ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgetMe)
    *hands rory to the zombies*

psh

ReputationRep:
    This is like a runescape puzzle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    No I didn't and apparently it was the wrong answer anyway because the boats can't move by themselves. Personally I don't see why they can't just attach a rope to the boat to drag it back but apparently that's against the rules.
    Becuase it's an abstract puzzle not a real world problem. You could have the exact same puzzle but with unspecified variables which have relations to each other that mirror the zombies and the humans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluemadhatter)

psh

One of them, one of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgetMe)

One of them, one of them
    no no :cry2: MY BEAUTIFUL BABY

you will pay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I basically just posted this because it mentions 'the other side' :getmecoat:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    And it should be easy for you guys to solve.
    Easy!
    Take a zombie and human. Let the human come back whilst returning. Then take 2 zombies together back to the other side. Drop one of them of and let the other come to the otherside. Now there are 3 humans and 1 zombie on one side and 2 zombies on the other. Then, I think you put two humans on and take it to the otherside and one of them swaps with a zombie. They go to the original side and then the zombie gets off. You then take the human on the original side and go to the other side. You swap both off the humans with the one zombie. You take that zombie to the original side and get his zombie pal in the same boat, you drop him off on the other side. Then you go back again, as a zombie to the original side, and you get your other zombie pal, and you both get off.

Done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KINGYusuf)
    Your first step, you take 1 zombie to the other side, so there's more zombies than humans lol
    (Original post by Axel Johann)
    Yeah but on that island there's only one zombie and no humans, thus no humans can be eaten since there are no humans there. The reason there can't be more zombies than humans is because they will get eaten.
    You know what, I didn't even think of the rule in that way, but yeah, what Axel said does make sense.

Edit: Axel, your solution looks correct, as well as KINGYusuf's :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hōseki)
    1 zombie and 1 human there, human back. 2 zombies there, 1 zombie back. 2 humans there, 1 human and 1 zombie back. 2 humans there, 1 zombie back. The one zombie takes the remaining zombies to the other side.
    Well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KINGYusuf)
    zombie and human on boat -> delivers human to other side zombie stays on boat so 2 humans and 2 zombies left on initial side -> zombie on boat goes back to other side to pick up zombie -> delivers zombie to other side with 1 human -> so one side has 1 zombie 1 human, initial side has 2 humans 1 zombie -> zombie on boat then goes and delivers 1 human to other side -> so other side now has 2 humans 1 zombie, initial has 1 human 1 zombie -> zombie on boat delivers zombie to other side -> so other side now has 2 humans 2 zombies, initial side just has 1 human -> so zombie on boat picks up the last human and both get off on the other side

idk if it's right lol
    And yep, that works :borat:

ReputationRep:
    Well done!
    What about me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boss_Rhythm)
    Easy!
    Take a zombie and human. Let the human come back whilst returning. Then take 2 zombies together back to the other side. Drop one of them of and let the other come to the otherside. Now there are 3 humans and 1 zombie on one side and 2 zombies on the other. Then, I think you put two humans on and take it to the otherside and one of them swaps with a zombie. They go to the original side and then the zombie gets off. You then take the human on the original side and go to the other side. You swap both off the humans with the one zombie. You take that zombie to the original side and get his zombie pal in the same boat, you drop him off on the other side. Then you go back again, as a zombie to the original side, and you get your other zombie pal, and you both get off.

Done!
    Looks good :borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boss_Rhythm)
    What about me?
    I was just getting to yours :lol:

Patience...

ReputationRep:
    I was just getting to yours :lol:

Patience...
    Looks good :borat:
    COOL! THANKS!! I definitely did not look at the answers on google!! I am not some brainiac maniac, going to a county school! Brah!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Impressive)

Okay. I'm not completely out.

I just woke up (2am!) It was the last thread I've posted in and I can't really sleep now.

I quickly looked up on the Internet for the answers and they're pretty obvious.

So! I would came up with another answer.

What's got my attention is that the author used these kind of 'creatures'? Instead of something else.

What's even better is that I have seen a picture of people - us! Being perceived as zombies due to our natural habits, especially with disconnection to other people because of today's technology.

So, if we place a zombie and human inside the boat, the zombie should eat them, or something. (in this case it might be another person disagreeing with the other one on the boat).

However! If we are going to classify zombie as another person with bad intentions. We can then conclude that until there will be agreement between those two, it will be impossible to cross the river.

There is also a song on youtube I would love to share but it's a bed time(sort of).

Sorry for my baffling.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am so confused.. :rofl:

So are you saying that everyone on the side of the river is a zombie?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Also, you can go ahead and share the song if you want :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R T)
    This is the second fastest solution. You should realise this because your ride 2 does nothing functional with Y but moves Z, and your ride 3 does nothing functional with A, moves B and restores the original state of Z. This is, in essence, identical to just changing B once.

Fastest solution is
    Ride 1 - 2 zombies cross, 1 zombie returns
    Ride 2 - 1 human, 1 zombie cross, 1 zombie returns
    Ride 3 - last 2 humans cross
    :eyebrow:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.