch every school/college experiment video I can find on YouTube, re-learn all the core practicals. It's not about copying the core practicals, it seems to be about using them and what you've learned to design something suitable for the specific situation. Tbh I don't know if I'll get anything above a D in these exams, but I'll keep fighting my way through. At any rate, if it turns out bad, I'll have some practice at the exams, and I'll do them again next year or january whenever I can - I'll at least have done the lionshare of the study : / I also have to finish my uni project and write a 2 week essay for the german university application. My replies might be slow : /

the Monday exam went better than expected, they gave us the daphnia experiment, which fortunately I'd studied the most. Answered all the questions, know I made at least 3 mistakes that I can remember.

How was your exam?
    Yeah exactly! You've done the bulk of your studying already so even if you do badly now there's always next year which would simply just be a case of constantly revising everything that you already know!

No problem I completely understand how busy you are! Especially with your uni project etc.

Glad you felt confident for your Bio Unit 3 exam! You sound like you knew your stuff! Well done!

And my first exam is next Wednesday (Maths C1) so I'm hoping to finish up on all my notes for Biology a couple of days before then so I can crack on with the serious revision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philip-flop)
    Yeah exactly! You've done the bulk of your studying already so even if you do badly now there's always next year which would simply just be a case of constantly revising everything that you already know!

No problem I completely understand how busy you are! Especially with your uni project etc.

Glad you felt confident for your Bio Unit 3 exam! You sound like you knew your stuff! Well done!

And my first exam is next Wednesday (Maths C1) so I'm hoping to finish up on all my notes for Biology a couple of days before then so I can crack on with the serious revision.
    I got lucky on monday. I still haven't done any timed practice biology exams, but I did read through 3 and go over answers in my head before checking the answer and examiner's notes. That helped with confidence and knowing how they mark them etc.

But the rest I don't know well at all. If I get through friday, for the rest of the exams I'm splitting all the biology units into "concepts" and "processes", and I'm going to memorize them. I posted a link a few comments back to another student, the memory method works really well actually, it just takes a little while to put it together the first time. Did you see the link? Watch the videos, it may help you!

And right now I'll take all the help and tricks I can get, because I understand all the material, I just can't remember them very well or at all in some cases : ( So far, more or less there are about 30 of these categories to remember in each unit, some of these are really small and others pretty long. I'll see what I can do. Try it and let me know what happens!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.