Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

"Asad Shah death: Man admits killing shopkeeper because he 'disrespected' Islam" watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    He wasn't literally his brother, just another Moslem (and of course he denies the victim is even that).
    In Islam, everyone is each others brothers and sisters. I'm Muslim and my muslim friends refer to each as such. I refer to everyone as my brother and sister

(Original post by student.feed)
    In Islam, everyone is each others brothers and sisters. I'm Muslim and my muslim friends refer to each as such. I refer to everyone as my brother and sister
    Must make it difficult to find a suitable mate from within the community.

In any case, there are those of us from Muslim backgrounds who realise that you're lying. There may well be a scriptural justification for this, but please don't pretend that most Muslims think or behave like this in practice. You seem to be under the impression that nobody on this thread has so much as seen a picture of a Muslim, let alone met one, and that therefore you can get away with making false (or, at the very least, provincial masquerading as general) claims like this. Well, you won't.

ReputationRep:

I think this sums up how Muslims feel about each other quite well

ReputationRep:
    They are not Muslims.

They deny the fact that Muhammed was the seal of the prophets and the idea that he is the final messenger bestowed upon humanity.

Nevertheless, no one has the right to take this persons life based on that. He may have been wrong in his belief but he was doing a good gesture and the person who killed him should receive a due punishment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    The only thing I can find that is different about their beliefs is that they believe the Messiah has come, as prophesied by Mohammed.
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Ahmadis believe the same thing. They believe their founder carried on the teachings and he never put himself on par with the prophet.

Get the facts right.
    This isn't true.

The following is straight from the leader of the movement's mouth / pen :

'Some members of my community who possess only a sketchy and superficial knowledge of my claims and the arguments in support of them and have had no time to study my writings closely nor have kept my company for a reasonable length of time to perfect their knowledge, some time meet an opponent's objection with a reply which is not based on facts. The result inevitably is that notwithstanding their being in the right they suffer a great humiliation.

Only recently an Ahmadi was confronted with an objection to the effect that he had pledged allegiance to one who claimed to be a nabi (prophet) and a rasul (messenger). He got over this objection by a sheer denial of any such claim on my part. Obviously the answer was not correct.The fact is that the holy and pure revelation which God has vouchsafed me contains such words as nabi (prophet) and rasul (messenger).

These words occur in my revelations not once or twice but hundreds of times. In the face of these revelations, how can this answer be correct that such words do not occur at all. Whereas such words now occur more often with greater frequency and clarity than before.

Even the Braheen-i-Ahmadiyya, published about 22 years ago, contains such words in abundance. One of the revelations published in the Braheen is as follows: HUWALLAZEE ARSALA RASOOLAHU BIL HUDAA WA DEENIL HAQQI LIYUZHIRAHU i.e., He it is Who sent His Messenger with guidance and the religion of truth, that He may make it prevail over every other religion (vide page 498). In this revelation I have been clearly designated as rasul (messenger)... '

http://www.alislam.org/books/misunde...ngremoved.html

ReputationRep:
    Islam's intolerance strikes again. It's time many of these kind of Muslims grew up and learnt to deal with criticism in a mature way, without frothing at the mouth and resorting to mindless violence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)

In any case, there are those of us from Muslim backgrounds who realise that you're lying. There may well be a scriptural justification for this, but please don't pretend that most Muslims think or behave like this in practice. You seem to be under the impression that nobody on this thread has so much as seen a picture of a Muslim, let alone met one, and that therefore you can get away with making false (or, at the very least, provincial masquerading as general) claims like this. Well, you won't.
    I'm not lying. In Islam this is how we refer to another. The text that i made bold, what is that supposed to mean?

ReputationRep:

Most Muslims do think of each other as brothers and sisters.

Why do you assume otherwise?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by TaintedLight)
    Not that I care what is crawling up your arse but your bitterness makes me smile
    A rather ironic response, given your concession to Good bloke immediately above that. In any case, you may need to learn the difference between bitterness and light mockery; perhaps you can spend a few seconds doing that instead of changing the font in your next post. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onde)
    What happens to good heretics after they die?
    Only God knows.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missfats)
    They are not Muslims.

They deny the fact that Muhammed was the seal of the prophets and the idea that he is the final messenger bestowed upon humanity.

Nevertheless, no one has the right to take this persons life based on that. He may have been wrong in his belief but he was doing a good gesture and the person who killed him should receive a due punishment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    "wrong in his belief"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onde)
    The hadiths record Muhammad as saying there will be 72 heretical sects of Islam, that are doomed to burn. Do you agree with this view, and do you consider such heretics as brothers and sisters? Is this related to the concept of "innocence"?
    And the biggest sect will be truthful one.
    Nevertheless only God knows who is a true believer and so I would call them brothers and sisters. But ahmadis are committing shirk so calling them Muslims even if they follow most of the principles of Islam is wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    #TotallyNotIncent

I'm not lying. In Islam this is how we refer to another.

Why do you assume otherwise?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There is a tendency among some (not most -- certainly not Muslims in the part of the world that my family is from) Muslims to refer to other Muslims as 'brother' or 'sister', yes, but to pretend that they think of each other as literal, biological brothers and sisters (i.e. they see no difference between their own siblings and any other Muslim) is being much too economical with the truth to let pass. What you are suggesting is quite different from the fraternity naturally felt by Muslims towards other Muslims (usually of the same sect, but that's another argument altogether).

ReputationRep:
    There is a tendency among some (not most -- certainly not Muslims in the part of the world that my family is from) Muslims to refer to other Muslims as 'brother' or 'sister', yes, but to pretend that they think of each other as literal, biological brothers and sisters (i.e. they see no difference between their own siblings and any other Muslim) is being much too economical with the truth to let pass. What you are suggesting is quite different from the fraternity naturally felt by Muslims towards other Muslims (usually of the same sect, but that's another argument altogether).
    No one was suggesting they are biological siblings.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No one was suggesting they are biological siblings.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The member that I was replying to strongly implied it:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    They are Muslims though. They celebrate Ramadan and Eid, they read the Quran and they believe in Allah and the Prophet M.

Sad that the most peaceful Muslim denomination are called the non Muslims.
    (Original post by AlifunArnab)
    Ahmadiyya aren't Muslims in the same way someone who doesn't believe in God can't be a Muslim.
    Makes sense

ReputationRep:
    You're all ignorant, once again blaming Islam for a psychopath.

Does every Muslim go around doing this? No.
    Just like every other religion, there are a minority who are mad and justify acts. Islam says it's haram to kill. But you're all going to assume this Tanveer Ahmed is a devout Muslim who represents the entirety of the religion. Shame on you all.

Also, if you're going to quote the Quran, use context. To what situation? To whom? Don't find bits that support your argument in a trashy, biased form.

ReputationRep:
    And the biggest sect will be truthful one.
    Nevertheless only God knows who is a true believer and so I would call them brothers and sisters. But ahmadis are committing shirk so calling them Muslims even if they follow most of the principles of Islam is wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Isn't making takfir on other Muslims a very big sin in Islam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onde)
    The qur'an calls for all unbelievers and heretics to be slaughtered until all worship is for Allah, which suggests that Muslims can make such judgements. In the case of heretics, I believe the qur'an says even if they convert to the "correct" Islam, they're supposed to be brutally murdered anyway.

You certainly ask too much questions

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.