Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JRKinder)
    Oh really, where are you from/which uni are you going to? I've got no idea if it'll be any easier to find someone at uni but I guess we'll be meeting lots of new people so fingers crossed haha

Yeah it is! I don't think she feels the same way either. We won't be at the same uni anyway, so that'll make it even more difficult.
    Haha can you make a guess? I always make people guess because almost no one gets it right and I get very interesting answers when it comes to my nationality!

And I'm not sure of which UNI yet. I'm waiting for their decisions actually. Could be University of Bedfordshire or Hull or some other. All depends on where I get in.

Hey when you go to Uni it will actually get easier because you will be busy and hence distracted from thinking about her and stuff. You'll meet new girls and everything will hopefully be a lot better

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noara)
    Haha can you make a guess? I always make people guess because almost no one gets it right and I get very interesting answers when it comes to my nationality!

And I'm not sure of which UNI yet. I'm waiting for their decisions actually. Could be University of Bedfordshire or Hull or some other. All depends on where I get in.

Hey when you go to Uni it will actually get easier because you will be busy and hence distracted from thinking about her and stuff. You'll meet new girls and everything will hopefully be a lot better

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmm well a clue would be nice, I have literally nothing to go on and the world's a big place

You've still not heard back?! Leaving it a little late aren't they? Then again I did only hear back from my last one a few days ago, but most of my replies were in January.

And hopefully, it would make life easier. But we talk on Facebook quite a lot so the distance is unlikely to make much difference, guess I'll just wait until September and see what happens

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noara)
    Just wondering! I'll start by telling about myself. I have been brutally single for the last 17-almost-18 years of my life (and I'm so proud and happy about it lol)
    What the hell does brutally single even mean?

(Original post by Noara)
    Depends. Does the thought of it makes you happy? If yes then yup it counts and if no then, hell no it does not counts

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah

ReputationRep:
    Hmm well a clue would be nice, I have literally nothing to go on and the world's a big place

You've still not heard back?! Leaving it a little late aren't they? Then again I did only hear back from my last one a few days ago, but most of my replies were in January.

And hopefully, it would make life easier. But we talk on Facebook quite a lot so the distance is unlikely to make much difference, guess I'll just wait until September and see what happens
    Okay I'm just going to tell you. I'm from Pakistan although I don't live there (never have haha)!

I actually applied a couple of weeks before so I guess it's not that late

Oh shoot. That is the most torturous thing. I've been in your shoes a few times so I know how it feels

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Virgili)
    What the hell does brutally single even mean?
    It means.... Being... Deadly...single...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Look at all these losers who've never had a relationship

Spoiler:
    Show
    I am one of those losers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noara)
    Okay I'm just going to tell you. I'm from Pakistan although I don't live there (never have haha)!

I actually applied a couple of weeks before so I guess it's not that late

Oh shoot. That is the most torturous thing. I've been in your shoes a few times so I know how it feels

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah right where do you live then? (Not being nosy just curious 😂)

The application deadline was back in January though, are you sure they'll still consider you if you applied at this time?

Yeah, but I'd rather keep the friendship than risk losing it.

ReputationRep:
    Ah right where do you live then? (Not being nosy just curious 😂)

The application deadline was back in January though, are you sure they'll still consider you if you applied at this time?

Yeah, but I'd rather keep the friendship than risk losing it.
    Hahaha I know!I live in Saudi and I'm desperate to get out of here!

I actually contacted the universities and they said that they have places so I applied :')

And good idea!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Look at all these losers who've never had a relationship

Spoiler:
    Show
    I am one of those losers
    Hello loser 2! I'm loser 1. Nice to meet you too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noara)
    Just wondering! I'll start by telling about myself. I have been brutally single for the last 17-almost-18 years of my life (and I'm so proud and happy about it lol)
    Well loads of little ones that last like a month or two and 1 long one which has now exceeded 4 years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noara)
    Hahaha I know!I live in Saudi and I'm desperate to get out of here!

I actually contacted the universities and they said that they have places so I applied :'

And good idea!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've never been before, but I can't say I blame you. The human rights record is atrocious. If you've never been to a western country before then it'll probably be a bit of a culture shock haha but hopefully you'll like it over here!

Oh in that case then go for it! What are you going to study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francismcgowan)
    Well loads of little ones that last like a month or two and 1 long one which has now exceeded 4 years
    That "4 years" part made me so happy! Well happy for you,stranger :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've never been before, but I can't say I blame you. The human rights record is atrocious. If you've never been to a western country before then it'll probably be a bit of a culture shock haha but hopefully you'll like it over here!

Oh in that case then go for it! What are you going to study?
    It's actually true!

I reckon I'll love it there. Can finally drive .
    I will be studying software engineering hopefully. Wbu? What will you be studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noara)
    It's actually true!

I reckon I'll love it there. Can finally drive .
    I will be studying software engineering hopefully. Wbu? What will you be studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah that'll be great! I keep meaning to start my driving lessons soon but never get round to it haha, I'll probably try and learn after my exams.

I'm going to be studying Economics

ReputationRep:
    2, including the one i'm currently in ☺️

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that'll be great! I keep meaning to start my driving lessons soon but never get round to it haha, I'll probably try and learn after my exams.

I'm going to be studying Economics
    Hahaha the first thing that I will do when I get to UK will be find someone who can give me driving lessons lol

And good luck! what A levels exams are you taking in May/June?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    multiplied by zero. :ashamed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noara)
    Hahaha the first thing that I will do when I get to UK will be find someone who can give me driving lessons lol

And good luck! what A levels exams are you taking in May/June?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You shouldn't have to look too far, the uni itself may even be able to help find a driving instructor It must be awful to have your rights restricted so much :/

Thank you, you too! I'm taking Maths, Physics and Politics, wbu?

ReputationRep:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.