The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Wired_1800
You are wrong. The Pyramids were built by indigenous black Africans. The Pyramids originated from Sudan, where Sudanese negroes buried their dead in pyramids as a ritual for their souls to have a good afterlife. I suggest that you do an in-depth reseearch.

If I were you I'd be terribly ashamed and embarrassed to claim another race's entire history and culture as your own. The Nubian Pyramids of Sudan were built almost a thousand years after the Pyramids of ancient Egypt and are but a pale imitation.

The Ancient Egyptians were not Black Africans, there has never been a civilisation of Black Africans at the Mediterranean. The 'appropriation' of ancient Egyptian successes only serves to decrease the African inferiority complex.

Nearly every ethnic group has claimed the Pyramids as their own, from the Jews to White Supremacists who claim Nordic design and now Black people, for the sole reason that Egypt sits on the continent of Africa.

Where have all the supposed African Egyptians gone? Why don't they make up a significant portion of Egypt's population today when after centuries of Arab rule, Egypt's population remains only 15% Arab according to the Guardian Newspaper. (http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2010/jul/08/egyptian-arab-cultural-identity)
People who say "All lives matter" piss me off. We KNOW all lives matter. But given the circumstances over in the US a lot of black people feel like their lives DO NOT matter, hence the movement. How many of you "All lives matter" ***** would go to a charity race for cancer and shout "All diseases matter!"?
Original post by trillinhomie
have you heard of the tamir rice shooting? (he was fatally shot in a drive by shooting by two police officers because he had a toy gun at a park)
the death of sandra bland? (she was found dead in her jail cell, after being arrested for not using her indicator on a road, people suggested she dead in her mugshot after being killed by police)

Sandra bland mugshot:

Note: Tamir Rice was TWELVE YEARS OLD

i've heard of those stories, it's actually heartbreaking , the treatment people get because of colour, sterotypes etc
Original post by Novascope
People who say "All lives matter" piss me off. We KNOW all lives matter. But given the circumstances over in the US a lot of black people feel like their lives DO NOT matter, hence the movement. How many of you "All lives matter" ***** would go to a charity race for cancer and shout "All diseases matter!"?

great point
http://www.upworthy.com/here-are-10-images-by-the-time-i-reached-the-third-one-i-was-crying-by-the-10th-i-was-furious

John Crawford was holding a toy gun as he stood in the toy section of a Walmart. Before the police shot him to death in that same aisle, John managed to say, "It's not real." But it was too late for John.

Sean Bell was going to get married. One night, he was driving away from his bachelor party with his friends, Joseph and Trent. Suddenly, he hit a minivan. Four undercover police officers from the minivan began to shoot at them without warning, firing a total of 50 bullets at the three unarmed men. A wounded Joseph turned to Sean and said, "S, I love you, son." Sean's reply: "I love you, too." Joseph and Trent survived, but their best friend, Sean, didn't make it.

One of the witnesses in the Trayvon Martin trial, Rachel Jeantel, was on the phone with Trayvon moments before the scuffle with George Zimmerman that ended his life. One of the last things she heard the unarmed Trayvon say to the man who was following him with a gun that fateful night: "Why are you following me for?"

Michael Brown died August 2014. Ferguson, Missouri, police officer Darren Wilson shot him at least six times, twice in the head. Michael was not armed. His friend and eyewitness reported that Michael said: "I don't have a gun. Stop shooting." Minutes later, he was on the ground, bleeding. Dr. Michael M. Baden, the man who did Michael's autopsy, told the New York Times, "In my capacity as the forensic examiner for the New York State Police, I would say, 'You're not supposed to shoot so many times.'"

Amadou Diallo died right outside his own apartment in the Bronx. He was unarmed. Four police officers shot 41 bullets, hitting Amadou 19 times. Later, they claimed that they had mistaken Amadou for a serial rapist. That same day, some of the last words he said to his mother as he spoke over the phone were, "Mom, I'm going to college."

Eric Garner died July 2014. He was unarmed. Police officers were trying to arrest him forallegedly selling untaxed cigarettes. Eric suffered from asthma, and as a police officer put his arm around Eric's neck during the arrest, he managed to gasp, "I can't breathe!" The New York City medical examiner's office ruled Eric's death a homicide, pointing out that the officer's choke hold might have been a big factor.

Jonathan Ferrell had been in a traffic accident and was knocking on a homeowner's door for help. He was unarmed. An attorney later described a video of the incident, which reportedly showed that when police officers approached Jonathan, he was holding his hands out in a non-threatening manner. The police officers never identified themselves. One of them fired 12 times, and 10 of those bullets hit him. Even as Jonathan lay on the ground, bleeding and dying from 10 gunshot wounds, the officers handcuffed him. Jonathan's dead body remained handcuffed all the way to the medical examiner's office.

Oscar Grant was on a subway train in Oakland when a police officer forced him out of the car and onto the subway platform. Oscar was lying down when a second police officer shot a bullet into his back. "You shot me! You shot me!" Oscar yelled before he died. That officer later testified that he meant to use his Taser on Oscar instead of his handgun. A court later ruled that the two had no legal reason to get Oscar who was unarmed off the train.

Kimani Gray was standing on a street in Brooklyn when police officers approached him. The officers claimed that when they approached Kimani, he pulled a gun from his waistband and pointed it at them. But one eyewitness, Tishana King, said Kimani never pointed a gun. She also said the police officers didn't identify themselves when they approached. Police officers shot Kimani at least seven times, even though Kimani hadn't shot a single bullet. One witness said some of Kimani's last words were, "Please don't let me die."

Kendrec McDade died after a man called Oscar Carillo made a phony 911 call, telling police officers that he had just been the victim of an armed robbery. He later admitted that he had lied about the guns. The two officers eventually found Kendrec in an alleyway. They began shooting after Kendrec apparently moved his hands to his waistband. But Kendrec didn't have a gun on him. All he had was a cellphone in his pocket. Court documents show that Kendrec's last wordswere, "Why did you shoot me?"
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by KingBradly
This "we" you talk about doesn't include myself. I'm a serious critic of Islam and believe the same about that group as I do the US police. When you have that many bad apples, something is wrong with the tree. Also, don't just pull statistics out of your arse. Give me a real one.

Oh my apologies, I didn't realise I was debating with someone ignorant. There isn't, to my knowledge, an actual reputable figure on the number of innocent people killed by police so it's not possible to give a real one.

Original post by KingBradly
But the problem is that lots are.

Well we don't know how many innocent people are killed by police.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok for some reason my account (@trillinhomie) was permanently banned a few minutes ago so I'll be replying on this account lol

Idk why I was banned, the card says "non-post related card" so god knows what I've done
Thanks ppl

EDIT: so I was banned for a T&Cs breach, and as I'm reading through them I'm not sure what I've done wrong lmao
If a mod sees this contact me
I hope I haven't been falsely banned for wanting equality😂
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 87
America has a problem with police brutality, but that's because the police are too prone to using violence to resolve situations, not because of race.

Black people are killed more frequently by the police because they commit more crime.

Black lives matter has turned into a social justice movement that is doing everything it can to create a narrative of victimhood and they don't care about black people as long as they can virtue signal about it.

The issue is that so many black kids grow up without fathers and in non-traditional households and it's no surprise that this leads to more crime being committed. Black Lives Matter literally campaign against the traditional family and if they honestly think that less policing in black communities will lead to less crime then they're even more stupid than they already look.
Original post by Roofas
If I were you I'd be terribly ashamed and embarrassed to claim another race's entire history and culture as your own. The Nubian Pyramids of Sudan were built almost a thousand years after the Pyramids of ancient Egypt and are but a pale imitation.

The Ancient Egyptians were not Black Africans, there has never been a civilisation of Black Africans at the Mediterranean. The 'appropriation' of ancient Egyptian successes only serves to decrease the African inferiority complex.

Nearly every ethnic group has claimed the Pyramids as their own, from the Jews to White Supremacists who claim Nordic design and now Black people, for the sole reason that Egypt sits on the continent of Africa.

Where have all the supposed African Egyptians gone? Why don't they make up a significant portion of Egypt's population today when after centuries of Arab rule, Egypt's population remains only 15% Arab according to the Guardian Newspaper. (http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2010/jul/08/egyptian-arab-cultural-identity)

I think that I am done here. There is no need to further this argument.

Thanks for coming.
ok woo

More black people killed by black people than by white people.

True.

But guess what ?That would have been true 100 years ago.

That would have been true under apartheid in South Africa. That would have been true under Jim Crow segregation in the USA.

Why ? Because those are the people you live around.

But black people should not have worried about some thing as trivial as Apartheid or Jim Crow or Hangings and Lynchings by the KKK and got there own house in order. Right ?

The "Black On Black Crime" argument is like telling Breast Cancer Support Groups not to bother with that cancer and focus on Lung Cancer because that is the biggest cancer killer.

When ISIS killed whites in Paris you did not hear "Well, more white people kill white people, than muslims""

That would have been just as true.

But to you white life is unconditional were as black life is conditional (On Good Behaviour.

The police are held to a higher standard. That's why police killings of black people cause the commotion that they do. Because if you have the power to kill me, then you better believe I'm gonna hold you to a higher standard.

It's the same way a teacher can't be late often for their class and then turn around and say "Well some of you are late too" Also this 2015 the age of the I-Phone, CCTV. How many black people were killed in the 20's, 30's 40's, 50's, 60s, 70s and 80's and 90's by the Police ? Thousands.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 92
We should support an organisation who want segregation and the founders talk about killing "men and white folk"?
Original post by joecphillips
We should support an organisation who want segregation and the founders talk about killing "men and white folk"?

why would people be friends with a closet racist?
Original post by djh2208
America has a problem with police brutality, but that's because the police are too prone to using violence to resolve situations, not because of race.

Black people are killed more frequently by the police because they commit more crime.

Black lives matter has turned into a social justice movement that is doing everything it can to create a narrative of victimhood and they don't care about black people as long as they can virtue signal about it.

The issue is that so many black kids grow up without fathers and in non-traditional households and it's no surprise that this leads to more crime being committed. Black Lives Matter literally campaign against the traditional family and if they honestly think that less policing in black communities will lead to less crime then they're even more stupid than they already look.

I agree with some parts of what you have written. Yes, some black children, especially black boys, grow up without a fatherly or manly role model to teach them how to act or behave. As a result, they tend to depend on the "streets" or their friends, who always are trying to "survive" on their own.

I strongly doubt that black people commit more crime. The so-called FBI statistics, or whatever, may not necessarily show the true figures because not all cases of crimes/offences committed by white people are reported. I have a white American male friend, who was caught with drugs in California by Police Officers. Their reaction was to seize the drugs from him and verbally warn him against it. He even owned up to me that he should not have been easily let go. I wonder what would have happened if it was a black person in that situation.

I don't think that the black lives matter movement has been campaigning for less policing in their communities. They mostly want a different strategy to policing with more humane reactions. In Ferguson, Missouri, when the Mike Brown was killed, one major question that remained unanswered was why are there more white police officers in a more predominantly black neighbourhood?

Common sense dictates that local authorities should represent the racial, ethnic or gender profile of their communities. This is one big issue that the women's rights are campaigning for in the boardrooms, with women representing less than 30% of board members in the Top 100 companies.

Black lives matter is indeed about social justice for black people and the campaigners do care about black people.

I often wonder why some people, in the UK, get very angry with the #blacklivesmatter movement happening in the US. There is something fundamentally wrong with our modern society.

When black movie stars decided to boycott the Oscars, people became very angry. When black basketball stars decided to boycott LA Clippers for the racist remarks made by their owner, people became very angry. When black artists and famous people boycotted brands such as Tommy Hilfiger for his racist comments, people got angry. When Beyonce sang her formation song, people got angry.

To me, it is just a case of "Oh, these black people again, what do they want now." All they want is just fairness and justice.
I always felt that the BLM movement could have done themselves a huge PR service with a better name.

The name Black Lives Matter implies something exclusive, but what they are really campaigning for more closely approximates "Black Lives Matter Too"
Reply 96
I think that I am done here. There is no need to further this argument.

Thanks for coming.

Translation: "Triggered".

You're very welcome.
I have a white American male friend, who was caught with drugs in California by Police Officers. Their reaction was to seize the drugs from him and verbally warn him against it

Quids says that those drugs were never reported to their sergeant. Those police officers were probably corrupt (I mean, depending on how much we're talking about)
Original post by PrincePaul798989
More black people killed by black people than by white people.

True. But guess what ?That would have been true 100 years ago. That would have been true under apartheid in South Africa. That would have been true under Jim Crow segregation in the USA. Why? Because those are the people you live around. But black people should not have worried about some thing as trivial as Apartheid or Jim Crow or Hangings and Lynchings by the KKK and got there own house in order. Right ? The "Black On Black Crime" argument is like telling Breast Cancer Support Groups not to bother with that cancer and focus on Lung Cancer because that is the biggest cancer killer. When ISIS killed whites in Paris you did not hear "Well, more white people kill white people, than muslims"" That would have been just as true. But to you white life is unconditional were as black life is conditional (On Good Behaviour. The police are held to a higher standard. That's why police killings of black people cause the commotion that they do. Because if you have the power to kill me, then you better believe I'm gonna hold you to a higher standard. It's the same way a teacher can't be late often for their class and then turn around and say "Well some of you are late too" Also this 2015 the age of the I-Phone, CCTV. How many black people were killed in the 20's, 30's 40's, 50's, 60s, 70s and 80's and 90's by the Police ? Thousands.

I really don't see how what happened 100 years ago is relevant. You can't compare inequality back then to what's it like in modern day America unless you are just completely deluded. Besides, I'm not saying they shouldn't focus on the current 'issues' they are tackling, I'm just saying they should address it on top of those other issues. In my opinion, black on black murder is a far bigger problem that anything they are currently tackling. Obviously, this wouldn't be the case 100 years ago as you stated. The whole ISIS example is hardly comparable either. This is a movement that is actively campaigning that 'black lives matter' so why are they ignoring the cause of the biggest loss of black lives? Once again, I wasn't trying to deny the issue of police brutality so why are you implying that I somehow suggested you should ignore it?

By the way, on the issue of police brutality, could you provide me with a source that proves racism is the cause of a disproportionate amount of black shootings by US police?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BeastOfSyracuse
Quids says that those drugs were never reported to their sergeant. Those police officers were probably corrupt (I mean, depending on how much we're talking about)

The main point is that for them to have let him go. For a black person, it may not be the case.

I watched a video where a group of about 15 teenage boys crossed the road at a red light. The police officer ran up to arrest the only black boy in their group.

Latest

Trending

Trending