I've firmed for nutrition and food science :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
I firmed for psychology :smile:
Original post by yayitsrosie
I firmed Reading yesterday and thought I'd start this thread to get to know some people who are also going in September and make some friends ahah!! I'm going to study Zoology

I'll be going to Reading in September :smile: I took a gap year (and another year to do a foundation diploma) so I've got an unconditional place.
I'm going to be studying English lit and hopefully film too, but so far just English. I've accepted a place in Wessex hall but now I'm not sure if I regret it because I did like the look of Bridges, but oh well!
So yeah, I'm glad I found this thread!
Original post by woahitslizzie
Firmed Reading Yesterday!! Conditional offer for computer science!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Has anyone been able to apply for accommodation yet? The link wont work for me /:

Hey, I just saw your post (applying for eng. lit btw) but how do we apply for accommodation??
Reply 84
Master in Project Management
Original post by amandalee98
Hey, I just saw your post (applying for eng. lit btw) but how do we apply for accommodation??

Oh that's cool :smile:
I applied on the risis portal. Have you been emailed information and login details for that?
Reply 86
Hiii,

I firmed for Accounting and management. Nice to meet you all 😁
I firmed Reading for Ancient history ages ago just was unable to find a feed like this so hello...
Hi guys, I am from Bulgaria and I will be studying International Management and Business Administration in UoR. I am hoping to get a place in St.George's Hall.Is there anyone else that will be studying the same course as me? Also is there anyone from Bulgaria that will also be attending a course in Reading starting this September?
Hey all! I firmed my unconditional offer a few months ago but just found this feed. I'll be doing a PhD in Management and will be staying at Bridges hall in their premium en-suites. Ironically as a researcher, I didn't do much research when it came to accommodation hah! I just looked at what looked good in pictures, and Bridges won. Excited to start and hope to see you there! :smile:
Reply 90
I know Im really late but I Firmed Reading with an Unconditional offer for Pharmacy ! I have no clue about any accommodation though ! Can anyone reccomend any? Im thinking of bridges or st georges? :smile:
I've firmed for Food Science! I only firmed last week and so I still have the accommodation to arrange. How does this work? Am I awaiting an email with log in details?
Original post by Kikixoxo
I know Im really late but I Firmed Reading with an Unconditional offer for Pharmacy ! I have no clue about any accommodation though ! Can anyone reccomend any? Im thinking of bridges or st georges? :smile:

Hey same here! Gotten an unconditional offer from them at around March, straight away accepted! Are you a gap year student or did you just totally ACE your interview? XD
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Helen1238
I'll be going to Reading in September :smile: I took a gap year (and another year to do a foundation diploma) so I've got an unconditional place.
I'm going to be studying English lit and hopefully film too, but so far just English. I've accepted a place in Wessex hall but now I'm not sure if I regret it because I did like the look of Bridges, but oh well!
So yeah, I'm glad I found this thread!

Hey Helen,
If you decide that Wessex isn't for you during your time at Reading and there are spaces available in other Halls (i.e. Bridges) then you can contact Accommodation to arrange a transfer of Halls :smile:

Congratulations on getting an unconditional offer :smile:

Mark
2nd Year Accounting and Management
Original post by Linhmus
Hiii,

I firmed for Accounting and management. Nice to meet you all 😁

Congratulations and a great course I must say :u:
If you have any questions regarding Henley Business School or the Course I'd be happy to help :smile:

Mark
I have firmed for the International Management and Business Administration with Spanish course, is there anyone here who will also be studying this course? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
Original post by UniofReading
Congratulations and a great course I must say :u:
If you have any questions regarding Henley Business School or the Course I'd be happy to help :smile:

Mark

I am doing Accounting and Business next year and was wandering what the deal is with using the ICMA centre is. Is it only available to those doing courses directly associated with it? Or are the evening classes or something similar for others to have a go

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Max9708
I am doing Accounting and Business next year and was wandering what the deal is with using the ICMA centre is. Is it only available to those doing courses directly associated with it? Or are the evening classes or something similar for others to have a go

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Max,
You are correct, The ICMA Centre is only available to those that registered on those particular programmes.

You can join the Finance Society as part of the Student Union. As part of their activities they may be allowed to open access to the Trading Room floor as part of their socials - though my advise would be to contact the Finance Society Committee when you arrive :smile:

Hope this helps.

Mark
Hello, I just got curious by reading the previous post, what is an ICMA Centre?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fadster123
Hello, I just got curious by reading the previous post, what is an ICMA Centre?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Fadster,

ICMA is part of Henley Business School. It's predominantly finance based degrees (Finance and Banking, Maths with Finance and Internet Banking etc).

Within the ICMA Centre are three state-of-the-art trading rooms, equipped by Thomson Reuters running it's own simulation platform software - it's truly remarkable if you have the opportunity to see it.

Hope this helps :smile:

Mark

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending