The Student Room Group

Sick of my weight, totally depressed feel really ugly 😟 diet tips pls

Scroll to see replies

I'm happy with my weight and I wouldn't say I'm ugly or anything. My current weight is 50kg. However, last summer I did lose 5kgs and this is what I did:

- 10-12 glasses of water everyday(especially in the morning before breakfast)

-I did around 1hour and 45 minutes of exercise including cardio, and ab work out.

-Never had big meals, small meals and snacking included only fruits and nuts or water.

-Excluded all the sugary or fizzy drinks and sweets from my diet.

I was 45kg then but tbh it wasn't because I was fat before, I just wanted to regulate my healthy eating habits. :smile:
Original post by SophieSmall
I know several fat and obese vegans.

Vegan does not necessarily = healthy or low calorie food.

You can eat the healthiest vegan food in the world and still be overweight if you eat too much of it.

Ah no, the thing is if you eat 'healthy' high carb low fat you cant gain weight even if you over at because carbs do not get converted into fat(which is the fat on your body) and also its hard to eat more than 5000 calories on this lifestyle; if your confused as even 5000 seems a lot ithink you should watch drewlikesrice or smthing
Original post by debbs567
simple tips

- drink tons of water to shift some weight-actually works but means you need the toilet a lot
-eat meals more slowly
-more veg and fruit to fill you instead of junk
find healthy snacks you like
walk more
Stay positive and think about the things which are unique to you which you like about yourself.
find youtube videos which are practical and inspiring

Yep i agree but obviously not TONS there is such thing as water intoxication
It's nice to come into a thread and not have to contribute. Already done for me.
Original post by veganavb
Ah no, the thing is if you eat 'healthy' high carb low fat you cant gain weight even if you over at because carbs do not get converted into fat(which is the fat on your body) and also its hard to eat more than 5000 calories on this lifestyle; if your confused as even 5000 seems a lot ithink you should watch drewlikesrice or smthing

What you just said is scientifically and factually incorrect.

Carbohydrates absolutely can and will be stored as fat. Please learn your metabolic pathways, then come back to me and claim that with a straight face.

@Angry cucumber :lol:
Original post by hezzlington
It's nice to come into a thread and not have to contribute. Already done for me.

But it's so exhausting. :tongue: Jeeze, look at the one above you. Just wow, so misinformed.
But it's so exhausting. :tongue: Jeeze, look at the one above you. Just wow, so misinformed.

Ayyy tell that to nate diaz and harley stonham and millions of others who are CARBING THE **** UP

HAVING MORE ENERGY
SKINNY AF
BUT STILL STRONG AF
(edited 8 years ago)
Ayyy tell that to nate diaz and harley stonham and millions of others who are CARBING THE **** UP

HAVING MORE ENERGY
SKINNY AF
BUT STILL STRONG AF

While you get fatter and fatter eating your chicken

Wow, you sure showed me! :rolleyes: What an intelligent response.

Honestly have fun failing science if you ever pursue it if genuinely believe what you are saying.
I run whenever I see people in support of Freelee The Banana girl.

Truely a lost cause.
Do you think then that humans need equal amounts of fat, protein and carbohydrates???

No, and I never stated that.

Point is you said something factually and scientifically incorrect. You said carbs do not get stored as fat. FACT is that carbs can and do get stored as fat. Like I said, learn your metabolic pathways and maybe then you'll stop claiming such embarrassingly stupid things.
Do you think then that humans need equal amounts of fat, protein and carbohydrates???

does sugar make you fat?
I run whenever I see people in support of Freelee The Banana girl.

Truely a lost cause.

Anyone who supports freelee and believes what she says is either;

a) incredibly uneducated, and likely part of the young demographic (under 16) not yet mature enough to realise they should research things for themselves and actually look for credible sources.

b) they are genuinely too stupid to ever understand how weight, metabolic pathways and all of that actually works.

c) Delusional.

HAVING MORE ENERGY
SKINNY AF
BUT STILL STRONG AF

While you get fatter and fatter eating your chicken

This isn't true. :colonhash: Lean proteins and vegetables is how most people lose and maintain their weight, so no you won't get fat by eating chicken. However, you will get fat by eating excessive amounts of processed junk and oil.

Too many carbs are excessive, you can't shove 50 bananas down your throat everyday and call it a "Healthy diet".
does sugar make you fat?

No, didn't you know that glucose never gets stored as fat? Because that metabolic pathways suddenly doesn't exist now because she just said so. :lol:

And we should obviously believe her despite the fact our education blatantly shows othewise and she has given us no actual sources or evidence for her claims. Other than some youtubers who make money off selling people diet for views, who all obviously know what they're talking about....right?
(edited 8 years ago)
No, didn't you know that glucose never gets stored as fat? Because that metabolic pathways suddenly doesn't exist now because she just said so. :lol:

And we should obviously believe her despite the fact our education blatantly shows other ways and she has given us no actual sources or evidence for her claims. Other than some youtubers who make money off selling people diet for views, who all obviously know what they're talking about....right?

:dontknow:

I don't know if I have it in me to post in nutrition threads anymore.
:dontknow:

I don't know if I have it in me to post in nutrition threads anymore.

haha, I see it as hopefully nipping it in the bud.
By saying my bit I hope I inform them of the facts behind it before some confused and poor soul who doesn't understand gets a message from someone like Veganavb and ends up incredibly unhealthy, fat and with diabetes from eat nothing but carbohydrates in a massive calorie excess from following her complete uneducated nonsense..
By saying my bit I hope I inform them of the facts behind it before some confused and poor soul who doesn't understand gets a message from someone like Veganavb and ends up incredibly unhealthy, fat and with diabetes from eat nothing but carbohydrates in a massive calorie excess from following her complete uneducated nonsense..

I don't doubt this, have you ever seen this video?

[video="youtube;gewjtD4Lwbw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gewjtD4Lwbw[/video]

She gained a ridiculous amount of weight on the "High carb" vegan diet. What I cannot understand is, why didn't she stop when she saw it wasn't working :/...not that it was going to work anyway.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I don't doubt this, have you ever seen this video?

[video="youtube;gewjtD4Lwbw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gewjtD4Lwbw[/video]

She gained a ridiculous amount of weight on the "High carb" vegan diet. What I cannot understand is, why didn't she stop when she saw it wasn't working :/...not that it was going to work anyway.

Nope not seen it. I try to stay away from that side of youtube, it makes me unreasonably angry. Haha :tongue:

This is what happens when yeh study media. see above.
Original post by trustmeimlying1
This is what happens when yeh study media. see above.

Sorry who studies media?

Eh you can still study media and be intelligent. You just have to go out of your way to learn and understand this stuff since media students won't learn it in an academic environment.

Quick Reply

Latest