Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Staying in the EU means you have practically no control of your borders.

Anybody that's an EU citizen or legal resident can come to the UK. And thanks to the idiocy of Merkel and external EU borders that are as permeable as a tea bag millions of third worlders are entering the EU zone. In a few short years all those people will be EU citizens and they'll be showing up at Dover.
    No, we have secured a deal that gives us greater control of our borders, more than what leaving would give us assuming that we want to stay in the EU trading bloc. You lack awareness of british affairs.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I know you Brits aren't racist. Half your women are mud sharks. Unfortunately half your men are gay. Those two factors combined with an immigrant birth rate twice as fast as native birth rate guarantees you'll be extinct by the turn of the century.
    Pretty unpleasant views, but this is the internet after all.

That said, if i had your worldview i wouldn't think america was in a better position.

(If i was going to play Freud I would deduce that judging by that statement you're a repressed, insecure, racist with daddy issues and latent homosexual urges. I imagine you write dozens of anti-gay posts whilst having dozens of pictures of Trump/Putin/ Farage saved on your computer.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alternate Aurora)
    Less immigration will not solve UK low birth rate problem. It will get worse in future.

UK goverment should encourage British native people to have more babies per family, because without good population growth you can’t have good economy.

Just like Russia is doing.
    are you deliberately being stupid/troll as a joke?

ReputationRep:
    We are doomed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkvibes)
    We rely on imports and countries like that do have good workers that would love to come in the UK, which btw fills many of its jobs that are in shortage, we are an economy driven by immigration however much people deny it.

Im not particularly bothered that you choose to be rude against our people, doesnt bother me.
    And I'm not particularly bothered that you insinuated that the entire population of America was backward and racist.

What's the unemployment rate in the UK right now? 5.4% Seems you have plenty of available labor without importing all these "good workers" from Rwanda.

ReputationRep:
    "Deduce" Who are you, Sherlock Holmes?

Say what you know about the CSA. That should occupy your mind for at least 30 seconds. I can't wait to read your sophomoric opinions on the subject.

I'm just struggling to think of a black majority commonwealth country that isn't a basket case. I suppose some are better than others but when the line up includes places like Mozambique, Rwanda, Lesotho, PNG, and other assorted dunghills that's not saying much - the bar is set pretty low.

Oh, I know you Brits aren't racist. Half your women are mud sharks. Unfortunately half your men are gay. Those two factors combined with an immigrant birth rate twice as fast as native birth rate guarantees you'll be extinct by the turn of the century.

Good day to you Sir!
    How beligerent!
    I am quite offended, and deduce is a normal thing to say! We are British for gods sake!

ReputationRep:
    No, we have secured a deal that gives us greater control of our borders, more than what leaving would give us assuming that we want to stay in the EU trading bloc. You lack awareness of british affairs.
    LOL. So "Dodgy Dave" secured a deal. That must be a big weight off your mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexSharratt01)
    How beligerent!
    I am quite offended, and deduce is a normal thing to say! We are British for gods sake!
    I'll try harder next time and see if I can make you very offended.

ReputationRep:
    I'll try harder next time and see if I can make you very offended.
    Ok. Please my friend, DONT be vicious.

ReputationRep:
    And I'm not particularly bothered that you insinuated that the entire population of America was backward and racist.

What's the unemployment rate in the UK right now? 5.4% Seems you have plenty of available labor without importing all these "good workers" from Rwanda.
    It's low because the jobs are already filled by migrants, and we do need more. And once we have control of our border we can have a points system so only people with skills in shortage will be filled up and allowed to come. That's a little unrealistic tho.

There's dozens of country in the commonwealth, FYI.

LOL. So "Dodgy Dave" secured a deal. That must be a big weight off your mind.
    It's a good deal he secured. 'best of both worlds' as he called it. And there was nothing dodgy he did.

Besides, you know there's a problem with America when Trump and Clinton are the two biggest contenders for presidency.

ReputationRep:
    It's a good deal he secured. 'best of both worlds' as he called it. And there was nothing dodgy he did.
    LOL! The only deal that Cameron secured was a so-called Emergency Brake which allows the UK, in "exceptional" circumstances, to restrict certain in-work benefits to EU migrants for four years. The measures themselves will run for up to seven years.

I know my lack of awareness of British affairs is a stumbling block but tell me how this gives the UK greater control of its borders? Seems to me to have absolutely NOTHING to do with border control.

ReputationRep:
    LOL! The only deal that Cameron secured was a so-called Emergency Brake which allows the UK, in "exceptional" circumstances, to restrict certain in-work benefits to EU migrants for four years. The measures themselves will run for up to seven years.

I know my lack of awareness of British affairs is a stumbling block but tell me how this gives the UK greater control of its borders? Seems to me to have absolutely NOTHING to do with border control.
    Wrong.

The UK isnt part of the EUs border free zone anymore mate. We control our borders and have total control of EU nationals from continental Europe. That is fact, it came through the mail of everyone in the UK. We have got control now.

ReputationRep:
    we would need like visas to get into other countries and we would lose our trading bloc so we will have to be dependent on ourselves as most of our products are obtained from trading with other countries in the EU, if we were attacked or a disaster struck, would wouldn't get immediate help

it works if you think of it like this: the EU is a massive squad and all the countries are best friends, if one friend left the squad, no one would help them in a disaster or swap things or invite them to places etc

ReputationRep:
    Wrong.

The UK isnt part of the EUs border free zone anymore mate. We control our borders and have total control of EU nationals from continental Europe. That is fact, it came through the mail of everyone in the UK. We have got control now.
    You never were part of the EU's border free zone as you weren't part of the Schengen Agreement "mate".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sfaraj)
    we would need like visas to get into other countries and we would lose our trading bloc so we will have to be dependent on ourselves as most of our products are obtained from trading with other countries in the EU, if we were attacked or a disaster struck, would wouldn't get immediate help

it works if you think of it like this: the EU is a massive squad and all the countries are best friends, if one friend left the squad, no one would help them in a disaster or swap things or invite them to places etc
    LOL! So the EU now protects the UK from attack? I always thought it was a nuclear deterrent and membership of NATO that did that.

Why would you need visas to enter Europe? You didn't need them before EU membership. Do Americans, Australians, Canadians and people from umpteen other different countries need visas to enter the EU?.

Don't buy into the fear.

ReputationRep:
    LOL! So the EU now protects the UK from attack? I always thought it was a nuclear deterrent and membership of NATO that did that.

Why would you need visas to enter Europe? You didn't need them before EU membership. Do Americans, Australians, Canadians and people from umpteen other different countries need visas to enter the EU?.

Don't buy into the fear.
    well if the uk were to be attacked the EU would not really protect but help with redevelopment etc.

and idk, someone told me that once... i think its like border things or whatever

and yeah many middle eastern countries need visas to come places

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sfaraj)
    well if the uk were to be attacked the EU would not really protect but help with redevelopment etc.

and idk, someone told me that once... i think its like border things or whatever

and yeah many middle eastern countries need visas to come places
    The UK isn't a middle eastern country. There's absolutely no reason to believe that countries in the EU would start slapping visa requirements on British citizens. No reason at all.

ReputationRep:
    You never were part of the EU's border free zone as you weren't part of the Schengen Agreement "mate".
    You claimed that we didnt have control of our borders which we do. And we were never in the Schengen agreement.

Besides, why are you so interested in british affairs?

ReputationRep:
    The UK isn't a middle eastern country. There's absolutely no reason to believe that countries in the EU would start slapping visa requirements on British citizens. No reason at all.
    idk, like i said someone told me that before

ReputationRep:

Don't buy into the fear.
    Being in the EU means we have intelligence in 2 EU countries making it easier to catch and stop terrorists.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.